::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2003, 11:12 PM   #1
Operatic

Car Alarm Question

well, i got the bad boy in, and it works fine. but i can't figure out how to get the brake lights to flash when the alarm goes off. I got the headlights to, but can't get the brakes too. heres what i've tried so far. When i refer to "The Wire" i'm talking about the wire from the car alarm that i'm supposed to hook up to the brake lights.

-Hooking up the wire to the Brake Light Fuse inside the car
-Hooking up the wire to the Brake Light Fuse in the engine bay of the car
-Hooking up the wire to the actually wire that goes to the Brake Lights.

my last thought is to hook up to one of these 2 little wires that goes right to the brake pedel. i forget the name =/

i'm not sure if i'll get any help since i've never seen anyone use this section of the fourm, but any help will be greatfull appreciated (i know i spelt that wrong)
Old 07-25-2003, 09:39 AM   #2
BrandonClaps

it's actually supposed to goto the parking light wire... do you want it to goto the brake light wire or the parking light wire which will flash the taillights?
Old 07-25-2003, 01:56 PM   #3
Operatic

I want the wire to go to the brake light wire, so the brake lights flash like you previously stated.

Copy and paste the next line, this is what the instructions look like, ignore the text, i sent this to my brother to try to help me.

http://www.geocities.com/operatic98/gram/pat16.jpg

i'm not sure if that'll help, i just thought it'd be good for you to see what i'm sort of dealing with. I'm no wireing master, i sort of did this without a clue in the world. But hey, at least the alarm works great! i just want the brake lights to flash so i feel complete =)
Old 07-27-2003, 09:35 AM   #4
BrandonClaps

hmm ok, so u have a 97 civic dx, the brake light wire is green with a white stripe, and it's at the top of the brake pedal i believe in a 5 pin white harness. it's a positive wire so make sure the wire your using is giving out 12v and not ground ;D goodluck
Old 07-27-2003, 12:01 PM   #5
Operatic

Thanks BrandonClaps, I'll give it a try later today and i'll see how things work out! thanks again for your time, i appreciate it a lot, thanks again.
Old 07-27-2003, 01:07 PM   #6
Operatic

well, i tired it and it didn't work, thus making me wonder if i'm getting any power from that orange wire. and after checking, i got no power from it, so thats why it didn't work.... faulty wire in the main module sucks =(
Old 07-27-2003, 04:34 PM   #7
BrandonClaps

doh...... i thought u said the one for the headlights worked though? u can hook up a relay to one of those ;D make sure that orange wire isn't giving out ground, if it is u can use a relay to change the polarity
Old 07-27-2003, 09:44 PM   #8
Operatic

The wires that go to the headlights do work. I think the orange wire may just be not working. I should try to hook it up to the headlights and see if they work with the orange wire.

But I'll check to see if the orange wire is giving out ground tomorrow, its to late for me at the moment for me to rip off parts of my car to check.

Also, before i forget to ask, how do you hook up a relay? i'm no wireing master, so if you could tell me how to, that'd be great.

Hey, thanks again for your help!
Old 07-28-2003, 02:36 AM   #9
BrandonClaps

wire that goes to headlight goes to 85 ground goes to 86 12v goes to 30 and 87 goes to headlight/brakelight
Old 07-28-2003, 07:21 PM   #10
Operatic

whoa son, you just lost me with that 85, 86, 30, 87 thing.

so you want me to slap one of my headlight wires and split it between the headlight and the brake light is what you're trying to say? forgive me, i just got out of work so its kind of boggleing.
Old 07-31-2003, 02:11 AM   #11
BrandonClaps

yea basically, but you need a relay cause u may burn out the alarm if u try to run all that shit off that little wire. the relay will use that wire as a trigger and give it 12v from a reliable source. the numbers are the numbers on a relay.
Old 07-31-2003, 11:14 PM   #12
Operatic

okay i think i got it, i'll give it a whirl tomorrow morning! thanks again for your help