Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2006, 03:42 AM   #1
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

What to do...

Alright...so I bought this DVD off of ebay, right? I got kind of annoyed because it took longer than I'd anticipated for it to get here (a little over 2 weeks). Even though it came from Canada, I've bought stuff from Canada before and had it in a week or less. I open the thing up and the disc is fucked. There's some sort of stuff on the bottom that gives it trouble playing until it just freezes up completely. Try as I might, I can't clean it off. So I sent a message to the guy who sold it advising him of the problem. This was a couple days ago and I haven't heard anything. So...how long do I wait before ripping him a new one and contacting ebay if he doesn't answer (I'm guessing he won't because I sent him a message about a week after the auction ended that he never responded to)? I mean...I'm annoyed, but if the guy's willing to work with me I don't wanna jump the gun.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 04:17 AM   #2
IALuder

fuck him alert ebay of fualty product.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 11:48 AM   #3
dabouncerx24

I went through a similar problem just a few weeks ago...the seller lives in Irvine, CA, it will take about 3 days to ship his item to me in San Francisco. After a week and a half of payment that asshole still didn't send the item, I complained to Paypal/Ebay and he sent it right away. He even upgraded the shipping service, I got it 2 days after.

You can start complaining to Ebay after 10 days of the purchase. Just go to your dispute console and read the instructions. I say, rip his ass now.

Last edited by dabouncerx24 : 08-16-2006 at 11:51 AM.
dabouncerx24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 12:34 PM   #4
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

I used to be all about jumping the gun man however, I've learned my lesson, and not on ebay. In real life. However to take a DVD two weeks to get to you is a little redicilious. Question though. Did it get held up at customs for a bit? My shoes did that I just ordered. So that's your call. As far as the scratches go. I'd advise whoever you need to, to get a working dvd.
Was their scratches on the dvd in the auction?

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 03:19 PM   #5
Robert
R-Tard

No point taking out your anger on him, there might be things you dont know about; like a death in the family.

You could come off as just as much a jerk as you think he is.

My advice, file a dispute and look for a refund. Then never buy form him again.

I just bought ink for my print from someone about an hour away from me last thursday. I got it today. Very poor service, and now the ink system doesn't even work.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 04:49 PM   #6
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwikR6
I used to be all about jumping the gun man however, I've learned my lesson, and not on ebay. In real life. However to take a DVD two weeks to get to you is a little redicilious. Question though. Did it get held up at customs for a bit? My shoes did that I just ordered. So that's your call. As far as the scratches go. I'd advise whoever you need to, to get a working dvd.
Was their scratches on the dvd in the auction?

No telling if it got held up at customs...but even if it did and he'd shipped in a timely fashion, it shouldn't have taken that long. Hell...I bought another DVD on Saturday and it came today. Sure, the guy lives in Brooklyn, but 5 days (including a Sunday) is pretty fucking good. And no Derek...it was advertised an "new in box"...and it's not scratched. There's just this...stuff on it. Tiny little bumps or something. I'll give him another day or two to respond.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 08-16-2006, 06:58 PM   #7
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT40FIED
No telling if it got held up at customs...but even if it did and he'd shipped in a timely fashion, it shouldn't have taken that long. Hell...I bought another DVD on Saturday and it came today. Sure, the guy lives in Brooklyn, but 5 days (including a Sunday) is pretty fucking good. And no Derek...it was advertised an "new in box"...and it's not scratched. There's just this...stuff on it. Tiny little bumps or something. I'll give him another day or two to respond.
If it was advertised as new. And it's f'd get your money back.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 04:36 AM   #8
Kalvin

I wonder what's with the Canada to US mail slowness lately. I had a check coming from Canada and it took exactly a whole month from the postmarked date to get here.

In your case GT40FIED, I bet the customs official took it home to watch it a couple times first being putting it through. If you emailed the guy and he hasn't replied back in a week, I would start complaining to ebay/paypal.
Kalvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 05:19 AM   #9
Gone

Agreed with Kalvin.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:38 AM   #10
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvin
I wonder what's with the Canada to US mail slowness lately. I had a check coming from Canada and it took exactly a whole month from the postmarked date to get here.

In your case GT40FIED, I bet the customs official took it home to watch it a couple times first being putting it through. If you emailed the guy and he hasn't replied back in a week, I would start complaining to ebay/paypal.

Haha...that would figure. I actually got a reply from him today. Well...sort of. I detailed the problem in my message to him but all I got back was some crap about making sure my DVD player will play this or that. My DVD player will play a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. NTSC or PAL, doesn't matter. As long as it's region 1 or 0, I can play it (or I can make it region free with DVD Decrypter). Now I'm just plain annoyed.

Old 08-17-2006, 12:53 PM   #11
dabouncerx24

Dispute console...open up a Paypal dispute...
dabouncerx24 is offline   Reply With Quote