Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2004, 10:41 AM   #81
biker's back

Quote:
Originally posted by GirlRacer
I am... though, between work and j's house-i'm rarely home. He's even put up a pug fence to keep my piglet in.

Very cute, how long you two been seeing eachother?
Old 07-27-2004, 10:50 AM   #82
GirlRacer

uhhhhh... rollin up on 3 months now, still kinda new, but things are great and headed for better
Old 07-27-2004, 11:04 AM   #83
biker's back

Quote:
uhhhhh... rollin up on 3 months now, still kinda new, but things are great and headed for better

thats rather new, actually really new. Could you marry this one?
Old 07-27-2004, 11:07 AM   #84
GirlRacer

ah... too early to say
Old 07-27-2004, 11:10 AM   #85
biker's back

Quote:
ah... too early to say, but if I were forced to have an answer now, it would be yes. However, there are some things that I need to work on, of course - and some things about him that I must learn to handle like an adult. (like his 8 yr. old son par exampla)

How does the kid like you? I never figured you for much of a kid fan. Him having a kid can have a handful of complications.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:15 AM   #86
GirlRacer

This I realize. He's a very very well-behaved and sweet boy. He's adorable as can be, not sure if he likes me b/c he's so quiet... jer only has him every other weekend though as the child lives in OKC on a military base with his mother and her husband. I haven't met the mother, don't plan to, don't care to. At first I didn't want to meet the child, but noticed it was REALLY bothering jer. that I wouldn't come see him or catch a baseball game or a movie, or other things when he had Taylor, so I'm slowly trying to let that go and incorporate in with all that.

My problem is-I AM a stepchild- twice over and I know that it SUX when you're trying to hang out with your dad and some girl is always around. I don't want some little kid hating me b/c I'm taking attention from his dad away from him.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:18 AM   #87
biker's back

Quote:
This I realize. He's a very very well-behaved and sweet boy. He's adorable as can be, not sure if he likes me b/c he's so quiet... jer only has him every other weekend though as the child lives in OKC on a military base with his mother and her husband. I haven't met the mother, don't plan to, don't care to. At first I didn't want to meet the child, but noticed it was REALLY bothering jer. that I wouldn't come see him or catch a baseball game or a movie, or other things when he had Taylor, so I'm slowly trying to let that go and incorporate in with all that.

My problem is-I AM a stepchild- twice over and I know that it SUX when you're trying to hang out with your dad and some girl is always around. I don't want some little kid hating me b/c I'm taking attention from his dad away from him.

well considering that why dont you talk to the little boy and maybe also explain that to jer.

A father and son does need time to themselves, but considering the lack of time the two have together I see where he is coming from. He wants the son and you to meet so there aren't any surprises.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:22 AM   #88
GirlRacer

well, I was actually discussing all this with my dad recently figuring he would take my side when he actually laid into me about avoiding the child.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:27 AM   #89
biker's back

I bet, so go with the flow and see what happens. The worst thing you could do is make the kid feel like you didn't want to be around him. Then you'd put jer in a tuff spot, child or gf.

I gotta say it sounds like you've matured a bit.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:32 AM   #90
GirlRacer

oh ya, alot has happened since I last spoke with you. I've had to deal with alot of stuff I wasn't ready to deal with and it's been a tough road.

I've done ALOT of growing up, probly still need work, but don't we all?
Old 07-27-2004, 11:34 AM   #91
biker's back

Quote:
oh ya, alot has happened since I last spoke with you. I've had to deal with alot of stuff I wasn't ready to deal with and it's been a tough road.

I've done ALOT of growing up, probly still need work, but don't we all?

Ya we do, we all grow and mature at different rates. Sometime when you're ready you should let me know what was going on when I last saw you.

I'm glad to see you've delt with things, and are working on the other things in yoru life that need to be fixed.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:42 AM   #92
GirlRacer

If I could just get my rex back on the road, life would be peachy
Old 07-27-2004, 11:45 AM   #93
biker's back

Quote:
If I could just get my rex back on the road, life would be peachy

Cool, I gotta say my life is peachy at my end. Just wanting a few weeks for my bonus
Old 07-27-2004, 11:47 AM   #94
GirlRacer

ah, good luck with that. This job I have now is awesome at handing credit where credit is due. They gave me $1,000 for X-mas! (around here, that's damn good money. haha)
Old 07-27-2004, 11:54 AM   #95
CD5Passion

wow where did this thread come from?
Old 07-27-2004, 11:57 AM   #96
GirlRacer

March, 2004. haha
Old 07-27-2004, 12:01 PM   #97
biker's back

Quote:
ah, good luck with that. This job I have now is awesome at handing credit where credit is due. They gave me $1,000 for X-mas! (around here, that's damn good money. haha)

I'm looking for 10 times that much this year.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:20 PM   #98
mylittlecivic

dang thats alot of pm that could have been done - oh well. Really cute dog! I had one just like that:(

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 01:54 PM   #99
GirlRacer

Yanno, I didn't think about PMing till after. My bad. Thanks for the compliment on my dog, she's my best friend. haha
Old 07-29-2004, 02:46 PM   #100
biker's back

meh this was easier....