::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Nitrous
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2003, 12:02 PM   #1
Gary

NX on a 00 Accord 3.0VTEC

I Just bought an NX Kit for my 00 Accord 3.0VTEC. I haven't heard of many people using it on the 3.0VTEC. What do I need to do to get the best results, other than spark plugs, and high octane fuel? What kind of performance improvements can I expect after install?
Old 01-18-2003, 02:49 PM   #2
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

What shot size will you be running? That will determine your performance gains.

Depending on the size of the shot, you may want to add an adjustable fuel pressure regulator & gauge. Ignition items are good to look into as well, but not neccessary for small shot sizes.
Old 01-19-2003, 04:15 PM   #3
Gary

I will be starting with a 35 shot & work my way up. Thanks for the tips. I have done some research on nitrous, but have heard some of the horror stories about people blowing up thier motors. I'm just a little gun shy right now, so I'm wondering what the biggest shot I can put in with out blowing up a stock motor. Thanks for the advice.
Old 01-19-2003, 04:42 PM   #4
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

35 shot will be fine with stock components. You shouldn't even need to swap to colder plugs. You can though just to be safe.

On you 3.0L you should be able to run up to 75 shot. Of course once you get daring enough to hit 75, you'll want to upgrade some components.

What all have you purchased so far?

Good luck and happy spraying.