::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2003, 01:43 PM   #1
BadBowtie03

Accord Performance?

Hey guys Im having to get rid of my SS camaro b/c I am going to be in canada for a year and i cant afford it... So I am going to be getting somehig that gets good gas mileage and is decent. So I was thinkin of a 94 and up EX 2 door accord with a manual transmission... I wanted a 94-up beacause its a 145 horse version. So How fast are they in the 1/4 mile stock if you can drive? What abut 0-60? And what do they trap at in the 1/4 mile... Thanks Alot... Any other info is welcome like cheap Horsepower upgrades... or anything else about the car...
BadBowtie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 02:28 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

ohh boy accord and performance in the same sentence ????

well you could start with an intake and exhaust first. you can check my site or pm/email me for pricing on them. i am very reliable when it comes to parts and i have some good deals on stuff. i'd reccomend thermal exhausts and aem intakes.

i am looking forward to hearing from you.
Stefan

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 02:45 PM   #3
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Accords arent fast.. Only the Ex versions came with the vtec (145hp) engine..

In any case, performance wise, they are nothing more than average.. Can be made faster.. But in most cases isnt worth it...

Dont get me wrong, its a great car, very stylish!! But in terms of acceleration.. its nothing much.. Oh and with a suspension upgrade it'll handle like a dream..
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 03:49 PM   #4
A_D

hey stefan how exactly does thermal exhaust differ from traditional exhaust. i'm not sure what it is
my guess is that it regulates temperature which in turn regulates the pressure (since pressure/temperature go hand in hand) and so you have an even amount of back pressure? i have no idea
Old 06-19-2003, 07:12 PM   #5
BadBowtie03

I know they are not fast, they are a slow economical car, I know what a fast car is, but i still just wanna know in general what they will do.. Thanks
Old 06-19-2003, 09:44 PM   #6
Duckydos

I have a question. Your camero, is it an 6 speed and how many miles? I have a friend looking right now.

Expect to run low 16's on a stock EX 2 door.

And AccordMan, the 98+ V6's were SOHC VTEC putting out 200hp, thought you would want to know.

-Ducky
Old 06-19-2003, 09:46 PM   #7
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by A_D
hey stefan how exactly does thermal exhaust differ from traditional exhaust. i'm not sure what it is
my guess is that it regulates temperature which in turn regulates the pressure (since pressure/temperature go hand in hand) and so you have an even amount of back pressure? i have no idea

LOL, you just made my day and don't jold it against me after a bad day at work. thermal is a brand, actually it's called thermal r&d but it's reffered as thermal.

yeah accords anre nice and stilsh cars and with the right suspension mods they hadle like supercars.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 10:11 PM   #8
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Quote:
Originally posted by Duckydos
I have a question. Your camero, is it an 6 speed and how many miles? I have a friend looking right now.

Expect to run low 16's on a stock EX 2 door.

And AccordMan, the 98+ V6's were SOHC VTEC putting out 200hp, thought you would want to know.

-Ducky

Yes of course.. But I think he's considering the 5th gens..
If not, also take note that the 2003 V6 = 240hp.
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 10:12 PM   #9
BadBowtie03

It is an 01 SS with the Sunset orange Metallic Paint its got 21,000 miles on it, the car is REALLY Rare because they only made a couple over 250 in that color in 2001 with the manual. It has T-Tops and all the the options CD, monsoon stereo, ebony leather, Nitto Tires all around.. Its a REALLY nice car.. only mobil 1 synthetic and 93 octance amoco or other quality fuel.. I have pictures if needed..

Oh by the way low 16's in a manual car or economy car isnt that bad i was expecting worse. Thats good to hear.. Are they easy to get into the 15's with a couple mods??

Anyone else back up the low 16's comment? what mph do they trap at??

Last edited by BadBowtie03 : 06-19-2003 at 10:18 PM.
Old 06-19-2003, 10:20 PM   #10
Duckydos

Intake, headers, exhaust, and a pulley set should put you at low to mid 15s.

-Ducky
Old 06-19-2003, 10:30 PM   #11
BadBowtie03

I have a problem though i cannot stand the sound of 4 cylinders (no offense) and i dont want it real loud or anything... So would headers help at all if i didnt have an aftermarket muffler? Well I would think it would help it make a little more torque and it might open it up a little bit but i cant stand the buzzy whiiiiiinnnnnggggg sound of them.. Is there any quiet mufflers that gain any power? Or what about engine mods in general? Is there engine mods i could do so i dont have to make it be loud? Like maybe an intake,header,pulley and i dunno something else...
Old 06-20-2003, 12:40 AM   #12
Grip72

my accord handles like shyzernit...it feels like it has TONS of body roll and i dont' like taking fast corners in her, that's for sure.

Good luck with the shopping tho. But IMO, buy a mid 90's prelude with a h22a engine.
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 08:14 PM   #13
A_D

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
LOL, you just made my day and don't jold it against me after a bad day at work. thermal is a brand, actually it's called thermal r&d but it's reffered as thermal.

yeah accords anre nice and stilsh cars and with the right suspension mods they hadle like supercars.

LMFAO. here i go all scientific and shit on your ass and in reality it's just a brand name. thats hysterical. i feel like a retard