Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Integra
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2002, 09:52 PM   #1
TruHeel142

Teg's will soon be gone......

http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/roadt...4/article.html

this link is about the transformation of the Teg into the RSX. The top title bothers me. "Goodbye, Integra. Hello, RSX". Makes me feel that I am a Teg owner, and I'm going to hold onto my baby for as long as possible, because face it, in 6-7 years, its going to be VERY rare to find a Teg rollin on the streets. Stupid RSX's had to come in a take the Teg's spot. What is going on with Honda, first they get rid of the Prelude, and now the Integra. I'm pissed, they're taking away the cars that define a Honda. What's Honda or Acura without the Lude or the Teg??? NOTHING......

Hold on to ur Teg, and be proud that you own one.
Old 01-15-2002, 10:10 PM   #2
juvenile

That's true. Even though I didn't/don't own one...I loved those cars...the way they looked and their states...RSX meh..it's ok but not better than a teg!
Old 01-15-2002, 10:31 PM   #3
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

I'm going to miss the tegs. I was going to get a red 95 gsr before I called my insurance company. They wanted $300+/month, so I said screw it. Same with the VTEC lude I really wanted one of those cars, but now I'm very happy with my Accord.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 11:25 AM   #4
Badcar22

i had a92 integra and i miss that car i think it is wrong the only car that can take the place of the teg is the RSX at least they chose a worthy replacement for the teg as for the lude there is no replacement for that and that is damn stupid on hondas part
Old 01-16-2002, 04:17 PM   #5
Jngrbrdman

Quote:
RSX is the new name for the redesigned Acura Integra.

In what freaking way? How is the RSX anything like the Integra? I don't look at is as such. Nothing could replace the Integra. It was simply deleted and a new car was created to fill the empty spot in the line up. I don't see the RSX having any similarity to the Teg. I've never really liked the RSX anyway.
Old 01-16-2002, 04:35 PM   #6
TruHeel142

Quote:
Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

In what freaking way? How is the RSX anything like the Integra? I don't look at is as such. Nothing could replace the Integra. It was simply deleted and a new car was created to fill the empty spot in the line up. I don't see the RSX having any similarity to the Teg. I've never really liked the RSX anyway.

Thats what I thought at first, but if ya look close, they really are the exact same size, their rear ends and lights are pretty alike. Other than the front, and interior goodies, and the engine being on the other side, they are kinda the same.

Everyone knew the Integra wuz gonna get a makeover soon, so this didn't surprise me. It IS the next-generation Integra, there's no doubt of that. They are both hatch's too, so.....
Old 01-16-2002, 05:05 PM   #7
Jngrbrdman

Mine ain't no hatch. As soon as they produce a 4 door Type S then I'll admit that it is the next generation Integra. I may even start accepting it if they make a 4 door RSX period. Maybe.
Old 01-16-2002, 05:14 PM   #8
TruHeel142

Quote:
Originally posted by Jngrbrdman
Mine ain't no hatch. As soon as they produce a 4 door Type S then I'll admit that it is the next generation Integra. I may even start accepting it if they make a 4 door RSX period. Maybe.

Well the 4 door RSX is coming out in the next couple years.
Old 01-17-2002, 10:45 AM   #9
JDock

Actually...

I do believe that the RSX chassis is completely identical to the new 7th Gen Civic Chassis... Anything that fits a new civic, fits an RSX, kinda weird... and they also look pretty much the same except for the angle of the back window, and the headlights/tailights... just my thoughts..
Old 01-17-2002, 10:52 AM   #10
Badcar22

the taillights arent because the RSX tail light is the integras buwith 2 circles coming out of it i doubt that honda put integra taillights on the new civic HB maybe but i think they look like a longer version of the coupe civic tail ights my thoughts
Old 01-17-2002, 12:27 PM   #11
JDock

Yeh, I just meant the body in general, like how 2001-2002 Civic Strut Bars will also bolt onto the RSX, and how they do look somewhat alike when you just glance at them, the RSX just has more angle to it though.
Old 01-17-2002, 12:39 PM   #12
Badcar22

i know what u meant u just said how there tail lights looked alike i didnt think so sorry if i came across mean didnt mean to sorry
Old 01-17-2002, 01:46 PM   #13
JDock

Err heh, nah it's coo, just a lil bit of miscommunication. What I said was, the two cars look similiar "except" for the angle of the back window and the tailights/headlights. Yeh, I can understand if you just skimmed through it you mighta read it wrong, or taken it in wrong, no big deal though, it's just all opinions.
Old 01-17-2002, 09:27 PM   #14
TruHeel142

You are kinda right about the shape cause the new Civ's are really round just like the RSX's. I don't kno, I'm not a big fan of the round look of the new Civic's, but maybe I'll start to like them sooner or later. RSX's are just rounder compared to Tegs, but the back lights are pretty much identical to Tegs, so ur right there badcar..
Old 01-18-2002, 07:17 AM   #15
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

WHat do you fellas think about the performance??

handling wise, you can be sure that the new RSX (even the S) kinda sucks.. Compared to the previous tegs anyways.
The suspension setup is truely crappy.
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 07:39 AM   #16
Badcar22

im not sure cause i haven ddriven one yet but im sure your right thers no way they could handel as good as the tegs
Old 01-18-2002, 07:59 AM   #17
TruHeel142

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord Man
WHat do you fellas think about the performance??

handling wise, you can be sure that the new RSX (even the S) kinda sucks.. Compared to the previous tegs anyways.
The suspension setup is truely crappy.

They made the RSX's a too big and round. And the new chassis just flat out stinks. I'm sure the car is nice in a straight line, but I don't think it can handle like the Tegs. Especially since they are using Civic parts in it, u know it won't handle like TEGS.
Old 01-18-2002, 08:39 AM   #18
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

For sure.. I saw an RSX-S do a run in a slalom and the inner-rear wheel lifted off the ground at about each cone..
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 10:11 AM   #19
JDock

I hear the new 2k1 civics perform much better suspension wise. I used to own one, and it gave me an extremely smooth and quiet ride, no matter what the speed... even 127mph
Old 01-23-2002, 11:32 PM   #20
OneDopeTeg

for the money right now I wouldnt even look at the RSX....if I were to get a brand new car it would hafta be the subaru impreza WRX!! They blew it with the RSX....except of course for the JDM RTR which is pretty tight.
Old 01-24-2002, 04:40 AM   #21
slowEJ6

WRX huh? ill wait for the Evo myself......it'll be a beast, for sure
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 08:57 AM   #22
tightteg52

Quote:
Originally posted by hybrid3do0rcx
WRX huh? ill wait for the Evo myself......it'll be a beast, for sure

only thing the evo is gonna be aroun 34,000 i've heard and wrx are around 25,000 but we will be getting the wrx sti to compete with the evo so the 4wd scene is about ot get interesting!!!
Old 01-24-2002, 08:41 PM   #23
OneDopeTeg

how much power does the sti make?
Old 02-19-2002, 12:11 AM   #24
NooNz

For The Evo...this is what i found
"For 2002, the home-market Evo VII enhances the basic Lancer platform with a 2.0-liter/276-horsepower DOHC turbocharged four, hardened five-speed manual transmission, AWD with active center differential and active yaw control, special motorsports anti-lock system with Brembo brakes, sport-tuned suspension, and 235/45ZR17 tires. To further ensure swift performance, curb weight has been minimized through lightweight components, such as the aluminum hood and fenders, and thin rear glass."

http://www.motortrend.com/nov01/evo/evo_f.html

and for the WRX sTi:
Base Price, GBP 31,995
Engine Type dohc 16-valve turbo flat-4
Powertrain Layout front engine/awd
Displacement, cc 1994
Horsepower@rpm 276@6400
Torque lb-ft@rpm 275@4000
Curb Weight, lb 3086
0-60 mph, sec 4.6
0-100 mph, sec 12.5
600 ft slalom, mph -
60-0 mph, ft -
Top Speed, mph 152

http://www.fantasycars.com/sedans/html/wrxnewsti.html

these should be the right numbers for those cars coming to North America....the price shown in the WRX sTi...i'm assuming that is US$....
Old 02-21-2002, 09:37 PM   #25
TruHeel142

Quote:
Originally posted by NooNz

and for the WRX sTi:
Base Price, GBP 31,995
Engine Type dohc 16-valve turbo flat-4
Powertrain Layout front engine/awd
Displacement, cc 1994
Horsepower@rpm 276@6400
Torque lb-ft@rpm 275@4000
Curb Weight, lb 3086
0-60 mph, sec 4.6
0-100 mph, sec 12.5
600 ft slalom, mph -
60-0 mph, ft -
Top Speed, mph 152

wow, 12.5 stock???? thats amazing
Old 02-21-2002, 10:55 PM   #26
tightteg52

Quote:
Originally posted by TruHeel142

wow, 12.5 stock???? thats amazing

remember that's 0-100 imagine its 1/4 nice car evo still looks better though
Old 02-22-2002, 04:35 PM   #27
Incubus

my biggest complaint about the RSX is the fact that it has crappy looking wheels and it looks really lifted in stock trim. If you look at the front wheels, you can see all the way to the other side and beyond!!! You'd never have that much lift in a Teg!!!

My friend said he had to lower the RSX 3 inches to make it look like it has a normal ride hight.

Also, look at the RSX tail lights, just like the early Tegs, with the orange rear blinkers and the rest red.....my guess is in a few years it'll be all red like the newer teg tail lights.
I wouldn't get an RSX though, I'd spring for the WRX or the MR2 Spyder no doubt.
Even a VW Golf GTI 1.8T is pretty nice.

Don't get me wrong, I'd definitely test drive an RSX-S just to make an educated decision but aside from the S2000 Honda doesn't really have any cars that I'm sprung on anymore.

They got rid of the lude because they combined the Teg and the lude into a new car, the RSX. Hence the 2.0 engine, etc.....it's only missing the LSD that the ludes had.