::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Body Modifications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2003, 02:59 PM   #1
DjFrost

Evo II & Black Widow bodykit???

hey I want to know how good those two body kits are......

I have already ordered EVO II front bumper and Black Widow sides and back bumper........ will it last for everyday driving??
Old 07-29-2003, 11:37 PM   #2
ifeldwn02
3rd Gear

most likly no i have a friend with a black widow and he has had to fix it 3 times in the past 8 months and he just broke it the other day
ifeldwn02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 07:46 AM   #3
DjFrost

come on now....... I know that it can't be that bad...... unless he is going off roading with it or something...... or keeps on hitting it against something.......... I just can't belive that it starts cracking without any reason....
what are the stock car bumpers made out of???????????
Old 07-30-2003, 11:05 AM   #4
Sol's Eye

Quote:
Originally posted by DjFrost
what are the stock car bumpers made out of???????????

Most stock car bumpers are made out of urethane or a flexible plastic. And they sit higher off the ground than most body kits. Since fiberglass is a lot stiffer, it is much more likely to crack if any stress is applied to it. And since a body kit changes the lower edges of a car, it is more likely to have stress applied to it. Therefore, most low quality fiberglass body kits are hard to maintain. There are higher qualities of fiberglass that will withstand more stress, though.

The easiest solution? Get a urethane kit.
Old 07-31-2003, 10:20 AM   #5
2000Pimpinex
Super Moderator

You will get alot of stress cracks but it shouldn't be to bad.
1985 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8 351W
w/ 33X12.5X15
2000Pimpinex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 02:43 AM   #6
ifeldwn02
3rd Gear

he was going down the highway one time and ran over something that flew up and broke the back bumper. he had something else hit it one then he had a dog run out and hit him but just the roads do it also the car is lowered so the kit is not that far from the ground and he cant go into a lot of places cause of it
Old 08-03-2003, 09:25 AM   #7
DjFrost

hehe I am not lowering my car....... and no wonder he breaks it if he keeps on hitting stuff and has it lowered
Old 08-18-2003, 04:04 PM   #8
GirlSolRacer

I would never get a fiberglass body kit. The urethane kits are more expensive, but if you are buying a kit to make your car look good, why not make it look good and last? A friend of mine has a black widow kit, and it looks worse than crap. It keeps cracking all over, and no matter what he does or how careful he is, it just looks like crap. He's had it fixed and painted numerous times, and it keeps cracking in the same places, and new places. By now he has spent the money he could have bought a urethane one for. If you can wait, save your money for the urethane. You'll be much happier and will be able to breathe a little easier.
Old 08-18-2003, 04:58 PM   #9
TonitrusEN
4th Gear

There are up sides and down sides to both fiberglass an urethane..

The upside on fiberglass is that its light and if cracked, you patch it, paint over it your fine, downside is that it will tear if stress is applied.

urethane upside: more durable will not tear or crack easily. but if you dent it, and bend it back, and try to paint on it, you will have spider web cracks all over the paint the first time anything touches the bumper.. just my experience..

My Baby

Unbelievable...

Quote:
Anonymous: Yea but a car has 4 heads, so it's headers!

Me: Or.. you could say that a car has one head...
TonitrusEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 09:23 PM   #10
slowEJ6

stock wheels and a bodykit eh? no drop?

its not gonna look pretty.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 02:29 AM   #11
DjFrost

hehe I was gonna buy wheels but I just blew 1300 bucks on a new PC....... needed one really bad for new games that will come out soon......... oh and my old box is 3 years old now and it's a pice of shit Gateway........ rimz will wait..... and body kit will be off for winter cuz I will probably not get to buy a second car......
Old 08-30-2003, 03:56 PM   #12
slowEJ6

$1300 on a PC? shieeeeeet

what specs?
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 09:42 AM   #13
DjFrost

u want the specs?? u can't handle the specs lolz.... ok here they go...

3.0 Ghz
1 GB of DD Ram
GeForce FX 5900 it has 256 mb
220 GB HD.... well I bought one 80 GB and I am using two from my old PC an 80 GB and 60 GB
Sound Blaseter 2
52x cd-rw, dvd rom

Oh yeah and every ricers dream..... a Neon PC Case...... w00t... nice blue light

I think I should be ready for Half Life 2, Doom 3, and other games like it now lolz.....
Old 09-15-2003, 10:11 AM   #14
ifeldwn02
3rd Gear

its going to look kinda odd sitting up in the air with a kit
Old 10-22-2003, 10:01 AM   #15
DjFrost

aight... well it has been a while... I did not paint the kit yet... because I wanted to see if what some of you said it's true... so far no cracks on my kit at all.... everything looks good execpt that its not painted.... so for now it's all holding up... gonna drive it like this for little bit more to see if anything cracks.... but it's gonna looks so good when I get rest of my stuff and paint this sucker
Old 10-22-2003, 11:24 AM   #16
Wren57

Please remove the side molding when you paint the car. It'll look cleaner.
Old 10-22-2003, 12:45 PM   #17
DjFrost

yeah I know... I still need to get BW II Hood, Z3 fenders, and those mirrors with led..... then I will shave off the back door handles... leave front handles on.... and will shave off the molding on the doors.........

Then will paint it probably blue with metal flakes o_0
Old 11-03-2003, 11:53 AM   #18
Dasspipe

From what i've gathered from having my buddyclub kit, and several of my friends who drive imports with kits, body kits will crack for a couple reasons:
-Driving the freeway at high speeds and having shit fly up at the kit.
-Hitting shit (those annoying ass parking blocks when you're parking are a common way to crack a kit)
-And just not knowing how low your kit is to the ground... If you're pulling up to a gnarly speed bump that you're not sure if you can clear or not, ****ing go around it or find another way to go. Obviously this is a lot easier to do if your ride isn't kissing the ground. My Civic sits on 17"s, and has a kit but isn't lowered, so i can make it over nearly anything if i take the right angle and approach at it.
-And yea some kits are cheap and crack easier than others, but a friend of mine has the Black Widow kit and his has held up great.