.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2003, 09:48 PM   #1
98AcoordBoomBox

I have no idea what's wrong, but its electrical....

Well first off i haven't been on here in a long time and i just realized that i'm an idiot and accidentally put two o's instead of two c's in accord. but with that said i installed a new optima battery today and now some stuff doesn't work. this is a 98 accord lx sedan, 4 cyl. I have the battery cables connected correctly, and I know I didn't put them on the wrong terminals at any time. When i finished installing the battery i went to see if everything worked, and now the power door locks don't work from the switch or with my alarm, the drivers side power windows work from my 4 button console on the driver's door, but the passenger side windows don't work. The passenger power windows do work, however if i use the front or rear buttons on the passenger side doors. I am baffled as to what is happening, because i checked all the fuses, including the big ones in the engine compartment i believe those are Maxi fuses, but all the fuses are good, unless i'm an idiot and don't know what a broken fuse looks like. So my question to anyone is, does this make sense to you? cause it doesn't seem like this is a logical problem, and also any ideas on what I can do next to fix this. I stopped at the local auto electric repair place too and he seemed kind of stumped, from the description also. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, sorry for the long post.
Old 03-27-2003, 10:04 PM   #2
Duckydos

Very strange.... I'll look at my Haynes manual and see if I can find anything.... I've never had this problem because... well... I have crank windows... THERE I SAID IT!
Old 03-27-2003, 10:05 PM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

that sounds weird. i still think there is a fuse gone to heaven

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 10:11 PM   #4
98AcoordBoomBox

Yeah I'm stumped....It doesn't make any sense that some would work and some wouldn't. I'm going to my friend's place in a bit to use a test light on all the circuts.. But other than that I'm gonna shoot something..haha....well thanks for the thoughts so far.
Old 03-27-2003, 10:16 PM   #5
eviljayr

any difference in the way the windows roll up? faster, slower, and thats a mess of fuses to blow for a battery change. what does work?
Old 03-27-2003, 10:49 PM   #6
98AcoordBoomBox

Quote:
any difference in the way the windows roll up? faster, slower, and thats a mess of fuses to blow for a battery change. what does work?

as far as i can tell everything works except the power door locks.....the power windows work from their own switch on each door, but only the two drivers side windows work from the 4 window switches on the driver's door. I haven't noticed that the windows go any faster now than before.
Old 03-28-2003, 12:02 AM   #7
Duckydos

It's electric, boogy woogy woo!
Old 03-28-2003, 12:12 AM   #8
ifeldwn02
3rd Gear

check with the dealer there might be some sort of reset for when the battery goes dead or something sorry about the prob dude that sucks
ifeldwn02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 02:49 AM   #9
98AcoordBoomBox

thats a good idea I'll call the dealer tomorrow and see what they think. thanks for all the help everyone. I went to my friends house and we checked all the fuses with his multimeter and they were all good, so hopefully its something with the computer that i can reset, or maybe i need to unplug my alarm?
Old 03-28-2003, 12:04 PM   #10
98AcoordBoomBox

Well I called the dealer today and we got it figured out. The dealer said the car was somehow in sleep mode because of the loss of power. So for future reference for anyone if you need to reset the car....I assume its the computer, you turn the windshield wipers on to intermitant, and turn them to half speed on the intermitant setting, then turn the key to on and it resets the car and brings it out of sleep mode or whatever was going on. Thanks again for the quick responses everyone.
Old 03-28-2003, 12:10 PM   #11
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

damn that nuts

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 10:24 PM   #12
eviljayr

holy sh|t?!?!?!, thats insane, stupid car's computer probably made by microsoft. sleep mode, perhaps someone from honda can explain: why?
Old 03-28-2003, 10:48 PM   #13
98AcoordBoomBox

yeah i'm still trying to figure out exactly what sleep mode means, and why only random things would not work when some parts do? I sometimes hate computer stuff.