.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > For The Geek In You
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2004, 10:08 AM   #1
Otakuguy

What to do...

So I'm up here at Kirkwood Community College studying to be a PC Technician with a bit of LAN Management on the side...It's going great but there's one thing that's bugging me

What would be the best place to work for?
A Friend of mine works at a CompUSA...but I really don't wanna work for a retail store, even if I'm in the Tech Dept.

I was just wondering if any of you guys have had experience in this field/work as a PC Tech right now. just gathering some ideas for my future career ^_^

Thanks!

Kevin
Old 10-06-2004, 10:57 AM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

try the it department at your local college. i used to work for about 1yr for them and i liked it. plus compusa wants you to be a good salesman even if you are a tech. i know i had an interview with them about a year ago

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 02:27 AM   #3
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I would never work for CompUSA. Their industry reputation is shit and they pay you as little as they can while making insane mark-ups on their products. Like Stefan said...check with the college. I had a friend in high school that did part time work for the school district his senior year and as soon as he graduated they hired him on full time.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 03:29 PM   #4
CD5Passion

places like bestbuy and circuitcity have tech teams that don't do anything except for install shit for lazy customers and get paid fairly well for it, our store just started a tech crew and they sit in the break room all day removing viruses and installing hardware
Old 10-19-2004, 02:49 PM   #5
Nelsmar
1st Gear

Microsoft

well doubt they need tech's more programers... even though they are building a HQ in india for cheaper labor.

fact is their secretarys make MORE than ANY in the country, (something like 100k average a year) : P

i know i know you all hate microsoft... hell so do i but yeah you wonder were all the money goes? not in his damn pocket...
Nelsmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 02:51 PM   #6
Nelsmar
1st Gear

oh kirkwood... not kirland... my bad
kirkland kinda close to redmond, which is wher ethe HQ is located....
Nelsmar is offline   Reply With Quote