.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Integra
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2002, 03:54 PM   #1
Needhelp

my brother has a 95 Mustang Gt, and he raced a 1998 integra type R with a turbo.

he one but he said that was fatses import car he has ever raced, he wants to know what they run
Old 02-08-2002, 03:56 PM   #2
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Welcome to HS!

I couldn't tell you how fast, because we don't know how much boost, other mods, etc. he was running.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 06:22 PM   #3
BrandonClaps

well find out what your brother runs and add half a second i dono, oh yea it's WON not ONE
Old 02-08-2002, 09:21 PM   #4
slowEJ6

what mods does the GT have?
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 12:04 AM   #5
tightteg52

Quote:
Originally posted by hybrid3do0rcx
what mods does the GT have?

who cares about the crustang!!! but seriously im not a stang fan unless its a clossic 60's one!
Old 02-17-2002, 07:39 PM   #6
Incubus

A Type R in stock trim should equal or even beat a Muffstain GT! According to 1/4 mile times I've looked at, the Type R runs .04 sec slower than the Cobra.............so if the Type R was turbo, there was something seriously wrong with it, unless your brother's GT is pretty heavily modded!
Old 02-17-2002, 10:07 PM   #7
TruHeel142

Quote:
Originally posted by Incubus
A Type R in stock trim should equal or even beat a Muffstain GT! According to 1/4 mile times I've looked at, the Type R runs .04 sec slower than the Cobra.............so if the Type R was turbo, there was something seriously wrong with it, unless your brother's GT is pretty heavily modded!

Incubus, thats a nice avatar, hehe

and the type r can handle about 1000x betta than a Stung, plus turbo that type r shoulda blown that Stunk out of the water!!!
Old 02-22-2002, 04:46 PM   #8
Incubus

Thanks, my avatar is a pic I took of my rear Acura emblem a while back........it's my one artsy fartsy picture I've ever taken, and I didn't take it intentionally, I just wanted a close up shot of my indiglo emblem
Old 03-22-2002, 11:11 AM   #9
Integra221

Integra Type-R's run about a 14.8 stock. The Crustang GT's run about a 14.4 stock so if the Type-R was turbo im pretty sure he would have taken the Crustang. And who gives a shit about american cars anyway
Old 03-22-2002, 11:22 AM   #10
TruHeel142

Quote:
Originally posted by Integra221
And who gives a shit about american cars anyway

hahahaha, thats exactly what I say!!!!!!who wants just another mustang when u can have a damn type r turbo!!!!!! american cars are pieces anywayz, they fall apart every damn week.
Old 04-02-2002, 09:57 AM   #11
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i do not want to bash, or flame anybody, but the v6 stangs are food for my 92 LX. when it comes to gt's there is a toatally different story. It doesn't matter what trim the rustang is, they are a lot noisier than they should be, and the craftsmanship on them: ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch eek: . They miss the most important thing that i see in a honda: precision steering, and how tha car feels on the road

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 01:25 PM   #12
blownteggy

Just asking, but why would someone turbo an ITR. The compression alone is way to high on a ITR. Therefore, they would need different cams and other internals to make that thing work. The ITR might have been supercharged because Jackson Racing makes one for the ITR, which is a straight bolt on piece. Just wondering? Not trying to flame anyone either
Old 04-10-2002, 11:05 AM   #13
Integra221

Quote:
Originally posted by blownteggy
Just asking, but why would someone turbo an ITR. The compression alone is way to high on a ITR. Therefore, they would need different cams and other internals to make that thing work. The ITR might have been supercharged because Jackson Racing makes one for the ITR, which is a straight bolt on piece. Just wondering? Not trying to flame anyone either

This is a very good point. But it is not good to supercharge an engine with high compression either. Now that I think about it I dont think I've ever seen a turbo type r anywhere.

Maybe your brother, and his American piece of trash crustang, is mistaken.
Old 04-15-2002, 06:48 PM   #14
toykilla

Quote:
Originally posted by TruHeel142

hahahaha, thats exactly what I say!!!!!!who wants just another mustang when u can have a damn type r turbo!!!!!! american cars are pieces anywayz, they fall apart every damn week.

AMERICAN CARS WILL ROCK IMPORTS ANY DAY OF THE YEAR!!!! Please dont talk bad on american cars. Unless you want to put money on your ride up against a couple friends of mine, dont say they are junk and they fall apart. Also, American dont fall apart every week (have you ever seen a 60's japan import?) When was the last time you saw a 70's Vette? Yea, nuff said.
Old 04-15-2002, 06:49 PM   #15
toykilla

Quote:
Originally posted by Integra221

This is a very good point. But it is not good to supercharge an engine with high compression either. Now that I think about it I dont think I've ever seen a turbo type r anywhere.

Maybe your brother, and his American piece of trash crustang, is mistaken.

There is about 4 or 5 turbo'd type R's around here. Stock compression, they run like 5psi and are GOD DAMN FAST!!!
Old 04-15-2002, 08:34 PM   #16
SiSpeed2000

yes there had to be something wrong with the integra or the driver cause the type r should be eating up the 5.0....
Old 04-15-2002, 10:14 PM   #17
toykilla

Quote:
Originally posted by SiSpeed2000
yes there had to be something wrong with the integra or the driver cause the type r should be eating up the 5.0....

or maybe the stang is modded to hell.
Old 04-16-2002, 11:12 AM   #18
SiSpeed2000

Quote:
Originally posted by toykilla

or maybe the stang is modded to hell.
exactly,but again we don't know what the case was...
Old 04-27-2002, 02:59 AM   #19
dukmahsik

the last gen mustang GT sucked big time, the newer ones have bigger potential... even though i own an import and am a fan, there are many 9-10second DAILY driven domestics with FULL interior driving around. I know a few of them, really cool and knowledgeable guys. fastest way to being fast will be a V8 still for now.
Old 05-06-2002, 10:56 PM   #20
BLu3xCiViC

Quote:
Originally posted by toykilla

AMERICAN CARS WILL ROCK IMPORTS ANY DAY OF THE YEAR!!!! Please dont talk bad on american cars. Unless you want to put money on your ride up against a couple friends of mine, dont say they are junk and they fall apart. Also, American dont fall apart every week (have you ever seen a 60's japan import?) When was the last time you saw a 70's Vette? Yea, nuff said.

u kno why we dunt see 60's imports because they didn't come state side tell the 70's while most of the crusty assss domestics were killing gas, japanese auto makers were developing wayz to max the potentials of 4 cylinder engines finding wayz to save gas......okay.....and your average civic wasn't even meant to be a high performance cars...it was a gas saving put-put but enthusiast found wayz to make the lil family car a domestic eater daily drivers....but mustangs were made to be so called "high performance" using 5.0 v-8's but that aint shiet compared to a 1.8L b18c making more horses per liter than domestics.....top of the line integra gsr runs low 15's stock thatz amazing for only having 150-170 hp at stock....find me a domestic that runs a low 15's et having less than 170 horses than i'll shut up....hondas = high tech performance.......domestics = gas eating v-eighting shiets.....thats my opinion...........4 banger pride for life
Old 05-09-2002, 05:53 PM   #21
FLAT_LINER

DAMN RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHETHER YOUR SHOWIN UR RIDE OR GOT POWER TO HIDE CRUISIN THE SLEEPER OR STRAIGHT UP BLIND CREEPER SHIFT UP FROM 3RD FLIP THEM THE BIRD MASH ON THE GAS EMBARASS THEIR ASS AS THE TURBO STARTS WHINNIN IM LEAVIN BEHINDEN I SEE THRU DUST THE V8'S A BUST

DONT MESS WITH IMPORTS
Old 05-27-2002, 03:38 PM   #22
Grey16

You guys are funny busting american cars. I have a friend that runs 12.5@106mph and he shut his motor off right after the 1/8mile mark. His fastest time is 12.2@119mph without traction I never see a 12 sec import that is a daliy driver with a/c and p/s. He drives this car to the track and home at night also to work and were ever else he wants to go. Do get me wrong I love the import cars but a 12 sec car for any car is impersive to me. I dunno 457rwhp and like 490rwtq thats fast.

I dunno you decide what do you think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lacreades2.jpg (28.5 KB, 20 views)
Old 05-27-2002, 03:43 PM   #23
Grey16

heres another
(its kind of a bad pic)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eadeslaunch1.jpg (81.1 KB, 19 views)
Old 05-27-2002, 06:21 PM   #24
Violent Apathy

I'm sorry but as far as imports vs domestics go, if i had the money i'd definately go domestic. Don't get me wrong, i love imports, but if i had the money I'd definately go with a '69 Camaro SS over ANYTHING else

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Hunter S. Thompson, 1937-2005
Violent Apathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 06:35 PM   #25
Grey16

69 Camaro SS would be nice I have to agree with you but I will always own a import.