.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2002, 08:38 AM   #81
msvtec14

Ok, so I invented a new sport with the Neon this past Saturday night. It is called garbage can bowling. This is something that happens in the early morning hours. It involves making my friend get out of the car to line up garbage cans in the middle of the road while I'm sitting there with my headlights off. And then I throw it in reverse and back away. And then I floor it and blast through the garbage cans. Not metal ones thought. The big Rubbermaid ones.

nonovurbizniz, you've got to get a pic of me doing that with a stolen park bench on the trunk.
Old 12-24-2002, 09:02 AM   #82
firstgeardude

hows the cracked bumper holding up/doing?
Old 12-24-2002, 09:31 AM   #83
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by firstgeardude
hows the cracked bumper holding up/doing?

It's fine. The crack is only about 2in. And it didn't get any bigger after bowling on Sat.
Old 12-24-2002, 12:57 PM   #84
firstgeardude

so how fast did you blast through those cans?
Old 12-24-2002, 01:00 PM   #85
msvtec14

Quote:
so how fast did you blast through those cans?

Only at about 40mph.
Old 12-24-2002, 01:39 PM   #86
blind34_1

I used to do that to cardboard movie stand-ups! We used to record our antics also, and the video is famous around here.

Anyway msvtec, I've got one of those stupid type R emblems. It came off of this old crappy prelude at the junkyard. I've also got one of those superstreet radioactive emblems. I have no use for rice badges, but they'd clash nicely with a neon...
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 01:47 PM   #87
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by blind34_1
I used to do that to cardboard movie stand-ups! We used to record our antics also, and the video is famous around here.

Anyway msvtec, I've got one of those stupid type R emblems. It came off of this old crappy prelude at the junkyard. I've also got one of those superstreet radioactive emblems. I have no use for rice badges, but they'd clash nicely with a neon...

Aaaaa Haaaaa. Cardboard movie stand-ups? That's funny. It must be even funnier to be in car heading towards one of those. The best part about garbage can bowling is the noise. I'll send you some of those fed-ex envelopes if you want to send me those emblems. You want some $$$? I can send you a check or something. I've got my Accord emblems that I'm putting on there too but I can't figure out how to get them on.
Old 12-24-2002, 02:14 PM   #88
blind34_1

it was funny to be heading towards a big thing going 45 at 2 am in the theater parking lot. every instinct tells you to stop! ah those were the days...

these emblems just use glue, or some kind of adhesive. just email me, blind34_1@lycos.com, and I'll tell ya where to send an envelope.

this will look great! A Type R Neon that is radioactive!
Old 12-26-2002, 01:50 PM   #89
msvtec14

Quote:
it was funny to be heading towards a big thing going 45 at 2 am in the theater parking lot. every instinct tells you to stop! ah those were the days...

these emblems just use glue, or some kind of adhesive. just email me, blind34_1@lycos.com, and I'll tell ya where to send an envelope.

this will look great! A Type R Neon that is radioactive!

K, I'm going to drop you a line today. All I have to say is...for a car that we've been dissing on, the Type R radioactive Neon handles pretty well in the snow. I was pretty surprised. OMG, you used to do that in the parking lot of the movies?! Did anyone else see this other you and your friends? That's great I'm going to start doing some stunts in the snow.
Old 12-26-2002, 01:53 PM   #90
msvtec14

Stupid question...when I e-mail you, I have to put that space between blind34 and 1?? Or is there an underscore?
Old 12-26-2002, 06:01 PM   #91
blind34_1

sorry, there is an underscore between the 4 and the 1. I should really get another address.

Yeah, once we had an audience. This is at like 2 in the morning, though. We convinced our cool manager to let us "dispose" of the old movie standups. I think the first one was "Black Knight". We got a whole bunch of extension cords and ran them from booth (where the projectors are) out the door and way far out into the parking lot. My friend was recording. I say a few words to mark the occasion, and speed off way far down to the other end of the lot, playing "Break Stuff". I flash my brights, rev a few times, and punch it. After a perfect shift into second, all you see is my car smashing through this mass of cardboard. All I see is this black dude in a chain mail hurling toward me. I backed up and ran him over a few times more. It was great! We did this I think four more times, until the district manager heard what we were doing with them.
Old 12-26-2002, 08:09 PM   #92
Shot 2 Hel

a little while back i wanted to take one of the Monsters Inc. stand up things and put it in my room. LOL
Old 12-27-2002, 08:53 AM   #93
msvtec14

Quote:
sorry, there is an underscore between the 4 and the 1. I should really get another address.

Yeah, once we had an audience. This is at like 2 in the morning, though. We convinced our cool manager to let us "dispose" of the old movie standups. I think the first one was "Black Knight". We got a whole bunch of extension cords and ran them from booth (where the projectors are) out the door and way far out into the parking lot. My friend was recording. I say a few words to mark the occasion, and speed off way far down to the other end of the lot, playing "Break Stuff". I flash my brights, rev a few times, and punch it. After a perfect shift into second, all you see is my car smashing through this mass of cardboard. All I see is this black dude in a chain mail hurling toward me. I backed up and ran him over a few times more. It was great! We did this I think four more times, until the district manager heard what we were doing with them.

OMG. LMAO. Mental images. I want to get some mannequins and do that. They used to scare me when I was little so I need to get my revenge. Blind34_1, you REALLY need to get those vidoes on HS!!!
Old 12-28-2002, 09:55 PM   #94
blind34_1

We had only one VHS tape and we let my friends brother borrow it, to show to his friends. They all thought it was hilarious, and it is legend around here. Unfortunatly, the video was lost forever. nobody knows where it is! That had all sorts of good stuff on it, back from when we would break stuff in gym class. we seriously brought a full size video camera into our gym class and nobody saw! We did all our work on the old Jesus video that was littered on everyones doorstep around here...anyway.

This is getting way OT, but oh well its still funny.

I thought of something else for the neon, get a whole bunch of fog lights! dont pay anything for them, see if you can ghettofy something.

omg, I saw a nasty civic with a bench, fart exhuats, and huge comic font lettering on the side that said VTEC. I thought of the TypeR neon!
Old 12-30-2002, 10:27 AM   #95
msvtec14

Quote:
We had only one VHS tape and we let my friends brother borrow it, to show to his friends. They all thought it was hilarious, and it is legend around here. Unfortunatly, the video was lost forever. nobody knows where it is! That had all sorts of good stuff on it, back from when we would break stuff in gym class. we seriously brought a full size video camera into our gym class and nobody saw! We did all our work on the old Jesus video that was littered on everyones doorstep around here...anyway.

This is getting way OT, but oh well its still funny.

I thought of something else for the neon, get a whole bunch of fog lights! dont pay anything for them, see if you can ghettofy something.

omg, I saw a nasty civic with a bench, fart exhuats, and huge comic font lettering on the side that said VTEC. I thought of the TypeR neon!

Ok, I know that I'm doing it to the Neon...but why do people put Type R or V-Tec stickers on cars that really aren't?? I'm sure that some of those cars are actually what the stickers say but there's a whole lot that aren't. I'm doing it to the Neon to make fun of those people. But I just can't figure out why anyone would do that with seriousness. Posers. I'd be so embarassed if I tried to pull that off seriously and then I got caught out. We were driving on Christmas Eve and there was some Civic similar to the one that you're talking about that cut my bro off and was reving the fart pipes and then my bro pulled up to him in the next lane to race and embarassed this kid.
Old 12-31-2002, 02:45 AM   #96
Shot 2 Hel

you should raise it up like those big redneck trucks, that would be funny to see
Old 01-02-2003, 07:53 AM   #97
msvtec14

That would look obnoxious. I think this car is about to die. The check engine light came on and then I started to feel the transmission slip. Turns out there was no transmission fluid. And then my dad used one of those diagnostic computers and the check engine light was coming on due to the oxygen sensor being totally shot in it. The car is doing WEIRD things.
Old 01-02-2003, 10:51 AM   #98
firstgeardude

transmission slip.... thats chrysler for ya
Old 01-02-2003, 11:58 AM   #99
juvenile

Quote:
transmission slip.... thats chrysler for ya

LOL ummm yeah. I can back you up on that one! Twice! :o
Old 01-06-2003, 03:27 PM   #100
msvtec14

Yeah. Because of the stupid transmission, I went into a hill the other night. It was snowing and I had to floor it just to get it to shift gears. So I did this in the snow around a little bend and ended up doing a 180 and going into this little hill/ravine like thing. We did not get hurt at all. Neither did the car. I seriously laughed for about 20 minutes about it though. It was weird because I was so calm when all of it was going down.
Old 01-06-2003, 07:16 PM   #101
firstgeardude

so how did you get out of the ravine? you just drive off... or ...?
Old 01-07-2003, 08:49 AM   #102
msvtec14

Yeah, basically. It wasn't this huge ditch or anything. There was a hill and then right before that hill there was a little scoop thing in the ground. The back end of the car and a little of the drivers side was really the only part that went down the incline. I got out of it with a little effort but then I had to pretty much do a K turn so I was facing the right direction.