::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2002, 05:59 PM   #1
RonHodge

Boost Gauge Install

I finally got my greddy kit installed today. Now all I need to do is install the boost gauge. The speedshop wanted $60 for the install, so I decided to do it myself. It's a autometer boost gauge, I'm looking at the instructions but can't figure it out? I thought the kit included everything, but it looks like I'll have to purchase a t-fitting. Any help anyone can offer would be great. Right now I have the greddy turbo, greddy intercooler and greddy bov type s installed. One last thing, I've havn't install a turbo timer yet, so when I shut off my car, I let it idle for about 5 minutes. I have a water temp gauge, when I park my car it's usually reading 110 to 120. When I let my car idle for 5 minutes it shoots to about 180. Is this still good for my turbo?

Ron
Old 12-09-2002, 07:36 PM   #2
BlazinCrx

On the boost gauge install you will need a t fitting and I would suggest you not use the autometer boost line and get some actual vacuum line. you want to tee it off somewhere on the intake manifold. As for letting your car sit running for 5 minutes is over kill, I would recommend 1 to 2 minutes.
Old 12-09-2002, 08:05 PM   #3
thermal
Banning Machine

all you have to do is tap it off the same T with the BOV. you'll need a 4-way T. right now, you have a 3 way T for the BOV. the BOV should be tapped off on the fuel pressure regulator vacuum tube.....or, you can also tap it off the cruise control vacuum tube. the autometer plastic tubing will be sufficient for now. get a coppe tubing later on from a harware store.....look at my website: www.thermal99.20m.com under "modifications1". i have a picture of the BOV 4-way T to go with the boost gauge. peace!

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote