::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2004, 03:48 PM   #1
soundspeed

2006 Civic Coupe

Ok, I have some interesting news. A friend of mine that works at honda told me that the 2006 civic coupe will be powered with a k-series motor and will make 210hp. The guys from new model were in ohio test driving it and they said that the car is going to be the next big thing. It supposed to have great styling and now added performance. I have no clue what it looks like, and new model guys aren't saying too much about it, but if I find out more about it I will post it. Cheers.

The Only Replacement For Displacement...Is Technology
soundspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 03:52 PM   #2
ShEaNy

Sounds interesting..ya i wanna see pics of the new style...my freind just bought a ...2004 civic SE..its pretty nice..210 horse wow thats alot for a civic
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 08:07 PM   #3
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

Yeah? I doubt it.
Honda America doesnt believe in a fast civic. They want it to maintain a "civic" appearance and function. Its not their fault that we do what we do...personally, I think they hate it.

But, even if they do drop a K into a coupe, it will never be the a3 thats in the rsx-s. It'll be the k20a2 thats in the ep3.

Havent we already had a thread on this? Besideds the one showing the new hatch, I mean.
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 11:56 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

if you ask me honda is really taking notice from nissan and subaru. well they have to in order to keep their sales up. and i think the current styling of honda is almost a thing of the past. i am sure they will follow the lines more of the acura brand

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 01:05 AM   #5
pdiggitydogg

but you cant deny that the new rsx front looks more like a civic than ever.
I honestly dont know if I'll buy any honda after I put the current one to death. I can see buying another ek, and maybe a Kseries...but thats all. At the very MOST, I'll get an rsx-s of the first generation because of the styling.

But, its more likely that I'll get something thats staying more true to their roots...honda isnt doing that anymore.
Old 11-27-2004, 01:14 AM   #6
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

Quote:
Originally posted by pdiggitydogg
Yeah? I doubt it...

Yep, me too!

The master plan for Honda Motor Company is to steer the aging U.S. Honda CiViC community towards Acura. That's where all the action has been, for the last 3-4 years. This is NOT my opinion. It's a fact...
DISCLAIMER The existence of BDC is disputable. The existence of views, in the absence
of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise
in the second order coefficient.
BlackDeuceCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 01:15 AM   #7
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

Quote:
but you cant deny that the new rsx front looks more like a civic than ever...

Bingo!
DISCLAIMER The existence of BDC is disputable. The existence of views, in the absence
of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise
Old 11-27-2004, 06:49 PM   #8
JDMFantasy2k

Quote:
Yeah? I doubt it.
Honda America doesnt believe in a fast civic. They want it to maintain a "civic" appearance and function. Its not their fault that we do what we do...personally, I think they hate it.

But, even if they do drop a K into a coupe, it will never be the a3 thats in the rsx-s. It'll be the k20a2 thats in the ep3.

Havent we already had a thread on this? Besideds the one showing the new hatch, I mean.

not to be picky but i think it's the k20a2 in the type s and the k20a3 that goes into everything else including the Si
Old 11-27-2004, 06:54 PM   #9
pdiggitydogg

eh youre right
I never seem to care too much about the k
Old 11-27-2004, 07:58 PM   #10
MissJDM

I agree with Pat, for the most part. I can't picture a civic with a k20a3 stock. After seeing the ep3 [with all of the raves] I was dissapointed. We already had that thread though..so no more bitching. IMO, Honda America is keeping the civic as a "low" economy car.. I just figurd if they want change, why didnt they do it last time? Some people said "because they have competition now" but that's not entirely true because back then they already had the RSXs too. I dunno. But yeah..keep us posted.

BTW. Yay @ k20a3

you say it best when you say nothing at all
MissJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 12:22 AM   #11
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

Quote:
Originally posted by MissJDM
...IMO, Honda America is keeping the civic as a "low" economy car...
Exactly right!

CiViC's, these days, are made for blue-haired old ladies, and/or to be used as a backup vehicle, when the SUV/MPV isn't available.

Honda is very clear on this!
Old 11-28-2004, 05:47 AM   #12
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
if you ask me honda is really taking notice from nissan and subaru. well they have to in order to keep their sales up. and i think the current styling of honda is almost a thing of the past. i am sure they will follow the lines more of the acura brand

I think honda is watching Toyota(the worlds 2nd largest auto maker) WAY more than nissan or subaru. If so, there's not going to be a civic w/ an rsx-s engine.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 12:48 PM   #13
thermal
Banning Machine

Honda is starting to suck ass....... let's face it. It's getting expensive. It has less power than its counterparts. The HB looks like a Focus.... shit, there are a few cars out there cheaper than the EP3 than is more powerful on stock form. There has always been rumors about these fast stock civic coming to U.S. since I started modifying hondas. There was even a rumor of the CTR coming to U.S. soil. If this 210 hp civic ever becomes available in USDM, I might get it. As long as it is not on the HB look. No offense intended to those people who has an EP3......

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 08:57 PM   #14
MissJDM

I always figured we wouldn't get the CTR because it would make the rest of the civic line up drop sales. Then again..we do have the ITR/ yet the Integras only came in LS.RS.GSR etc whereas there are so many different trim Civics as well as body styles. I guess this isn't making sense.. bottom line, i don't think we'll get the ITR nor a stock 185hp+ civic.

Edit: Actually, I would be more enthused and optomistic..but I think it was the ep3 that crushed all hope I had.

Last edited by MissJDM : 11-28-2004 at 09:15 PM.
Old 11-28-2004, 09:50 PM   #15
thermal
Banning Machine

Quote:
Originally posted by MissJDM
..... bottom line, i don't think we'll get the ITR nor a stock 185hp+ civic.

Edit: Actually, I would be more enthused and optomistic..but I think it was the ep3 that crushed all hope I had.

my thoughts exactly.....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 11-28-2004, 10:02 PM   #16
MissJDM

I meant to say I don't think we'll get the CTR let alone a..etcetc.

Old 11-28-2004, 10:09 PM   #17
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

Quote:
Originally posted by thermalfi'd16
Honda is starting to suck ass....... let's face it. It's getting expensive. It has less power than its counterparts. The HB looks like a Focus...

I can't disagree with you on that, bro, but all is not lost...

Look, here's the way I read the situation: Honda inadvertently created the whole hot import street scene with the Honda CiViC. They didn't do this on purpose. It just happened.

Everything was fine until they decided to go the 'Global Compact Platform' route, and build CiViC's on the same chassis as trucks, vans, SUV's, 4x4's and so forth.

The 'new' CiViC has been completely ignored by the tuning community, and it's not gonna get any better with the 'new' 2006 redesign. It's gonna get worse.

Let's face it - the Honda CiViC died in 2001. That's the bad news...

Now for the good news (maybe). IMHO Honda pulled another rabbit out of their hat - this time it's the Honda Fit aka Jazz...

To my way of thinking, if Honda plays their cards right, they've got another winner on their hands!

Time will tell...
Old 11-28-2004, 10:12 PM   #18
pdiggitydogg

The FIT does show promise...though its a box on wheels.
We'll have to wait and see...

BDC, do you have any specs on it (other than what you just listed)? Chassis/suspension?
Old 11-28-2004, 10:18 PM   #19
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

Here's an article from Honda Tuning Magazine...

Quote:
The Right Fit

By Taro Koki

The Fit with its more well-known sibling.
The Honda Fit outsold the Toyota Corolla in Japan last year to take the coveted "Best-Selling Car" title. Thanks to Spoon Sports, the Fit is also a candidate for "Cheapest and Most Likely to Kick Ass in a Japanese Enduro" crown. Best Motoring International's Taro Koki queries Spoon prez Ichishima-san.

Spoon president Tatsuru Ichishima is actually the kind of the guy who throws you off guard whenever you think you understand him. It scares me to imagine what it's like for non-Japanese-speaking folks to even have conversations with him. It's not rare for me to walk out of meetings with him and have no idea what went on for the last 90 minutes. And I'm fluent in Japanese!

I actually think it's one of his ploys to cover up his image in a mysterious cape so you never know what's really going on inside Spoon. Then again, how dull would Spoon be if everything were laid out in front of us for all to see?

The whole idea of Spoon fixing up the Honda Fit (aka the Honda Jazz in certain areas of the world) was another one of those "Huh?" things that Ichishima-san threw at me from way out there. The Spoon Sports I know doesn't modify grocery-getters. It mods up real racers like the Type-R and S2000. It's Spoon, one of the baddest, hardcore Honda tuners in Japan! Its yellow/blue Civics eat Toyota MR-Ss for breakfast. Its S2Ks rule the Super Taikyu Series. What's the deal? Why the Fit? Only one way to find out.

Honda Tuning: Why customize the Fit?

Tatsuru Ichishima: Mass production models made by car manufacturers are largely divided into two types; the first type being the multi-cylinder, high-emissions, high power value-added automobile, and the latter being the environment-friendly, low-emission, fuel-efficient compact car. Spoon believes the Fit has high potential in becoming a sports car that can contend in endurance races. What Spoon does best is take mass production compact cars and turn them into touring car racers. In this case, we were able to prepare a five-speed manual transmission, new limited slip and a suspension system in a short period of time to make this happen.

HT: What kind of performance potential does this car have?

TI: Unlimited potential! First of all, the base car comes very cheap, so it makes it relatively easy for shops, tuners and racing fans to compete and race with this car. The tires and wheels are small, so they're easy to replace cheaply. Being small and light is an advantage when racing. For example, stripping a 55-pound A/C unit from a Fit that only weighs a ton will award more positive results than just doing the same to a heavy NSX. The Fit is a fun and cheap car to tune.

HT: What are the strengths and weaknesses of the factory Fit?

TI: The Fit is very stable and extremely easy to control. This makes it simple for us to tune. The weakness would be its lack of power. But a simple engine swap could solve that problem.

HT: Will the Fit become one of Honda's best-loved cult cars like the CRX?

TI: I believe so. It won't be hard not to recognize the raw potential of the car. It will also become the ultimate poor man's racer.

Spoon prez Ichishima prepares to flog the Fit.
HT: What was the Fit's stock horsepower and what is it now after the Spoon upgrades?

TI: The stock 1500cc engine has 110 hp. We're still testing now, but we have achieved 125 hp already.

HT: How has this car performed in testing? What exceeded expectations?

TI: At Motegi circuit last weekend, our Fit ran for three hours on 40 liters of gasoline and finished with the same time as a stock NSX. It wasn't necessary to replace any parts after the race. [It] proved its high endurance capabilities. The secret to the success is its great mileage and modest tire wear. We're very satisfied with the results. Our next scheduled race is a seven-hour endurance race at Motegi again. We hope to win this one.

HT: What are the Fit's limitations and what can be done to improve on them?

TI: Basically, modifying the Fit and the Civic are the same. We know that smaller and lighter cars are faster. The only limitation the Fit has is power, so I would like to install a K-type 220-hp engine and see how that goes.

HT: Do you think a car like the Fit would sell in the States?

TI: I don't know if the Fit would sell in the States.

HT: Why did this car outsell the Toyota Corolla? Why was it Japan's most popular compact car last year?

TI: I'm not so sure why it was Japan's most popular compact car and frankly, Spoon is not concerned about the competition with the Corolla. Where did all those sales numbers come from anyway? (The Asahi News, actually. -DF)

SPECS
Wheel: Spoon 388.6, 5x15-inch
Tire: Yokohama/ADVAN 185/50-15
Suspension: Spoon dampers
Engine: 1.5-liter VTEC L15A
SOURCE: http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/f...08ht_spoonfit/
Old 11-28-2004, 10:19 PM   #20
thermal
Banning Machine

wow, I didnt know the FIT could possibly come to USDM land. Good find BDC.....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 11-28-2004, 10:29 PM   #21
pdiggitydogg

Well, Im sold...the more I stare at it, I like it!
I had no idea that it may be coming here.

I could easily see myself w/ this strange looking thing.
I assume the Kseries is a straight bolt-in for it too...hmmm

edit**holy crap, it comes in pink and midori-ish
Old 11-28-2004, 10:33 PM   #22
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

Quote:
Originally posted by thermalfi'd16
wow, I didnt know the FIT could possibly come to USDM land. Good find BDC.....
Quote:
--- Automobile: North America

• Continue introduction of new products in the light truck category, including an all-new Odyssey (fall 2004), Honda SUT (spring 2005), and Acura brand SUV.
• Strengthen Honda’s competitive advantage in the passenger car category with an all-new Acura RL (fall 2004) and a new entry-level Honda model (2006).
• Continue to introduce vehicles with high fuel efficiency such as the Accord Hybrid (fall 2004) and all-new Odyssey equipped with Variable Cylinder Management (VCM) system.
• Increase the flexibility of Honda’s overall production capacity in North America to better meet market demand.

SOURCE: http://world.honda.com/news/2004/c040715_03.html
Old 11-28-2004, 10:35 PM   #23
MissJDM

I'm anxious. Hope it doesn't fail me this time.

Old 11-28-2004, 10:36 PM   #24
pdiggitydogg

http://www.honda.co.jp/Fit/3dview/exterior/index.html
3-D

EDIT**
http://www.mugen-power.com/topics/dy...108/index.html
Old 11-28-2004, 11:41 PM   #25
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

Found this is the Google cache...
Quote:
Honda Will Add Small Car, Truck
by: Kathy Jackson

LOS ANGELES — American Honda Motor Co. Inc. will add a small car to the Honda lineup next year and give Acura a second light truck sometime in the next two years, Executive Vice President Thomas Elliott has disclosed. Conceding a need for Honda to lure younger buyers, Elliott said the new car will be “a true entry-level car, cheaper than the Civic.” He declined to elaborate. Jeff Schuster, director of product analysis for J.D. Power and Associates, said the Honda Fit is on his company’s latest forecast for sale in the United States. “I have it coming in mid to late ’05,” he said. The front-drive subcompact Honda Fit is sold in Japan as a four-door sedan, the Aria, and in Europe as the five-door Jazz. It is powered by gasoline engines ranging from 1.2 liters to 1.5 liters. The car is smaller than the Civic. A dealer source said that Honda executives had told him the U.S. car will be a version of the Fit. “It will be a car for young people in about the $12,000 range,” said the source. “Young people will be able to accessorize it like the Scion.” Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc., which is rolling out its Scion youth brand nationwide this year, says Scion buyers typically add more than $1,000 worth of factory-authorized accessories to their vehicles at the dealership. Elliott would not give any details about the new Acura truck but said it will be smaller than the MDX and probably would not be built in the United States. “Our percentage of truck sales is not where the market is,” Elliott said. “If you want to compete, you must be comparable to the market.” Trucks represented 53.7 percent of total U.S. vehicle sales through April 30 but only 38.9 percent of American Honda’s sales, which were about flat through the first four months of the year. Copyright 2004 Crain Communications Inc

Last Edited: 2004-05-29
SOURCE: http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache...%3D6&hl=en</a>
Old 11-29-2004, 05:45 AM   #26
AzCivic

i can't believe you all are actually excited about this thing.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:52 AM   #27
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

^for once i agree with you

Old 11-29-2004, 10:08 AM   #28
ShEaNy

LOL^^ no kidding:o
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 05:17 AM   #29
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
i can't believe you all are actually excited about this thing.

Hahaha!

Let's be realistic...

My brother (one of them) owns a VW shop. He races VW rails and all that sh!t - pretends he doesn't know anything about 'domestics', yada, yada, yada...

Another brother builds custom homes for a living, and decided to drag-race a '68 Chevelle 454. He partnered with another guy, and they took turns driving - alternating being the 'pit crew' one week and the 'race car driver' the next, before they finally figured out that didn't work. He ended up going Mopar, with a 570 C.I. '440' - an 8-sec. car - whatever...

Then, there's me - the Honda CiViC idiot. To me weight is everything. For instance, I was into 'sand rails' at one time. Anything over 600 lbs. is a loser, on the sand, et cetera. This attitude followed over to the street...

The thing I liked about CiViC's was their weight, or lack thereof. To hell with the power. Run 'em like you stole 'em, and all that. But, Honda decided to make a pig out of them in 2001. So, screw Honda CiViC's! I figured when my car wears out (110,000 miles now) I'll go looking for something else. That all changed when I read about the Honda Fit/Jazz!

I go on record as being the first person in the world to call the American version the 'Honda Fizz' (Fit/Jazz)...

I'll buy the first one I find, in 2005/2006...

If I make a ($11,000) mistake, buying the best selling car in Japan - the last two years running - that's the way it goes. But, every indication is this will be 'THE' next hot import to hit our shores. Honda is selling these 'urban' racers, all over the world, and the USA is next to get them. Personally, I can't wait...

Does that make me excited? Sure! If you guys wanna stick it out with your "69 Chevelles", have fun! I'll be glad to show you my tail lights However, the point is, CiViC's are a thing of the past...
Old 11-30-2004, 05:38 AM   #30
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

BTW, have you guys been reading about this '7-speed' CVT tranny?

It has a toggle switch on the steering wheel. You hit '+' or '-', with your thumb, and it shifts up or down a gear, just like a F1 racer.

Personally, I would never buy an automatic on a 4-cylinder car, but it's awful tempting...
Old 11-30-2004, 05:44 AM   #31
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

Here's the article on the 7-speed tranny:

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_i...898 49857S165

Please try to keep an open mind...
Old 11-30-2004, 06:14 AM   #32
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

that tranny sounds interesting, but i'll wait for it to show up on the higher models. ohh fuck it i will get a legacy gt anyway. :o

Old 11-30-2004, 07:09 AM   #33
AzCivic

so is this sequential shifting going to be like what I tried out in a Camry a few months back? accelerate, shift, pause..., accelerate. regardless, the known weakness of a CVT tranny is its inability to handle high power loads. but if your goal is low weight then it wouldnt matter.

personally, the civic is small enough imo, anything smaller becomes impractical and..embarrasing. thats just opinion, so its not worth much.

The New BMW M5 has a sequential shift 7speed tranny mated to a 500hp v10, now thats something to get excited about.

the looks..well the coupe version looks like a chevy aveo if that says anything. the HB resembles a tiny little Matrix.

all that aside, a 1.5ltr engine powering a tiny car. scion(toyota)?????
Old 11-30-2004, 07:11 PM   #34
pdiggitydogg

bah
Its cheap and a k bolts in...its the new civic
Old 12-01-2004, 03:14 AM   #35
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

Quote:
bah
Its cheap and a k bolts in...its the new civic
Heh!

Here you go - JDM Mugen Fit Dynamite (K20A Type-R, 260 HP / 8800 RPM)

http://www.mugen-power.com/topics/dy...108/index.html
Old 12-01-2004, 08:15 AM   #36
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

^looks like someone riced out the family minivan:o

Old 12-01-2004, 08:40 PM   #37
pdiggitydogg

PDigg builds a Fit

I think the wheels are dumb, but need those for the moonroof option.

The customization is 1000x times better than Scions...its not ricer shit. No neons, no color panels, no shift knob crap. Its all really good stuff IMO.

Man...the more I look at it, the more I really do want one of these things (if they bring it over as "jazz" Id rip the emblem off and replace with "fit") Oh, its lighter than the ep3 by heaps and the 1.3l econobox is lighter than the eg si

Here's 1 mugen fit
Old 07-18-2006, 02:27 AM   #38
LB3DR

I believe the Honda Fit is very well structured. The only thing it lacks, is power! The stock L15a engine is good enough for daily driving and the transmission is good too! It has good acceleration throughout the whole RPM band with V-tec kicking in. But we all know that swapping an K makes it better.

Just a thought... maybe the L15a sohc could be fully built and make a boosted 300+ hp just like the D-series. In the past issue on Honda Tuning.

They should have made it 4-disc brake all around instead of having drums in the rear end.

I got mine GD3 2 months ago and I love it!

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c296/LB3DR/GF3_21.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c296/LB3DR/GF3_20.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c296/LB3DR/GF3_23.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c296/LB3DR/GF3_25.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c296/LB3DR/GF3_29.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c296/LB3DR/GF3_30.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...R/Si_Fit_5.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c296/LB3DR/GD3_5.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c296/LB3DR/GD3_10.jpg
Heres one from someone else... I forgot who
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c296/LB3DR/fit1.jpg
LB3DR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 04:55 AM   #39
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

Sweet!!!

Damn it! I need to get off my butt and get to the dealer...