::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2003, 04:05 PM   #1
trabadoor22

suspension drop and snow?

im thinking about getting lowering springs or possibly coilovers for my car. the thing is that i live in ny and there is usually snow on the ground atleast 4 months out of the year. my car's an '03 si and its my ownly car so i wouldnt be able to store it winters unfortunatly. i dont want to drop the car alot. ide like to keep it to a minimum if possible, but i also dont want to limit myself to a couple springs to choose from. my question is would i be ok with a suspension drop, or would this be a bad idea? thanks for any help.
Old 05-06-2003, 04:13 PM   #2
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

I live in Mi..we get more snow than you do in ny Im willing to bet...but Im dropped

Get coilovers so you can raise it up higher when it snows if youre worried about that (Koni yellows and Ground controls or go true colover (NOT tokico illimuna r))
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 04:24 PM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

go with coilovers man. i have the ground controls and the konis on my car and i lover every seconds of the ride. it's so smooth and responsive even at 3.5" lowering. i can look up some prices for you on that suspension setup. let me know. and don't get the fround controls before you get the shocks. they tend to have different adapters for every aftermarket shock.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 05:21 PM   #4
trabadoor22

cool. ya that would be great if you get me a price on those, although i dont think i would be able to buy them until the end of summer. with that setup, what is the minimum you can lower it? ide like to be able to lower it an inch or so, not too much more than that if its possible. also i forgot to mention before that ide probably be going with 17" wheels since i cant find the wheels i want in 16's. i may look into other wheels if it would make a big difference though.
Old 05-06-2003, 07:14 PM   #5
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

the minimum drop from stock is .5" so you shouldn't worry about being to low in the winter. i love the adjusatbility of the coilovers.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote