Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2002, 12:23 PM   #1
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Good aftermarket pedals

Does anyone know of any good aftermarket pedals that fit on the Civics gas pedal? Ive had some cheaper ones but the cheap pedals dont fit for crap. Im wanting to get some to bring the pedals closer together for Heel and Toe driving..
Old 01-25-2002, 12:34 PM   #2
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

I can't heel-toe in my car as it is because the pedals are a little too offset for me. I previously was looking at the momo pedals (the ones you don't have to drill with I think). Though they are a little expensive, they seem to be well made. I'm not sure how they fit the actual pedals though.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 12:51 PM   #3
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

The ones I had, had the piece that wraps around the back of the pedal, the way the civic's gas pedal was made it wouldnt wrap around correctly..
Old 01-25-2002, 12:58 PM   #4
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
The ones I had, had the piece that wraps around the back of the pedal, the way the civic's gas pedal was made it wouldnt wrap around correctly..

Oh ok, so are you willing to get the kind where you have to drill through your stock pedals? The MOMO ones might not fit correctly.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 06:25 PM   #5
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

Re: Good aftermarket pedals

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
Does anyone know of any good aftermarket pedals that fit on the Civics gas pedal? Ive had some cheaper ones but the cheap pedals dont fit for crap. Im wanting to get some to bring the pedals closer together for Heel and Toe driving..
OMG, bro! How close do you want them to be? Stock CiViC pedals are one of the best heel/toe setups made. It's almost impossible to get your toe caught under a Honda CiViC brake pedal.

Be that as it may, IMO there is only one pedal set worth owning; the MOMO Super Turisimo. They're 40-55 bones, require some drilling, and come in red/blue/yellow/black accented aluminum or just plain cast. If you can't heel/toe with these beauties you might as well hang it up.

If that's too rich for your blood, Sparco makes a couple of V decent pedal sets. Sparco Carbons or Sparco Casts will do the trick. They're used by several top touring teams. They'll set you back 30-40 bones, depending on which model you buy. They require drilling and come in colors too.

Personally, I'd go the MOMO route. They'll both work for you, but there's no snob appeal with the Sparcos, you know?

Here's the URL for Euro Sport's MOMO pedal page (pics):

http://www.evici.com/load/?pedals.htm

Here's the URL for Rod Millen's Sparco page (no pics). They sell matching 'dead pedals' too:

http://www.rodmillenstore.com/sparco/price.htm

I'd find some Sparco pics, but I don't wanna. I'm an "ass", remember...
DISCLAIMER The existence of BDC is disputable. The existence of views, in the absence
of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise
in the second order coefficient.

Last edited by BlackDeuceCoupe : 01-25-2002 at 06:32 PM.
BlackDeuceCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 09:13 PM   #6
slowEJ6

the Sparco CF pedals BDC is speaking of ARE awesome. i like them better than my Razo CF units and i will be picking myself up a set from Titan Motorsports when i get my car back in about 3 weeks. they truly are beautiful pedals
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 10:52 PM   #7
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

Quote:
Originally posted by hybrid3do0rcx
the Sparco CF pedals BDC is speaking of ARE awesome. i like them better than my Razo CF units and i will be picking myself up a set from Titan Motorsports when i get my car back in about 3 weeks. they truly are beautiful pedals
Oh, alright, I'll post one Sparco pic, but that's it. Don't encourage Racing Rice to go the 'wrong' way...
Go MOMO, bro...
DISCLAIMER The existence of BDC is disputable. The existence of views, in the absence
of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise

Last edited by BlackDeuceCoupe : 01-26-2002 at 12:31 PM.
Old 01-26-2002, 12:21 AM   #8
BrandonClaps

just to let u know, most people don't actually HEEL TOE, they put there edge of there foot on the brake and blip the throttle with the outside edge of there foot. I got a size 15 shoe so actually heel to toeing is impossible, and i can't even do the side blip cause it's far apart.
Old 01-26-2002, 02:16 AM   #9
Sivik

I know what heel/toe driving, but what is the purpose of it?

My Car

My Car is for sale
Sivik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 10:58 AM   #10
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

Quote:
Originally posted by Sivik
I know what heel/toe driving, but what is the purpose of it?
Well, it has a couple of purposes. The only time I heel/toe is when I'm accelerating from a stop on hills. Others use it for rev-matching during downshifts, particularly in corners. That's why you see it referred to as heel/toe shifting many times. Still others use it to load the suspension while cornering. Whatever...

I prefer to simply 'double-clutch' when rev-matching, even in corners. I double-clutch/downshift coming into a turn, wait to brake as long as possible, then downshift again [if necessary] and accelerate as soon as possible exiting the turn. This isn't a theory, but a real-world technique. Mind you, I raced cars, motorcycles and ATV's for years. I did a lot of passing in turns, scaring the sh!t out of corner crews and spectators standing by the fences. That was my favorite thing about racing on a track; watching ppl scatter. That's one of the joys that are lost when you desert race...

I use inertia, braking, steering, throttle and suspension loading to get in-'n-out of a corner as quickly as possible, but seldom use the throttle while braking [in a car]. Why? Heel/toeing is V tricky. Your heel is normally 'planted' on the floor and you actually use the ball of your foot on the brake and the side of your foot on the throttle. With some practise you can rev-match while breaking. That is, you can be brake in a turn, blip the throttle and downshift without increasing or decreasing pressure on the brakes. That's the REAL trick.

Personally, I think this is a dangerous game to play on the street. If your foot slips under the brake pedal in a turn on a race track, you'll over-shoot the corner on go into the Armco/hay bails. If you do it on a parkway you're probably going to cause a multi-car pile up.

Anyway, each to his own...

Last edited by BlackDeuceCoupe : 01-26-2002 at 11:02 AM.
Old 01-26-2002, 11:12 AM   #11
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Thats BDC [ass] I appreciate it.. Ill check both of them out.

Edit: I have seen the momo pedals and I really do like them. Especially the ones with the rubber.. Nother worse the trying to drive with wet feet and your foot slips off the pedals..