.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > For The Geek In You
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2004, 10:58 PM   #1
biker's back

accessing files

Ok the files are on an ntsf partion, on a win2k machine and until recently have been fully accessable.

I started having issues when we moved the files to another machine, but they seemed to work alright and now they can't be viewed by any of the machines or for that matter movied at all.

I think the permissions are all mixed up, i tried resetting them but that didn't work. How can these be recovered?
Old 08-06-2004, 01:50 PM   #2
FlooredAccord
2nd Gear

It's the file encryption in Win2000.

What files did you transfer and to what operating system(ie WinXP HE or WinXP Pro)?

What are you gonna do? Sick your dogs on me? Or your bees? Or dogs with bees in their mouth so when they bark they shoot bees at me?
-Homer Simpson
FlooredAccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 01:51 PM   #3
FlooredAccord
2nd Gear

You have to take ownership on whatever files you've transferred on the local machine.

What are you gonna do? Sick your dogs on me? Or your bees? Or dogs with bees in their mouth so when they bark they shoot bees at me?
-Homer Simpson
Old 08-06-2004, 04:22 PM   #4
biker's back

how do i do that?

and win2k
Old 08-06-2004, 06:06 PM   #5
FlooredAccord
2nd Gear

So you transferred files from a Win2K machine to another Win2k machine? Did you copy them over a network or copy to a CD and then paste to a directory? Well, you should be able to find the file(s) in Explorer. Once found, right click on the selected file and click sharing and security. Click the security tab and then click the advanced button on the bottom. Find the owner tab and click it. Make sure you are an administrator and have the authority to take ownership of the selected files. Change the ownership to whoever. Hope this helps. I have more info, but it's a lot to write.

-Homer Simpson
Old 08-18-2004, 10:08 AM   #6
mndthegap1

^^^ that about sums it up, just make sure that if you copied them to a cd first then transfered em over, that you turn off the read only permissions first. usually if you copy pc to cd back to new pc it will assign read only permissions.