::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2002, 12:49 PM   #1
cUsToM95CiViC

what to do next with my baby????

I have a 95' Civic ex , the motors BONESTOCK but i neeeeeed more power! So far ive painted it a custom orange, shaved the door handles, bodymolding, antenna, and emblems. I presently have Ractive Adjustable coilovers installed, but im not to happy with them due to the "BOUNCY" ride quality. I had just ordered the BATTLE Z front bumper, BUDDY CLUB side skirts and rear, and a pair of Z3 fenders. I am thinking about a GSR swap or maybe a INTEGRA TYPE R swap if thats possible, but i pretty much wanna go SHOW and GO all at the same time! My question is what Brands should i look into buying when it comes to intake, intake maifold, exhaust, headers, turbo....etc. any info would be great thanks
JoHn
NeWjErZeE
Old 01-16-2002, 12:56 PM   #2
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Welcome to HS. As far as power gainers go, it would help us a little to know how much you are willing to spend. If you have the money, I'd go FI. If not, start with the basic bolt ons, I/H/E. AEM makes a great intake, and I think that would be a good place to start. If you are interested in a turbo, I'll let the turbo guys handle that one

Sounds like you have a great car. Any pictures?

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 12:57 PM   #3
Badcar22

Re: what to do next with my baby????

Quote:
Originally posted by cUsToM95CiViC
I have a 95' Civic ex , the motors BONESTOCK but i neeeeeed more power! So far ive painted it a custom orange, shaved the door handles, bodymolding, antenna, and emblems. I presently have Ractive Adjustable coilovers installed, but im not to happy with them due to the "BOUNCY" ride quality. I had just ordered the BATTLE Z front bumper, BUDDY CLUB side skirts and rear, and a pair of Z3 fenders. I am thinking about a GSR swap or maybe a INTEGRA TYPE R swap if thats possible, but i pretty much wanna go SHOW and GO all at the same time! My question is what Brands should i look into buying when it comes to intake, intake maifold, exhaust, headers, turbo....etc. any info would be great thanks
JoHn
NeWjErZeE

i say for intake AEM cold air,exaust i say greddy or apexi,greddy,turbo im not sure who all make tubos for your car sorry this is the best i can do now
Old 01-16-2002, 01:18 PM   #4
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

If you dont mind spending the money, Id say do a B18B swap and get a Drag Turbo kit.. This will give you great power to start with, then you can build your internals turn up the boost and make even more power. If your serious about GO then I suggest you look at the Turbo for sure. Do some 2.25 or 2.5 inch exhaust, clutch, fuel, ignition, some Dyno time, Gauges, etc..

Thats my .02c anyway..
Old 01-16-2002, 02:22 PM   #5
slowEJ6

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
If your serious about GO then I suggest you look at the Turbo for sure. Do some 2.25 or 2.5 inch exhaust, clutch, fuel, ignition, some Dyno time, Gauges, etc..

Thats my .02c anyway..
if you are going turbo i wouldnt settle for anything less than 2.5" in piping diameter. with an LS and the fact it can handle a good 13psi with the proper fuel management and tuning, id go with 2.75" piping.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 02:39 PM   #6
cUsToM95CiViC

o yea, i do have pic email me at sadiyis711@aol.com ill show ya

thanks for the info

john
Old 01-16-2002, 02:42 PM   #7
cUsToM95CiViC

o buy the way, MONEY IS NO OBJECT!! lol nah but seriously imma get what i want regaurdless the price or THE TICKETS lol
Old 01-16-2002, 02:50 PM   #8
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by hybrid3do0rcx
if you are going turbo i wouldnt settle for anything less than 2.5" in piping diameter. with an LS and the fact it can handle a good 13psi with the proper fuel management and tuning, id go with 2.75" piping.

In that case... Just get the Thermal Turbo System exhaust with 3 inches.. Im just playin, unless you do some serious boosting..
Old 01-16-2002, 03:03 PM   #9
cUsToM95CiViC

another question

i was wondering.....will a ACURA INTEGRA TYPE R ENGINE fit in a 95 civic ex or is the best i can do is a GSR?
Old 01-16-2002, 04:31 PM   #10
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Re: another question

Quote:
i was wondering.....will a ACURA INTEGRA TYPE R ENGINE fit in a 95 civic ex or is the best i can do is a GSR?

Its practically the same motor, just a little different internals along with a couple other things.. I say for the price get the GSR motor. Plus the GSR will handle turbo better then the TypeR will because the TypeR has such high compression..
Old 01-17-2002, 10:05 AM   #11
cUsToM95CiViC

the engine is bone stock right now, with 68k on it do you think it you think it's worth the loot to just work it and dress it up?[
Old 01-17-2002, 10:34 AM   #12
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
the engine is bone stock right now, with 68k on it do you think it you think it's worth the loot to just work it and dress it up?[

It maybe.. I guess my question is, performance wise what kinda power gains are you wanting.. Thats about the biggest question. If you just want a quick street/show car.. Then just keep that motor and do like a turbo or something.. Your motor also has plenty of potential if you decide to utilize it..