::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2004, 06:19 PM   #1
Eric91Z

Accord Ride Height

Well, I didn't know if this should go in here or the suspension section, but I will start here. I took measurements of the Accord today in preperation for future lowing of the car. Anyway, found something weird on the car: It seems the left (driver's) side of the car sits about 1/2" lower than the right (passenger) side of the car. I wondering if this could be part of why the car pulls a little bit to the left, even after a recent alignment, with just me in it, but drives pretty straight with 2 people in the car. And there is no weird tire wear and all four tires are at the same pressure. And measurements were taken in the garage which is very flat and level.

Anyway, any thoughts? The car's suspension, at least the springs and struts, are original. The car is a 1992 Accord EX Coupe with 254,000 miles. And most of those miles were put on with just the driver in the car. Just wondering if that is why it is sagging a little bit on that side.

Here are what I got for measurements from the ground for the bottom of the wheel well lip:

Left Front: 26 2/8"
Right Front: 26 7/8"

Left Rear: 26 2/8"
Right Rear: 26 6/8"

And then the measurements from the top of the tire to the bottom of the wheel well lip:

Left Front: 4"
Right Front: 4 1/8"

Left Rear: 3 1/2"
Right Rear: 4"

Any thoughts?
Old 05-08-2004, 07:28 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well i have been trying to solve that mistery for a while now, and i came to the conclusion that the front crossbeam(underneath theengine, not the one under the radiator) likes to move to the left, leaving the caster on the right close to 0 or negative. i hope that will be fixed when my crossbeam swap is done. as for the suspension i would reccomend koni shocks with ground control coilovers, or eibach springs. nothing else

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 10:10 AM   #3
dox1

also a alignment wont help caster on a honda cuz you can only adjust toe. Unless of course you have a camber correction kit
Old 05-12-2004, 09:44 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by dox1
also a alignment wont help caster on a honda cuz you can only adjust toe. Unless of course you have a camber correction kit

the caster can be adjusted. that's what the radius rods are for

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote