::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2002, 04:30 PM   #1
musa1982

Why doesnt my window roll up properly?

Hello! I have a 1993 honda accord LX(sedan)and i have a weird problem. When i roll up my passenger side front window, it seems to stick a little. When going down, there is no problem. When going up though, it appears to be a little "bumpy". All other windows roll up/down without problems. It seems to me like some spraying some kind of oil on the track might fix this, but i am not sure. Can you let me know if this will require repair, or what kind of oil to us on it.

thanks!
Old 10-11-2002, 04:38 PM   #2
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

dont just spray lube in there..

Open it up, clean it well ,and spray a light coat of dry silicone based lube.. Jig-a-loo works great!
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 05:00 PM   #3
musa1982

first off, thanks for replying. So your saying to actually take the door apart to clean it? That sounds like a lot work. I might have to wait a while before i can do all that. About that jig-a-loo, can it be found in most auto part stores?

thanks
Old 10-11-2002, 06:52 PM   #4
BrandonClaps

actually, the problem lies in the gasket, not the tracks, the gasket the window goes into must be sprayed with silicon (directly from honda)
Old 10-11-2002, 08:08 PM   #5
musa1982

do you guys know of any website that has a "how to" of performig this task--preferably with pictures. i will have to get the spray from honda? what is the exact name of the spray?

thanks
Old 10-11-2002, 08:17 PM   #6
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Quote:
Originally posted by musa1982
do you guys know of any website that has a "how to" of performig this task--preferably with pictures. i will have to get the spray from honda? what is the exact name of the spray?

thanks

nope sorry..

If you do spray any on the rubber, make sure it isnt on an area that comes in contact with face of the window.. otherwise, good luck trying to keep em clean.
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 08:20 PM   #7
BrandonClaps

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord Man
nope sorry..

If you do spray any on the rubber, make sure it isnt on an area that comes in contact with face of the window.. otherwise, good luck trying to keep em clean.

i actually asked him about that, he said don't drench it, i didn't wanna do it, i rather have them do it under warranty and ***** if it streaked my windows ;D