Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2005, 02:56 PM   #1
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I'm calling for the assassination of Pat Robertson

Did anyone else see this? Pat Robertson, leader of the 700 Club, failed presidential candidate, uber christian, and douchebag extraordinaire actually called for the U.S. to assassinate Venezualan president Hugo Chavez ON AIR. Talk about being pulled over by the weight of your own balls. The particulars can be seen HERE . This is the same guy who is such a good "christian" that a few years ago he actually prayed on air asking god to create vacancies on the supreme court so there would be more conservative judges (hooray for judicial activism!). The problem was he phrased it in a way that made me think he meant "create an opening by any means necessary". Then, a full 2 years later when Sandra Day O'Connor announced her resignation, good 'ole Pat was quick to make it sound like it was all his doing and that by praying on air he'd gotten god to do his dirty work. The lord may work in mysterious ways, but apparently he's not altogether efficient seeing as how it took him 2 god damn years to get around to answering Pat's request.

So...with all of that in mind...I'm not inciting anyone to kill Pat Robertson. I'm just saying that if you happen to grab a high powered rifle and set your sights on him and your finger slips...well...no one will blame you. Wow...turn about really IS fair play!
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika

Last edited by GT40FIED : 08-24-2005 at 03:31 PM.
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 08:57 PM   #2
IALuder

steve give ma colt45 and ill take care of this for you.

ps. by colt 45 i mean beer.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 09:35 PM   #3
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by IALuder
steve give ma colt45 and ill take care of this for you.

ps. by colt 45 i mean beer.

Colt 45? But you're not black. Ha. I kid, I kid. All I've got is Miller Lite. Will that work?

But seriously, why hasn't this bog-trotting sock sniffer been arrested or at the very least been labeled a terrorist? Semi-radical muslim clerics have been arrested for less than this. At the very least I can think of some hate speech laws that he's violated. We've (and by "we", I mean Amerikans) become such boorish morons that we'll let a man get away with calling for another man's death simply because he invoked god's name while doing it. And "our" god...not that filthy muslim god. Haha...just kidding...it's essentially the same god. If he was a muslim, Robertson's call for Chavez's assassination would've been labeled a fatwah and men in ski masks with MP5s would be storming his house right now (although I have no doubt the news would refer to it as a "compound" rather than a "house" because that sounds more sinister. Regular guys live in houses...Superman villains live in compounds). I'm just fucking fed up with all of these hooker-fucking, child-raping, money-skimming, blue-collar-screwing ass ponies who call themselves "men of god" getting away with anything they fucking want just because they're sucking Bush's dick (see: Karl Rove...traitor extraordinaire and, one could reasonably assume, Satan incarnate). Please note, it's not easy to fit the word "fuck" or one of it's variables into a sentence 3 times, but I've done it.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 08-24-2005, 10:11 PM   #4
IALuder

lol, yes you did.

i was watching the shit he said on the daily show. fucking funny. he should be arrested for something.

Old 08-25-2005, 10:18 AM   #5
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

I agree that he is a douche bag and shouldn't have said what he did. I believe he still has a right to say whatever the hell he feels the need to say. Let his followers take offence and let himself ruin his "good" name.

Karma can be a bitch sometimes. He'll get what he deserves sooner or later..

Last edited by Racing Rice : 08-25-2005 at 10:24 AM.
Racing Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 10:09 PM   #6
IALuder

freedom of speech only goes so far.

Old 08-26-2005, 06:53 AM   #7
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

How so? If its moderate, then there isn't any freedom. I say let him talk shit, if something happens we know who to pin it on. Whether he did it or not. He'd be the number one suspect.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:09 AM   #8
IALuder

true or one of his 700 Club retards did it.

Old 08-26-2005, 10:58 AM   #9
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
How so? If its moderate, then there isn't any freedom. I say let him talk shit, if something happens we know who to pin it on. Whether he did it or not. He'd be the number one suspect.

Well technically there are limits. I mean, you can't speak in a manner that incites a crime to be commited. This is why you can't walk up to a cop and tell him you're going to kill him and just stroll off like nothing happened. I'm all for free speech because, as Noam Chomsky once said, "if you don't believe in freedom of speech for the speech you don't like, you don't believe in it at all". I just also happen to realize that there is a time and place for everything. That time and place is generally not on national television in front of a bunch of people who think you're some kind of holy man.

Old 08-26-2005, 11:31 AM   #10
IALuder

i have to agree with steve. this is a time place, and he did have either one in his favor.

plus, freedom is speech isnt what it means. you can get a arrest for verbal assault. so i guess it isnt so free after all.