::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Interior Modifications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2002, 07:06 PM   #1
Azkikr111

new cluster

yeah, them darn 96 dx civic aint commin with no gosh darn tach, hear what i mean?

i was thinkin of rippin one out of a junkyard civic EX or something of that nature, and then later get some pretty indiglo guages, i just want a normal tach, not anything with a big ugly shift light or anything up on my dash, just a nice little tach for my manual civic...and what really pissed me off were those darn plastic clips.....

yeah them uf-kers broke off on me when i was tryin to take it out earler, so i need a little plastic covering too now...

anyone know how much i should be spending on the instrument cluster off a junkyard civic?...or should i just try leaving it by the fence and picking it up in the middle of the night? (please dont make me steal...i hate to steal cheap civic parts)

also, what is needed (hardware wise) to make this replacement?...any extra wires or other mechanisms of that nature besides just the cluster?
Old 03-05-2002, 11:45 PM   #2
azn_nite_ryder

stealing = a$$ whompin... dont go that way....

as for the cover... take it all off... i had mine off forever.. well like summer last year.. and its ok... its still clean... but i know clusters from honda are nasty expensive so i figure aroud 100 for a junkyard one.... and remember thats CDN currency....
Old 03-06-2002, 06:10 PM   #3
Azkikr111

damn, aight...100 aint too bad...i guess i could deal with that...i just hope i dont have too much trouble replacing it and finding any wiring harnesses for the tach (i dont know if it'll just swap out or if it needs a new connector somewhere)

thanks
Old 03-06-2002, 11:58 PM   #4
azn_nite_ryder

im not sure about civs but maybe you can get an SI cluster and put that on?? woudl that work?? i dunno... maybe your just better off getting an external tach and molding it in your dash.. that would be cheaper.. and it'll lokk a lot nicer... custom mod... MMmmmm
Old 03-07-2002, 05:19 PM   #5
Azkikr111

right...i think i can get one and itll just drop in as a replacement...i really just want mods that arent permanent you know, im not sure if im gunna be keeping this car after i get outta college, i might go for a nice lude...

so it'd be good to preserve it to where i can easily restore it back to original to get a nice trade

otherwise i'd have about 30 more holes in it }:]
Old 03-07-2002, 05:30 PM   #6
Whtehnda93DXSdn
It has 4 Doors...

well you are looking to pay anywhere from 35-100 US...you could try a local junkyard for prices or maybe
www.thepartstrader.com
www.ebay.com
www.aaforeign.com

I hope that might help out a little....There are a couple of companies that make a smaller tach that you could mount somewhere....Just a thought...
Old 03-07-2002, 05:40 PM   #7
Azkikr111

thanks