::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2003, 11:46 PM   #1
blsky

turbo for the 01' civic ex?

havent really seen any only to the 00' si's was jus wondering if any has found or seena decent price on a 01' civic ex turbo kit
Old 07-08-2003, 07:08 PM   #2
thermal
Banning Machine

Jotech had turbocharged an 01+ civic before. It cost a little over $4k because of the modification they had to do with that non-recirculating fuel system. The new Si', RSX, and 01+ civic have the same fuel system concept. There are turbo kits for those cars now. I would contact those same companies to see if they have a kit for your 7th gen civic. For now, ask around on this site to get more info:

http://www.7thgencivic.com/

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 06:01 PM   #3
MikeAtMaxRev

We make a turbo kit for the D17 Civic and it is a direct boltup for EX models. LX and others require some minor exhaust work. You can see it at on our site. For the fuel upgrade, we offer the MF2 AIC. It is one of the best options available due to the returnless fuel system on the D17. We are doing a group buy on 7th gen Civic for $2499 on the base package. Fueling options and kit polishing are extra.
Some other things to know is that we have a LIFETIME warranty on manifolds and downpipes against Manufacturers and materials defects.
We also now have Financing available.
Old 07-11-2003, 08:36 PM   #4
thermal
Banning Machine

That is great news Mike. I'll spread the word about your D17 turbo kit. Just curious tho, how does this MF2 AIC fuel management system work. Please educate us.....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 07-12-2003, 11:25 AM   #5
MikeAtMaxRev

The MF2 AIC is a great little controler. It is a stand alone additional injector controler. It can handle up to 4 injectors (we reccomend 2 for D17). It is very simple to install with few connections. You have power, ground, one wire you connect to something the unit can sence RPM from and the injetor wires. You also obviously have to plumb in the extra injectors. Once it is all hooked up, it is tunable at preset RPM's to add the necessary fuel. You take the cover off and it has micro LED's on the circut board so you know which one to adjust as you are running. It can also be hooked up to a laptop for 3d mapping capabilities. Plus on top of all of that, it will control water injection as well.
Old 07-12-2003, 01:20 PM   #6
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

ok what does it take to open up a dealere acct with max rev ?
sales@styledright.com

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 06:29 PM   #7
thermal
Banning Machine

That is a smart idea on that MF2. Why didnt I think of that. Hey Mike, do you happen to have a kit for a 00 Celica GT? Let me know. I was doubtful about putting a custom turbo together for this car since the fuel system on these Celicas are designed the same way, with a non-returning fuel line as well.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 07-15-2003, 10:27 AM   #8
MikeAtMaxRev

thermalfi'd16- We do not make a kit for the Celicas, but we do have a manifold/downpipe jigged for a Matrix with the same engine. I assume these parts will fit, but not positive.

hondaman-iac- I will contact you. E-mail me at sales@maxrev.com with your contact info.

Thanks
Old 07-16-2003, 10:06 AM   #9
thermal
Banning Machine

Thanks Mike. I'll keep that in mind

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum