::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2003, 10:55 PM   #1
davidsong

2003 accord coupe "problem"

alright this may be really stupid of me or whatevr, but ijust got the new ex coupe v6 and i'm kinda worried cuz when i first got the car last week, i thought it was a lot quieter when i started the car... i might just be too paranoid or something... but does anyone know if this happens to cars? cuz i'm pretty sure i'm not imagining it...n like already a couple of times the car wouldn't ...uhh i dunno the right word but... ignite? like n then i would have to turn the key back and do it agen..... n some times i have to hold ait a little longer n stuffff...... aghhhh some one tell me what's going on... i know zilch about cars
Old 07-22-2003, 11:07 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

and i don't have a clue what the question is, no offense :o

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 11:39 PM   #3
DumbMoFo

Ok, first off, the 2003 Accords have quiet engines, it's called modern technology.

As far as not starting correctly, I never encountered the problem. Are you starting it correctly (difficult to explain here, but turning it to start, and then letting it run). Are you trying to start it after it was sitting in Accessory mode?

Anyway, I'd suggest giving it another week to see if it is just something you need to get used too, or if there is a legitimate ignition problem, in which case, back to the dealer.

BTW, did you get the 6 speed manual, or 5 speed auto?
Old 07-23-2003, 01:14 AM   #4
BGACCORD

david, i say you are paranoid. just turn the key, dont think about how long to hold it in ignition. good luck

goober
Old 07-23-2003, 03:05 AM   #5
HndaTch627

where do you live?? I know what is wrong with your car, it prolly happens after about 20 minutes, i can tell you what to tel the dealer to look for/

jeremy
Old 07-23-2003, 04:47 AM   #6
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

share it with all

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 07:37 AM   #7
SUPERMAN

I noticed this with my 2003 sedan, takes a little more to start now and I can hear a dry rocker arm when I first start it up and its only got 4000 miles on it.

Maybe I should have taken it a lil easier on the test drive...
Old 07-24-2003, 12:46 AM   #8
davidsong

O CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT's WRONG?!??! cuz it seriously was def louder than b4 n stuff.... n i live in 818 in california
Old 07-24-2003, 12:56 AM   #9
davidsong

O AND ONE MORE THING THE KEY GET'S REALLY REALLY HOT AFTER...
Old 07-24-2003, 02:41 AM   #10
HndaTch627

okay as far as the engine noise you are nuts

as for the hard start, let it sit for 20 minutes, if it starts hard tell them you talked to another honda technician and he suggested checking the fuel pressure after the vehicle sits for 20 minutes, it is a returnless fuel system(fuel pressure regulator is in the tank). i have had a couple go bad already. also as far as the key, normal with the sidewinder keys, get used to it

superman: are you a sure it;s a rocker arm and not the purge control solenoid, they are annoying loud on the new cars.

jeremy
Old 07-24-2003, 06:52 AM   #11
SUPERMAN

purge control solenoid?

thought it was rocker cause it last for thirty seconds and will go away if I give a lil rev.

when I test drove this car, I pulled three gears of rubber out of it and tach it pretty hard, it only had 30 miles on it at the time. I know you are suppose to not do that and break an engine in for about a 1000 miles, but I didn't think I was going to take this car home at that time.
Old 07-24-2003, 01:55 PM   #12
davidsong

i wasn't sayin engine was louderer sorrrrrrry i mean the reving part where it goes like putt putt putt vrooom the putt putt putt lasts longer and is louder -___________- ne way thanks imma take to a dealer soon
Old 07-26-2003, 10:45 AM   #13
SUPERMAN

I'M A PARANOID BASTARD...

ha ha ha

I'm sure with my car it is nothing, but hey while it's under warrenty why not try and suck out everything I can from the dealership or pick apart every little noise in that fine, fine machine...