::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2002, 07:14 PM   #1
suprajb

how much boost for turbo ls

ok,.. i have a swapped 92 civic,.. and i just turbo'd it,.. ls motor has exactly 38,xxx i have a t-25 turbo, greddy bov, apexi intercooler, 440 cc injectors,holley 225lbh pump, vortec 12:1 fmu, apexi safc, missing link, and well,.. thats pretty much it with the motor. i only plan on having this car another year at most. what kind of boost should i run? (i have many actuators around, turbos etc.) what else do i need to be safe? id really like to not open up this motor, but if i have to im capable (ase cert. for a year now) i havent heard any pinging at 12psi max, but i think i want to stay around 8-10,.. what you think? any ideas would be greatly appriciated!

thanks!

never spun 18s with an automatic tranny before,.. god turbo's are sweet.

still isnt my old supra,.. now thats tuuuurbo!
Old 11-26-2002, 02:52 AM   #2
thermal
Banning Machine

with all the gadget that you already have, there are plenty of options for you. B18B's are strong engine and i'm sure you're aware that these engines are low compression. i've seen people push 12psi on those bad boys all day on stock engine. however, i do not like to give you bad advice based on other people's risk.

i say boost 8-10 using:
-12:1 FMU
-255lph
-440cc
-SAFC tuned
-missing link

OR

-SAFC (hacked with -35 trim, check out www.dropshop.com tech)
-440cc injectors
-255lph

obviously, both above suggestions are intercooled.

Dr Drew has a lot of experience with B18's. he'll put in his 2 cents once he reads this post. peace

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 07:06 AM   #3
suprajb

thanks!

yeah i was just getting ready to try the safc hack and ditch the link fmu and crap,.. but i dont know,.. i have so many items that i want to get as many possible combos as i can ya know? just like at work,.. experience gets you a long ways. ive heard everything good about the ls engine. there are like 5 people here in omaha that i have found that are all running 12psi on a stock motor, but you see i dont want to be blowing up such a young motor. plus i have like 4 other projects im working on and really dont have time to be rebuilding. either way im thinking 10 psi should be fine,.. whats everyone think?
Old 11-29-2002, 02:57 PM   #4
Boosted3g

Wtih a t-25 you can run quite a bit of boost with out doing any harm. Tune it well and i wouldnt be surprised if you can easily tune 15 psi from it. It will not be the most effifient boost and a larger turbo will definantly make quite a bit more power but if you are stuck with a t-25 any more boost than 15 psi wont net any more power.