Old 06-29-2004, 08:03 PM   #161
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

downshifting would help that...try 3rd
rpm's be damned
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 07:10 PM   #162
Kool-Aid

Ok...I'll try that next time...4th gear just wasn't cuttin it...
Old 07-14-2004, 05:58 AM   #163
95DX
2nd Gear

I know this might start another "war" but what would the best swap as far as na build/turbo/n2o Im thinking of swaping then going turbo &/or n2o but not sure at the molment(sp?) and was thinking what would be the best motor for all 3 options so when I decide I can go that way
95DX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 08:49 AM   #164
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

depends on how much money you want to spend
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 07:48 PM   #165
Honda_Tengoku

depends on how good u are with tools. Most people will say go with the B series. most likely a B18B. The reason why is the B18B can be found for a good price, it uses all honda mounts mounting into your car, and can be swapped easily. The B18B is good for N/A or forced induction. If u want to go N/A then u go LS VTEC. Its pretty indepth to do it right for N/A, but a built LS/VTEC can absolutely scream when built right. I have seem some very fast ones!! If u want to go forced induction well who cares about VTEC when your on boost. really. U can make very good power on an LS engine with boost. Another good thing about the B18B engine is they are good to about 300 WHP before parts start breaking! This would be most peoples reccomendation.
However if u are hardcore, can handle doing an H22 swap, the price, and an engine that sits 2 inches lower in the engine bay, and like lots of torque then the H series is for u. Right now the H22 is king for all motor. I dont care what all u little B series lovers say. U just cant beat the H22's! On boost, well they respond as well as any other engine with proper tunning. They however will only handle about 5-7 pounds of boost on stock internals. The 92-96 H22 engines are closed deck and can handle a bit more. They can roughly take about 275-300 WHP before parts start breaking. Now u say why boost an H22 when I can make 300 WHP with a B18? Well most people seem to forget torque. Torque is the most important figure for a street car IMO. That is why an H22'd 300 WHP Civic will destroy a 300 WHP B series Civic. It is not uncommon for a turbo'd H22 to make 30-50 ft pounds more torque than a B series. I have seen dyno graphs around 250 ft pounds of torque range at the wheels with H22'd Civics boosting about 7-9 pounds of boost.
The new option would be the new K series engines. They are going like wildfire and are the wave of the future. They are I think 80 pounds lighter than an H series and respond better to mods than an H series does. Definately hot stuff. The downfalls are they are very very expensive, and the aftermarket hasnt caught up yet so parts are very expensive.
Old 07-18-2004, 10:17 PM   #166
95DX
2nd Gear

the engines I was thinking of was the D16, B18, or H22, and what was $ for $ the "best deal" I would probably/most likely turbo later and seeing that Im in Cali would need to have as few hurddles(sp?) as possible for smog ie not swapping motors every 2 yrs just to pass
95DX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 03:43 PM   #167
Honda_Tengoku

Quote:
Originally posted by 95DX
the engines I was thinking of was the D16, B18, or H22, and what was $ for $ the "best deal" I would probably/most likely turbo later and seeing that Im in Cali would need to have as few hurddles(sp?) as possible for smog ie not swapping motors every 2 yrs just to pass

well I think that rules out the H22 for sure. The B series u most likely get away with it. I mean u can BS the smog people (they are morons anyways). If u want to go boost, my reccomendation is B18B on boost. The best budget boost build available IMO.