::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2003, 10:04 PM   #1
SLP 01 WS6

Just raced a Z06 vette...

tonight me and my girl were bered and she suggested we go look for a little bit of fun. so we went driving around went throught some empty parking lots doing donuts etc. on our way out of a newly laid lot i see a black Z06 cruising by. so i pulled out slowly and as soon as i got out i laid it down, bucked a little bit sideways then came straight and came up behind him. ahead i saw that the light had just turned red so i pull up along side him. he was an older guy maybe in his 40's and i rarely see anyone in a vette that actually wants to run so i didn't throw a rev or anything. then all of the sudden he rolls down the window and askes me if i think i have a chance, then revs up. it took me a second to process what he just said ::thinking "a vette actually wants to run?" so i tell him sure. then he askes me what i have done i just gave him a little "hmm" and told him i'll tell him after we go. so he throws another rev at me, so i hit the cut-out and reply with a nice 5k rev. i look over at the light and see it's turning yell so i let her come back down and hold her at 1500. our light goes green and we both slam it almosy simultaniously. i had a 1/2 car lead through 3/4ths of 1st then dropped her to 2nd i heard him churping next to me. went to about a 2 1/4 car and slapped to third. after that i pulled away to a 5-6 car lead. i shut her down at about 95 and slowed down. he pulled up next to me and gave me a thumbs up. he pulls over to a wal-mart parking lot and we both got out looked at each others cars and shot the shit for a while. i was supprised to see that a vette owner actually ran. something you don't usually see on the street. cool guy, i invited him to the corner next week. maybe he'll get a second chance.
Old 06-28-2003, 10:35 PM   #2
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

thank you for taking down one of those things...i HATE corvettes
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 11:10 PM   #3
SLP 01 WS6

i just don't understand the mindset of vette owners, vipers, and 03 cobras... they never want to run for some reason...
Old 06-28-2003, 11:36 PM   #4
Wren57

I dont either. I know my Z isnt as fast as any of those above, but Im a pretty good driver and might have a shot at one if driven poorly. side note: somehow I raced an auto ws6 and only lost by 1 car, then two nights later raced an auto 1997 transam and won by like 2 cars... crazy...
Old 06-29-2003, 06:52 PM   #5
SVT Cobra

SLP, you're car is nuts. that's exactly what I'm looking to buy. just waitin on sellin the WRX... too bad i wrecked it last week
Old 06-29-2003, 08:55 PM   #6
sohc_vtec 2NR

SVT Cobra how many cars have you totalled?
Old 06-29-2003, 10:56 PM   #7
SLP 01 WS6

i'm looking to get an ATI procharger supercharger for my next mod. a ProCharger D-1SC Serpentine Race Supercharger Kit w/ Twin High-Flow Intercoolers to be exact. 5k for the kit runs 8+ psi. i'm almost there... 2 more months....
Old 06-29-2003, 11:02 PM   #8
Wren57

dang SVT, totalled another car... whats your insurance like for these high-performance cars?

as for the procharger, sheesh thats gonna be crazy fast. what do you run now, low 11s? why you only running 285s on 11" rims? you should up it to 315s...
Old 06-30-2003, 12:07 AM   #9
Kyle
elyK

he didn't say he totaled the car...he could of just got into a mild wreck...

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 05:05 AM   #10
SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyle
he didn't say he totaled the car...he could of just got into a mild wreck...

yea........ I didn't report this one to insurance. I'm an asshole. I was sooooo drunk and got in a fight with the girl I've been seein on and off for 3 years. I decided to go through a red light, go 100 on main street then try and turn left onto my road going hmmmm 60 -65 mph? oh btw, it's a 90 degree turn going down hill. lol... and i was the one who said "what kind of idiot crashes an AWD car?" yea that's me. i missed the telephone pole by about 5 inches and all i did was take out a good 7 or 8 little trees. i was like, this did not just happen, so i put it in reverse and drove it to my house which was like 1/4 mile away on a flat tire. i yanked a huge ass branch outta the exhaust then passed out. i looked the next day.... oooo man. ha. looked like the cobra... just minus the flipping and broken windows. I didnt think i hit that hard. it's been at the shop for like a week now. not gonna be done for at least a month they say and about $10,000 in damage. coulda been totaled but i'll never get insured again. so i gota pay myself. all my money in stocks and savings from when i was little is goin to this. so i gotta get fixed then sell it, pay off my loan, then go get something faster and hope it doesnt happen again. sorry i wasnt in the picture taking mood. there wasnt much time between sleeping and getting screamed at by my mom every minute of the day. so yea.. i suck, but i'll stay insured.. oh and the rates should be goin up from totaling the cobra next month can't wait.
the moral of the story kids, is don't drink and drive (being real pissed off doesnt help either). so there's my update ha. havent been posting that much. alright gg to work now.
Old 06-30-2003, 08:18 AM   #11
nonovurbizniz

Quote:
Originally posted by SLP 01 WS6
i just don't understand the mindset of vette owners, vipers, and 03 cobras... they never want to run for some reason...

Maybe because barring your car or a VERY select few they can own just about all cars out there... and with yours there aren't that many people that can tell it's not just a t/a... so they figure you're just some dumb kid thinking he's fast in his pontiac.

a LOT of corvette drivers get them becasue when they were kids they were the "regal" cars to drive... not because they're sports cars...

vipers and cobras don't play becasue they're out of most cars' league.
Old 06-30-2003, 05:14 PM   #12
Quevv

Quote:
Originally posted by pdiggitydogg
thank you for taking down one of those things...i HATE corvettes

Why do you hate vette's? My dad has one and every now and then I get to drive it and it's a BLAST!
Old 07-01-2003, 01:10 AM   #13
78 monte

SVT cobra,I feel bad that you wrecked your Mustang.But it sounds to me having wrecked 2 almost new cars since the last time I posted a couple months ago,that you don't appreciate your cars very much.Try spending some time keeping a shitbox $75 dollar wonder running in a NY winter with no money to fix it when it breaks.You may take better care of your next car.
Again sorry bout the stang.
Old 07-01-2003, 09:44 AM   #14
sohc_vtec 2NR

SVT: post some pics if you can...
Old 07-01-2003, 10:11 AM   #15
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Nice. I like the Z06 Vettes. The only one I'd ever even think about owning.

Quote:
so i pull up along side him. he was an older guy maybe in his 40's

That's pretty typical.

Quote:

They figure they are faster than most of the cars trying to race them. So they don't run.
Kinda like when a 4 door civic rolls up to you and revs. Not really even a race.
Old 07-01-2003, 10:30 PM   #16
SeoulJaGirl

Quote:
Originally posted by SVT Cobra

coulda been totaled but i'll never get insured again. so i gota pay myself. all my money in stocks and savings from when i was little is goin to this.

aside from the stocks and whatnot, where do you get the money to wreck 2 cars and still pay insurance?!? and here i am all worried about my insurance company finding out about my 1st speeding ticket.... :o i must be in the wrong line of work...
(i'm not trying to be mean, i'm just wondering)