Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2002, 06:04 PM   #1
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

CEL Trick???

Ok, I got my new O2 sensor in the civic, I reset the ECU and the damn check engine light keeps coming back on.. How do you do the trick where you get the CEL to flash the code, can anyone tell me? please be as specific as possible...

The O2 sensor is the right one, everything plug up just fine, it was the Bosch OE replacement. I dont know if that is the only problem or if theres another one.. thats why I need to find out what the code is that the ECU is giving.
Old 01-13-2002, 10:39 AM   #2
slowEJ6

http://www.c-speedracing.com/faq/06.html
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2002, 12:44 PM   #3
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by hybrid3do0rcx
http://www.c-speedracing.com/faq/06.html

Well where were you yesterday!!! :P

Im just messing with you. I figured it out. I also put together some "How to" procedures in the Step by Step forum.

Thanks for the link tho. It was exactly what I was looking for.
Old 01-13-2002, 04:52 PM   #4
slowEJ6

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice

Well where were you yesterday!!! :P

Im just messing with you. I figured it out. I also put together some "How to" procedures in the Step by Step forum.

Thanks for the link tho. It was exactly what I was looking for.
hehe i was installing my sub :P otherwise i would have informed you earlier
what code were you throwing?
Old 01-14-2002, 09:26 AM   #5
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
hehe i was installing my sub :P otherwise i would have informed you earlier
what code were you throwing?

Let me start at the begining for you..

One my way to work about a week ago, I hit a huge chunk of Ice, as soon as I hit it, my CEL came on. I knew exactly what it was. It was my primary O2 sensor. When I crawled under the car to plug it back in I found out the the connector that plugs the O2 sensor into the O2 sensor extension for my header was gone, I had ripped it off when I hit the chunk of Ice and there was no saving it. So I bought a whole brand new Bosch O2 sensor, I even got the OE replacement hoping that it would be even easier then having to mess with the univeral O2 sensor. Well, I pluged the new O2 sensor in, Reset my ECU, turned on the car.. And guess what.. The damn CEL comes back on again!! So when I check it its still throwing out error 41, which is my primary O2 sensor, the one that I replaced! So, Napa is going to get another O2 sensor, hopefully that one was faulty.. I also got my Dads ohmmeter, Im going to check the continuity of the O2 sensor Extension, it looks fine by the human eye but that doesnt always mean anything. Im hoping its not that.. but Ill find out tonight.

Let me know if you have anyother ideas.. cause right now.. Im about out of them.
Old 01-14-2002, 10:56 AM   #6
slowEJ6

im soi (sh!t outta ideas) about what else it could be if the sensor isnt faulty. ill cross my fingers for ya that thats whats wrong....otherwise it seems like its gonna be a pain in the ass trying to figure it out. but ill still try and help since i have quite a few means of looking things up and such. i can actually ask a friend of mine that works @ honda....he knows all his shiet. lemme know if the new sensor solves the problem, if not ill ask him whats up asap.
Old 01-14-2002, 11:12 AM   #7
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
im soi (sh!t outta ideas) about what else it could be if the sensor isnt faulty. ill cross my fingers for ya that thats whats wrong....otherwise it seems like its gonna be a pain in the ass trying to figure it out. but ill still try and help since i have quite a few means of looking things up and such. i can actually ask a friend of mine that works @ honda....he knows all his shiet. lemme know if the new sensor solves the problem, if not ill ask him whats up asap.

Thanks man.. Tomorrow I should be getting the new Sensor, So Ill let you know what happens... That CEL is annoying a heLL!!
Old 01-14-2002, 08:09 PM   #8
thermal
Banning Machine

RR, thanks for your input on the "step by step" forum.....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 08:13 PM   #9
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by thermalfi'd16
RR, thanks for your input on the "step by step" forum.....

No problem man.. Ive been wanting to do a couple of them but havent had any luck yet.. Hopefully Ill be adding a couple more soon.. With pics this time.
Old 01-16-2002, 06:34 PM   #10
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:

Well Hybrid.... the new O2 snesor didnt work either.. The O2 sensor extension had continuity through all the pins, and the damn CEL still comes on.. See if you can dig anything up PLEASE!!!