.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > For The Geek In You
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2004, 05:16 PM   #1
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Success!!!!11one!!

Well...after my long and pain in the ass problems with a complete spyware take over, I am once again cleansed. I ran a destructive system recovery yesterday and my shit's running faster and better than even when it was new. Now I'm running spyware checks like two or three times a day. Perhaps a bit overkill...but that shit is not messing me up again. It took forever to get the job done. Between backing stuff up, trying to save as much good stuff from my old files as I could, the actual reformat, and downloading all of the stuff I used to have, it took me probably about 6-8 hours. That's a full days work. I should've been paid. Bitches. Anyway, thatnks to everyone who helped out getting my shit worked out.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 11:14 PM   #2
blind34_1

glad to hear it, man. good job

now, what are your preventative measures against this happening again?
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 11:32 PM   #3
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Well I'm running Spybot S&D v1.3, Adaware Personal SE 1.05, Xoftspy, and Norton two or three times a day each (or any time I download ANYTHING)...except for Norton...that's once every couple of days. I thought about using the built-in XP firewall...but I've heard that people have had problems with it. Other than that, any ideas that I haven't covered?
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 06:06 PM   #4
blind34_1

Either the xp firewall or zonealarm, one of the two i think i would run.

I personally just use a hardware firewall, (yes i know that for maximum security its best to use both a software and hardware). Hardware firewall would just be a router between you and the WAN.

everything else sounds good, man. get yourself a dvd writer and make frequent backups of anything important.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote