.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > For The Geek In You
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2004, 09:37 AM   #1
blind34_1

COD: United Offensive

So who's playin it? I just got it (along with a legit copy of cod:goty) and I am thoroughly impressed.

For those of you who don't know, Call of Duty is considered (by me, and I'm sure many others) to be the best realistic first person shooter. Its set in WWII and has an extensive campaign mode and an excellent multiplayer mode.

Anyway, United Offensive is just an expansion pack, but it adds so many great new features.

First one that comes to mind is the smoke bomb. We played UO last night at a lan party and it was of course great. We all just started throwing smoke bombs into one area and blasted away. it was great. But it actually is a great tactical tool to conceal a coordinated advance.

Next is the vehicles. Oh man this is great! I WOULD like to see more jeeps and trucks than tanks, as the tanks give almost an unfair advantage. In the jeeps though, if an enemy crashes into your driver side, you get thrown from the jeep and die. Running people over is funny too.

You also get many extras, like satchel charges, artillary binoculars (to call in mortars), sprint mode (finally!)

Theres a whole bunch of new modes of play (capture the flag is my favorite so far)

This is an expansion definatly worth buying for both the single player campaign and the multiplayer.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote