Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2002, 01:18 AM   #1
Civicfrenzy

automatic?

What do you guys feel about automatics?
I have a 96 civic and i could sell it look for a manual or i could just stick with what i ahve. Im not looking for my car to be extremely fast but i do want to help it gain some speed. So what are some things that would give it a pretty good step up. I cant afford NOS or stuff like that, and i know intake but is ther anything else?

Mainly im just doing it for looks and b/c iv become obsessed with cars and want to learn everything i can about them. I just dont want to have my car look really nice and have a stock engine still. That doesnt work for me.

So what is your opionions. I know its all my choice but i still want to know how others feel. Sell the car or stick with what i have?
Thnx everyone.
Old 06-09-2002, 01:19 AM   #2
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

You said you're mostly going for show, so I wouldn't bother to sell the car and buy a manual.

I personally don't like driving an auto, so that's why I'd go for the manual.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 02:42 AM   #3
heartbreakkid

well if you want to go for show then just stick it the automatic, and if you want to add some speed also just for the I/H/E (intake, header, exhaust) and get some NGK spark plug and wires to give you engine a little bit of boost.
Old 06-09-2002, 04:39 PM   #4
BLu3xCiViC

i think automatics are okay for cruising and for show...my car was automatic for almost a year til i converted that ***** into a manual (with an ls swap) cuz i wanted to make my baby a lil faster....i think you should make it look good for show and add the basic i/h/e for that lil extra since u said u didnt want it extremely fast....good luck.....well thatz my 2 cents for free
Old 06-09-2002, 06:14 PM   #5
blind34_1

If you do switch to manual, I personally think its harder to drive an auto after that. I've been driving my car (stick) for quite awhile, and when I had to borrow my friends car one day, I kept looking for the clutch! For a second I put the brake to the floor cause I wasnt payin attention to what car I was driving. That was interesting looking! Maybe I'm just stupid...
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 11:03 PM   #6
LadyCivic

hey dude, about the probe, don't feel too bad because it was actually a Mazda!! And yes I agree, driving an auto sucks, and yes we've all used our left foot and gone for the clutch and it wasn't there..........
Old 06-12-2002, 12:33 AM   #7
Slider

How much does it cost to swap and how difficult is it?
Old 06-12-2002, 02:58 PM   #8
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by Slider
How much does it cost to swap and how difficult is it?
Why would you want to...if your not concerned with speed. Don't worry about it.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 05:51 PM   #9
Slider

Who says I'm not concerned with speed? Speed is what I'm all about!
Old 06-13-2002, 08:38 AM   #10
Mushroom

Speed? Common, folks, isn't the question "do you enjoy driving"? I don't drive stick because it shaves a 0.1s off my 1/4 mi; I drive it because I like the additional control over my machine. I drive all the time; a stick makes it more fun.

I say if you like driving and not just owning a hunk of metal, sell and buy a stick!