Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2002, 12:44 AM   #41
V8killimports

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker
In the last year the "top gun" program was active the canadian air force flew down and walked all over the americans winning something like 9 out of 11 possible awards.

F*CK YOU IGNORATE AMERICANS! I'm sick of the Canadain bashing, find someone else to pick on you ungreatful assholes!

lol where do you get this crap? BTW israel owns all for air-air.
V8killimports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 12:45 AM   #42
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by AccordinStyle
Woah Rob! Relax, you have to remember this is the internet and yes, people are going to talk shit here but we think no less of Canada then any of our other Allies. Canada just tends to get picked on a little more than others sometimes.....

i've been on a board where the average age is 15-16 and i get more respect from them then I'm getting from you "adults".
What your saying when you bash Canadians is that you dont approve of our culture or who we are. The only conclusion that can be draw is that you dont want us around.

Thank you for being so mature and respectful.

Rob
Old 10-20-2002, 01:02 AM   #43
V8killimports

that's a nice story.. tell it again...
Old 10-20-2002, 01:06 AM   #44
AzCivic

Hahahahaha kilometers per hour hahahahahaha.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 01:11 AM   #45
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

This thread was intended to be informative for someone wanting to join the military so from this point on, if you don't have something informative or constructive to post - then don't...

Quote:
Originally posted by IALuder
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:
Originally posted by MissJDM
Darin, please confirm that you don't like the cock!

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #7
Anna Fan Club Member #1
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 01:15 AM   #46
V8killimports

I gave what info I had.. then I joked about canada.. then we get this:

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker
What would you know about our military you ignorate F*CK. Get outta here with your redneck comments.

Now i'm gonna school you, you inbread mother f*cker.

The Canadian military has no need to be as large as the American one. Though the American military comes up to Canada to train with the Canadians, so alot of the tactics you learn in flight school are developed in canadian airspace. It is one of the few countries that a militar aircraft is given a HUGE area to fly around in with little need to contact the tower for promision to cross into another airspace, giving the pilots a great learning evnoirment. Interesting you should say we suck aswell. In the last year the "top gun" program was active the canadian air force flew down and walked all over the americans winning something like 9 out of 11 possible awards.

F*CK YOU IGNORATE AMERICANS! I'm sick of the Canadain bashing, find someone else to pick on you ungreatful assholes!
Old 10-20-2002, 01:20 AM   #47
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by V8killimports
I gave what info I had.. then I joked about canada.. then we get this:

Oh grow up, learn when to drop it!
Old 10-20-2002, 01:21 AM   #48
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
This thread was intended to be informative for someone wanting to join the military so from this point on, if you don't have something informative or constructive to post - then don't...

Just thought I'd quote this again since you guys appeared to have missed it. Any more OT posts in this thread will be deleted.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 01:23 AM   #49
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

I know but the pissing matches have got to stop...it's not fair for someone to be uncomfortable enough around here to make them want to leave. I've been to some of the other messages boards and alot of the posts are people talking shit and are full of garbage. The reason why I decided to make HondaStyle my "home" is because it was different. Now I see this board getting to be like the others and I'm gonna do my best to see that it doesn't go any further. V8, I have nothing against you. If anything we have something in common being that we are both Air Force and if we ever met face-to-face I would be calling you "Sir" being that you outrank me but I'm asking you to please don't be so quick to jump on people's shit just to piss them off. It's not worth the time....yours or there's. Know what I mean?
Quote:
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX
Just thought I'd quote this again since you guys appeared to have missed it. Any more OT posts in this thread will be deleted.

One more and it's closed........

Quote:
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:

Anna Fan Club Member #1
Old 10-20-2002, 01:42 AM   #50
AzCivic

I wonder what the Coast Guard is like. Sometimes I wish I would have joined that.
Old 10-20-2002, 01:47 AM   #51
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
I wonder what the Coast Guard is like. Sometimes I wish I would have joined that.

I worked with someone that was in the Coast Guard before I came in the military...he worked down in Miami so it was mostly anti-drug-trafficing...he said it was pretty cool...

Quote:
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:

Anna Fan Club Member #1
Old 10-20-2002, 01:50 AM   #52
AzCivic

It would be tight as hell to get stationed in SoCal and being in the coast guard. How often are there storms out there, like never. Do they move around like the other branches or is it once you get to your first place thats where you stay?
Old 10-20-2002, 01:54 AM   #53
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
Do they move around like the other branches or is it once you get to your first place thats where you stay?

I think they're more situated to their specific state/area...kinda like the National Guard....

Quote:
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:

Anna Fan Club Member #1
Old 10-20-2002, 01:58 AM   #54
AzCivic

Damn I shoulda went in the coast guard. I wonder if I can crossover from the Air Force.
Old 10-20-2002, 01:59 AM   #55
V8killimports

Az you in the Air Force?
Old 10-20-2002, 02:02 AM   #56
AzCivic

Quote:
Az you in the Air Force?

Yeah I'm stationed in Tucson at Davis-Monthan AFB, I'm a weather forecaster and I hate my job. Not the actual job but I guess its more that I hate where I work/who I work for.
What do you do?
Old 10-20-2002, 02:02 AM   #57
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
Damn I shoulda went in the coast guard. I wonder if I can crossover from the Air Force.
You should be able to...only thing is you have to serve a minimum amount of time in your enlistment and then you can apply to go Palace Chase. You can look into it but I think you can apply for it and then if it's approved, you'll go Coast Guard (or any guard as a matter of fact) and be discharged from active duty. Look into it because I'm not 100% sure how it works....

Quote:
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:

Anna Fan Club Member #1
Old 10-20-2002, 02:05 AM   #58
V8killimports

I am a c130 navigator... not like those EC130s.. they don't do crap.. I do 10x the stuff they do.. I wish I was an EC130 nav..
Old 10-20-2002, 02:09 AM   #59
AzCivic

Tight. At least you have a cool job and make alot of cash. Are you gonna retire from the Air Force? Are you gonna ever get a job with an airline? Where are you stationed?
Old 10-20-2002, 02:12 AM   #60
V8killimports

I am in little rock until I go to north carolina.. I could go into airlines if I go to pilot training.. but flying is kicking my ass right now.. so pilot training will wait another year or so.. at least.. I will make it a career.. You weather guys crack me up though.. When I mission plan I ask you guys what winds we have.. a lot of times the weather guys here are kinda lazy and just tell me stuff like "northerly winds".. lol It actually makes my mission planning easier.
Old 10-20-2002, 02:18 AM   #61
AzCivic

I wish I worked in one of the small weather stations. But I work in a damn Hub where everyone is anal and on the look out to **** you over. In the last year there have been about 5-7 people that have been kicked out of the military. I've had a stripe taken away cause someone didnt get the answer they wanted and thought I was trying to cover up something.

If you ever fly over to the western states we'll be doing the briefing for your trip back.
Old 10-20-2002, 02:19 AM   #62
AzCivic

Quote:
You should be able to...only thing is you have to serve a minimum amount of time in your enlistment and then you can apply to go Palace Chase. You can look into it but I think you can apply for it and then if it's approved, you'll go Coast Guard (or any guard as a matter of fact) and be discharged from active duty. Look into it because I'm not 100% sure how it works....

Yeah the key is getting approved, I dont think my chance of that is too good since I'm in a critically manned career field.
Old 10-20-2002, 02:21 AM   #63
V8killimports

Quote:
I wish I worked in one of the small weather stations. But I work in a damn Hub where everyone is anal and on the look out to **** you over. In the last year there have been about 5-7 people that have been kicked out of the military. I've had a stripe taken away cause someone didnt get the answer they wanted and thought I was trying to cover up something.

If you ever fly over to the western states we'll be doing the briefing for your trip back.

Really?? That sucks.. Yea they are pretty laid back even though AETC has a big representation here.. we do get decent weather briefings for tac missions though..
Old 10-20-2002, 02:25 AM   #64
AzCivic

Yeah I hate this place with every ounce of my being.

Isn't the ICAO for where your at KLIT?
Old 10-20-2002, 02:26 AM   #65
V8killimports

Quote:
Yeah I hate this place with every ounce of my being.

Isn't the ICAO for where your at KLIT?

For little rock I think.. LRAFB is KLRF though
Old 10-20-2002, 02:29 AM   #66
AzCivic

Oh yeah thats right. Arkansas huh? Hows that place?
Old 10-20-2002, 02:30 AM   #67
V8killimports

Yea it sucks... armpit of the sound.. state can't decide whether it wants to be hot or cold.. I prefer cold... especially for tac missions.. heat sucks in the 130.
Old 10-20-2002, 02:30 AM   #68
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
Yeah the key is getting approved, I dont think my chance of that is too good since I'm in a critically manned career field.

ooohhh, yeah. If you're in a critically manned career field, you're pretty much screwed. How much longer do you have in your enlistment??

Quote:
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:

Anna Fan Club Member #1
Old 10-20-2002, 02:34 AM   #69
AzCivic

Quote:
ooohhh, yeah. If you're in a critically manned career field, you're pretty much screwed. How much longer do you have in your enlistment??

Just under 3 years. Once thats done I'm going to finish getting my degree and either come back in as an officer in a medical career field(pharmacy) or see whats available on the outside. I feel like I've wasted the last 3 years of my life, since I haven't been able to get any college done.
Old 10-20-2002, 02:36 AM   #70
AzCivic

Quote:
Yea it sucks... armpit of the sound.. state can't decide whether it wants to be hot or cold.. I prefer cold... especially for tac missions.. heat sucks in the 130.

So what do you do when you're not flying?
Old 10-20-2002, 02:37 AM   #71
AzCivic

Quote:

Whats your job and where are you stationed?
Old 10-20-2002, 02:39 AM   #72
V8killimports

Quote:
So what do you do when you're not flying?

They fly me all the time almost.. right now when I am not flying I have ground training.. That is at least a break from flying. I got night flights next week.. NVGs gimme a headache. Other than that mission planning.. making charts.. but not much else..
Old 10-20-2002, 02:46 AM   #73
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
Just under 3 years. Once thats done I'm going to finish getting my degree and either come back in as an officer in a medical career field(pharmacy) or see whats available on the outside. I feel like I've wasted the last 3 years of my life, since I haven't been able to get any college done.

So, you're a 6-year enlistee too, huh? Welcome to getting screwed over. Well, good luck with whatever you decide to do. I have a little less than a year and a half left in my enlistment and with all of this AEF shit going on, I don't think I'll be re-enlisting.....I don't really know what I'm gonna do yet. Guess I'll see how things go over the next year....

Quote:
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:

Anna Fan Club Member #1
Old 10-20-2002, 02:47 AM   #74
AzCivic

Quote:
They fly me all the time almost.. right now when I am not flying I have ground training.. That is at least a break from flying. I got night flights next week.. NVGs gimme a headache. Other than that mission planning.. making charts.. but not much else..

Oh, I always wondered. Do the pilots do the same? I used to want to try and be a pilot so I could eventually work in an airline but all that flying kinda turned me off to the idea. Plus I dont have much time til I reach the age cut off, and having to wear glasses is another hurdle I'd have to jump.
Old 10-20-2002, 02:50 AM   #75
AzCivic

Quote:
So, you're a 6-year enlistee too, huh? Welcome to getting screwed over. Well, good luck with whatever you decide to do. I have a little less than a year and a half left in my enlistment and with all of this AEF shit going on, I don't think I'll be re-enlisting.....I don't really know what I'm gonna do yet. Guess I'll see how things go over the next year....

yup, when i enlisted I figured I was going to stay in for 20 anyway. Damn that was a huge mistake. The 7K$ was nice, well the 5k$ or so that actually went in my pocket. The military paying taxes what kinda damn sense does that make.
Old 10-20-2002, 02:51 AM   #76
V8killimports

Quote:
Oh, I always wondered. Do the pilots do the same? I used to want to try and be a pilot so I could eventually work in an airline but all that flying kinda turned me off to the idea. Plus I dont have much time til I reach the age cut off, and having to wear glasses is another hurdle I'd have to jump.

You can get waivers for everything... but yea everyone in the flying community flies an average of 3 days a week. Of course aircraft type will make the vary. If you fly high level tanker stuff it's not that big of a deal. I do 6 hour low level missions at 300AGL and it really sucks sometimes. I get headaches, dehydrated...a little sick sometimes (have not thrown up yet), plus I gotta stand up the whole time.. I would work for it if you wanted it..
Old 10-20-2002, 02:57 AM   #77
AzCivic

300ft damn thats low. I would but I've lost interest, mainly because I'm married and my wife doesnt want me to be gone all the time even after the military with an airline.
Old 10-20-2002, 06:06 AM   #78
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
yup, when i enlisted I figured I was going to stay in for 20 anyway. Damn that was a huge mistake. The 7K$ was nice, well the 5k$ or so that actually went in my pocket. The military paying taxes what kinda damn sense does that make.

I was told by MEPS (sp?) that my career field was only offered for a 6 year enlistment...yeah, that was bullshit...and on top of that, they didn't start offering an enlistment bonus in my career field until my 6th month of Tech School so of course I didn't get shit....oh well...and I know how you feel about the military paying taxes but that's a whole other story......

Quote:
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:

Anna Fan Club Member #1
Old 10-20-2002, 01:55 PM   #79
Kyle
elyK

So, Whats the deal with taxes?...i thought you didn't pay or somethin...

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 02:23 PM   #80
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobbo
So, Whats the deal with taxes?...i thought you didn't pay or somethin...

I friggin wish!! Damn that would be so sweet. Actually we dont pay taxes on a small part of out income but its not that much of a help, a little, but not much.