::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2002, 07:38 PM   #1
accordboy00

Tire pressure?

What do you guys recommend I inflate my tires to for good handeling during everyday driving. What I'm trying to ask is should all four of my tires have the same psi, or should the back two be over/under inflated?
I was just wondering because my gf's 2000 eclipse recommends that the back tires be 5psi less than the front tires. Is this for a reason, or is it because she has a sports coupe?
What do you guys think?
Old 05-19-2002, 01:28 AM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i think it is supposed to be in the owner's manual. you can go 4-6 psi over the reccomended pressure without risking your suspension. i ave mine set at 40 psi (185/70/14's) and i can say that the ride is a bit harsh, but the handling is really good. when they say about what you need to use, is because of the weight of the car, weight distribution, suspension setup. hope this helps you.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 11:05 PM   #3
AcCoRd97Lx

should say on the tire, i would keep all four tires the same PSI just cuz that would be more balanced?
Old 05-22-2002, 01:00 AM   #4
accordboy00

sweet, just wonderin'
Old 05-22-2002, 08:25 AM   #5
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by AcCoRd97Lx
should say on the tire, i would keep all four tires the same PSI just cuz that would be more balanced?

on the tire it says the maximum psi the tires should be inflated to.

and for all the tires having the same pressure it is not true. the accord is a special case, but there are cars that have diufferent pressures for the front and rear

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 01:57 AM   #6
AcCoRd97Lx

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac

on the tire it says the maximum psi the tires should be inflated to.

and for all the tires having the same pressure it is not true. the accord is a special case, but there are cars that have diufferent pressures for the front and rear
true, cuz my friend's 325i has different sized tires so i know they have different PSI, i just thought that since MOST accords have the same size tires F/R, it would be the case...oh well
Old 05-23-2002, 07:47 PM   #7
Bondo

You can safely inflate the tires to the max pressure on the sidewall. This is cold pressure, like first thing in the morning before you even start it.

Pressure basically affects handling by changing the spring rate of the tires. So if you're pushing in the corners, you can run the rears a little softer to loosen it up. It doesn't make a huge difference, but it can change the feel.