::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2003, 03:44 PM   #1
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Whats gonna be the best part about the fast and the furious 2?

1. Flames coming out of the exhaust of 18 second cars for no apparent reason?

2.It's loaded with models and rappers and ads to make you forget you are watching pink hondas and purple mitsubishis for 2 hours?

3.It has EVO lancers in it, which aren't even in the States yet! Muscle cars from the last decade were just as fast as it, but who cares! Make way!!!

4. Since 95% of the cars in the movie can't beat the evil mustangs and vipers, let's smash them! If you can't win with APC on your side, smash it!

5. The movie depicts hardcore, serious racers. This is why most of the cars in the movie are for show purposes only and are tacky as hell.

6. Since NOS caused a danger to intake welds last time, the new system will cause damage to the radiator!

7.More dumbass teenagers who know nothing about cars will be steered into modifying mommy and daddys commuter car they handed down to him.

8. More of that DOUBLE clutching fun on a modern day sycronized transmission

PROPS TO AJ1978TA FOR MAKING THIS "POLL" UP!!!

2640lbs with full tank minus me w/ 302cid
check out the crustang and 88 cherokee @
www.cardomain.com/id/ford50forlife
ford50forlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 03:47 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

LMAO. those are good

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 03:51 PM   #3
ShEaNy

lol...
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 05:11 PM   #4
AJ1978TA

LOL. Got to love cardomain polls.
Old 03-05-2003, 06:24 PM   #5
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Can I ad another option?

9. When the wretched thing ends.

That'll be my favorite part. Seriously...the first one has some cool car chase type stuff, but the technical inaccuracies drove me nuts. What, you might be seen as typing, could piss me off like that?

- The opening seen where he shifts a Mistu Eclipse through 7 gears (yes, he starts off in 1st and shifts 6 times). Wow...I wasn't aware 7 speeds had hit the consumer market yet.

- The failure to realize that "direct port nitrous injection" and a "NOS Fogger system" are the exact same thing and thus mentioning both on the same car.

- Who honestly thinks an Eclipse, in any form, could hit 160mph?

- Somehow when that nifty computer that he stares at doing 160mph on a city street and the 3D graph in dash screen warn of "damage to intake manifold", the floorboard comes loose? Do these things have some crazy intake system I'm unaware of?

- The idea that nitrous will make your car actually top out at a faster speed. And I paraphrase "My car topped out at 160 today...I need NOS".

- Last, but certainly not least, I would love to see a run of the mill T-66 bolted onto a Civic. Without a seriously lessened A/R ratio it wouldn't be good for shit. Hitting boost at 9,000rpm...where do I sign up?!

Excuse me...I'm going to go curl up in my sock droor and sleep for days.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 07:56 PM   #6
'87 integra

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
Can I ad another option?

, but the technical inaccuracies drove me nuts. What, you might be seen as typing, could piss me off like that? -

what about at the beginning...when they are racing and the eclipse spins out....he is in front of the other two cars...but they never end up passing the eclipse...but "magically" they end up at the finish line before the eclipse does.
Old 03-05-2003, 08:13 PM   #7
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

I called it the BBQ mod.

everyone loves the turbizzim.
TeriyakiBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 09:02 PM   #8
Civic98

lol
Old 03-05-2003, 11:27 PM   #9
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:
Can I ad another option?

That'll be my favorite part. Seriously...the first one has some cool car chase type stuff, but the technical inaccuracies drove me nuts. What, you might be seen as typing, could piss me off like that?

- The opening seen where he shifts a Mistu Eclipse through 7 gears (yes, he starts off in 1st and shifts 6 times). Wow...I wasn't aware 7 speeds had hit the consumer market yet.

- The failure to realize that "direct port nitrous injection" and a "NOS Fogger system" are the exact same thing and thus mentioning both on the same car.

- Who honestly thinks an Eclipse, in any form, could hit 160mph?

- Somehow when that nifty computer that he stares at doing 160mph on a city street and the 3D graph in dash screen warn of "damage to intake manifold", the floorboard comes loose? Do these things have some crazy intake system I'm unaware of?

- The idea that nitrous will make your car actually top out at a faster speed. And I paraphrase "My car topped out at 160 today...I need NOS".

- Last, but certainly not least, I would love to see a run of the mill T-66 bolted onto a Civic. Without a seriously lessened A/R ratio it wouldn't be good for shit. Hitting boost at 9,000rpm...where do I sign up?!

Excuse me...I'm going to go curl up in my sock droor and sleep for days.

ROFLMFAO SO TRU I FORGOT THE MAGICAL FLOORBOARD!.... how bout the blown motor that runs away from the cops in the next scene.....

Old 03-06-2003, 02:16 AM   #10
Zanza

I was really hoping I just didn't know enough about cars when the floor board flew off...haha. In part 2 a fused piston will cause the passenger seat fly out the back window.
Old 03-06-2003, 03:21 AM   #11
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

LOL...I'd love to see that. After careful consideration, I've found a few more inconsistant flaws:

- That Charger in the end makes a wheelie launch with the tires spinning like mad. Now, you FWD guys may not be aware of this, but with the tires spinning you won't pull the front end up. A wheelie is a result of traction...not wheelspin.

- Again, that supposed 9 sec. Charger somehow can't pull on that Supra? I don't care how how much nitrous you've got or how big that turbo is, after about 450hp or so Supras become dyno queens and not exactly traction happy cars. Plus there's no way a Supra that even remotely resembled a street car will run 9's.

- Paul Walker could never get a girl like Jordana Brewster in real life. Do I really need to further explain that one?

- For an AWD car that Eclipse seems to have terrible traction issues. He does one helluva powerslide while running from the cops and seems to have straight line problems when launching.

- Guys with hydraulics on their cars usually don't hang with the racing crowd simply for the fact that having hydraulics automatically makes you suseptable to homo-erotic relationships. That's right...switches make you gay.

- I'm not sure where they looked, but it's hard to find a good asian whore in a catholic school girl outfit these days.

- And again, last but not least, how poorly would all of those cars have to be tuned to blow fire out of the tailpipes? In old muscle cars you got that from a big lopey cam, too much fuel, and a spark plug in the exhaust pipe. I thought import motors were supposed to be extremely efficient...not gas guzzlers with lopey cams.

That's enough for now...I'm going back to my sock drawer

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 03-06-2003, 03:50 AM   #12
maikoshi

yeah, i laughed at the wheelie/spin out moment too and i don't know a damn thing about cars. it's a sad day in hollywood.

oh, and not only the floor board fly off, but afterwards vin diesel sits nice n comfy in the passenger seat. nice.
Old 03-06-2003, 07:55 AM   #13
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by maikoshi
yeah, i laughed at the wheelie/spin out moment too and i don't know a damn thing about cars. it's a sad day in hollywood.

oh, and not only the floor board fly off, but afterwards vin diesel sits nice n comfy in the passenger seat. nice.

DUDE YOUR RIGHT! holy shits i forgot about that, lol he would be dragging his feet LOL!

Old 03-06-2003, 11:07 AM   #14
AzCivic

Shit, i'm gonna go tune my NOS timer and run 9's. Be right back, ahahahaha.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 11:07 AM   #15
get_probed

oh i dread the day FATF2 is released.....what a giant crap-sack its gonna be

but at least every car'll have NAWWWWWWWWWWS
Old 03-06-2003, 11:14 AM   #16
cashizslick

#4 on the first list
Old 03-06-2003, 02:10 PM   #17
black95gs-t

he didn't top out at 160. he topped out at 140. which is only 5 mph faster than a stock 95 gs-t's regulator is set at. for THE $70000 they said they spent on that car, damn that sucks. for $70000 i could have had mine running damn 9's.

"Hearts and minds gents.... And if that doesn't work, two in the heart and one in the mind."

"Life sucks.....so drop your pants and let the good times roll!" Mycivicjust8u
black95gs-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 02:52 PM   #18
msvtec14

7.More dumbass teenagers who know nothing about cars will be steered into modifying mommy and daddys commuter car they handed down to him.

There is a beauty to the above statement. Because, months after the movie comes out you can still laugh at all these dumbasses. That's what happened last time.
Old 03-06-2003, 07:51 PM   #19
Shot 2 Hel

PAUL WALKER OHHHH HE'S SOOOOOO HOTTTTTTTT
Old 03-06-2003, 08:07 PM   #20
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
- Guys with hydraulics on their cars usually don't hang with the racing crowd simply for the fact that having hydraulics automatically makes you suseptable to homo-erotic relationships. That's right...switches make you gay.

HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!

Did it say that Eclipse was a GSX?
Old 03-06-2003, 08:55 PM   #21
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by black95gs-t
he didn't top out at 160. he topped out at 140. which is only 5 mph faster than a stock 95 gs-t's regulator is set at. for THE $70000 they said they spent on that car, damn that sucks. for $70000 i could have had mine running damn 9's.

yea definately, i can vouch the gst might take awhile but its definately capable of it

Old 03-06-2003, 10:41 PM   #22
96coupe

i think the best part will be seeing all of the ugly cars around my town in the movie theatre lot. at least you can get a good laugh before the movie starts.
Old 03-06-2003, 10:45 PM   #23
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by maikoshi

*chanting* Flintstones, meet the Flintstones, ........
Old 03-07-2003, 07:55 AM   #24
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Re: Whats gonna be the best part about the fast and the furious 2?

Quote:
Originally posted by ford50forlife
3.It has EVO lancers in it, which aren't even in the States yet!

theres a shop thats been selling evo 5 6 and 7 lancers about 30 mins away from me for over 2 years now. they ship them all over the country, and motorex supplied a few cars for them also. i know a guy from there

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 09:08 AM   #25
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by Shot 2 Hel
PAUL WALKER OHHHH HE'S SOOOOOO HOTTTTTTTT

ROFL. He is the biggest tool ever. That's the best word to describe him. His pick up lines are the best.
Old 03-07-2003, 12:06 PM   #26
JamieS697

vin is flintstoning it for sure giving the eclipse and extra couple gears that paul walker can shift into
Old 03-07-2003, 12:13 PM   #27
msvtec14

I heard that the reason Vin didn't want to do the movie is because they wouldn't pay him enough or something like that.
Old 03-07-2003, 12:25 PM   #28
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by JamieS697
vin is flintstoning it for sure giving the eclipse and extra couple gears that paul walker can shift into

or the extra shifter
Old 03-07-2003, 03:02 PM   #29
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Re: Re: Whats gonna be the best part about the fast and the furious 2?

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
theres a shop thats been selling evo 5 6 and 7 lancers about 30 mins away from me for over 2 years now. they ship them all over the country, and motorex supplied a few cars for them also. i know a guy from there

ill tell alex to edit the poll and put "In production yet" in its place

motorex owns u! ill take mine in 1300hp please

yes sir just sign right here..

p.s. something about buying a built car though just turns me off, you cant really appreciate it.

Old 03-07-2003, 03:40 PM   #30
Shot 2 Hel

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
*chanting* Flintstones, meet the Flintstones, ........

ROFLMAO
Old 03-08-2003, 04:31 AM   #31
treadtight

the best part about fnf2 seeing all the ricers race each other
Old 03-08-2003, 10:49 AM   #32
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Re: Re: Re: Whats gonna be the best part about the fast and the furious 2?

Quote:
Originally posted by ford50forlife
ill tell alex to edit the poll and put "In production yet" in its place

motorex owns u! ill take mine in 1300hp please

yes sir just sign right here..

p.s. something about buying a built car though just turns me off, you cant really appreciate it.
buying a built car? am i missing something, motorex and the evo shop here sell stock cars for the most part. you can pay them more to get stuff installed before they ship it. the evolutions are a stock car. its not a built car from the factory. sure its got alot of badass parts on it, but its deffinialy not near its potential

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 01:37 PM   #33
black95gs-t

not only that but the motor in the eclipse was not even the 4g63 turbo version. it was the freakin N/A. my question is why in the hell would you build a car around an N/A motor when a turbo is available?
J

"Hearts and minds gents.... And if that doesn't work, two in the heart and one in the mind."

"Life sucks.....so drop your pants and let the good times roll!" Mycivicjust8u
black95gs-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 04:28 PM   #34
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by msvtec14
I heard that the reason Vin didn't want to do the movie is because they wouldn't pay him enough or something like that.

Or maybe he's just smarter than Paul Walker (I didn't mean to make that sound like some huge feat) and he knows that a F&F 2 should accompany the subtitle "Box Office Poison". That combined with the fact that it's gotta be hard to turn down $20M for a Triple X sequel. Shit...is this the kind of caliber movies I can expect from Hollywood? If it is just blow my brains out cuz I sure as hell won't need them at a movie theater.

Old 03-08-2003, 04:38 PM   #35
msvtec14

Quote:
Or maybe he's just smarter than Paul Walker (I didn't mean to make that sound like some huge feat) and he knows that a F&F 2 should accompany the subtitle "Box Office Poison". That combined with the fact that it's gotta be hard to turn down $20M for a Triple X sequel. Shit...is this the kind of caliber movies I can expect from Hollywood? If it is just blow my brains out cuz I sure as hell won't need them at a movie theater.

I would just like to say something about Vin. He looks like a big, tan Dr Evil. Anyway, I heard that triple X sucked too.
"Or maybe he's just smarter than Paul Walker (I didn't mean to make that sound like some huge feat)" < LOL. I wonder if the storyline in this is going to be at all tied into the first one. Or he is going to be an undercover cop elsewhere? If that's the case that's a little retarded because he blew his cover in the first.
Old 03-08-2003, 07:24 PM   #36
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I'll bet that he's one of "them" now and isn't a cop anymore but even in the first one he failed to take their cash or their respect (cuz to some people that's more important). I think a much more plausible and fitting story line would be that he's still a cop but now he's trying to infiltrate the underground world of gay bath houses. That role is tailor made for that pussy. He'll just happen to drive a Skyline GTR (yes, there will be one in the movie driven by that pillow bitter). Vin Diesel used to be cool...in Saving Private Ryan and as the voice of the Iron Giant and he was decent in Pitch Black. But I guess he's being replaced by Tyrese who will increase the coefficient of f@g exponentially.

Old 03-08-2003, 08:06 PM   #37
JamieS697

pitch black good movie newayz im pretty sure he is playing a role as a cop again i read it somewhere and tyrese and that b*tch are his partners or something
Old 03-09-2003, 03:20 PM   #38
msvtec14

Pitch Black was ok. It was a little scary here and there. So, him and Tyrese are partners? I wonder where this all takes place. What was he driving in the trailer? Wasn't Tyrese rocking out in a PURPLE Eclipse?
Old 03-09-2003, 05:57 PM   #39
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by msvtec14
I wonder where this all takes place.

Hmmmm...are you familiar with Dante's Inferno? Yeah...it's somewhere in the 9th circle of hell.

Old 03-10-2003, 03:13 AM   #40
Maxvla

the end and credits