Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2001, 10:17 AM   #1
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

New Civic Facts.

K I know that A LOT of people here don't like the new civic hatch. I hate to hear some of the remarks that are going to come from posting this. The 2002 doesn't sound that bad. I read a few articles on it (In SCC, and honda tuning).

Engine Code: K20A3
Valvetrain: DOHC four valves per cylinder i-VTEC variable valve timing.
Displacement: 1998cc
Compression Ratio 9.8:1
HP: 160hp@6500rpm
Torque: 132lb-ft@5000rpm
CurbWeight:2744lbs
Brakes: Front:10.3 inch vented discs single piston sliding calipers
Rear: 10.2 inch solid discs single piston sliding calipers.
WHeels: 16X6 inch aluminum
Tires:195/60R 15 Michelin PilotMXV-4
Specs are from SCC
Here are a few quotes:
"Our test drive exposed the Si to the rigors of the world's most demanding high speed motoring enviroment, yet the new Si never failed to reward"
-Honda Tuning.
"The new all aluminum 2.0 liter DOHC 16 valve four under the Si's sharply raked hood takes that equation and improves upon its precedessor, delivering more power and torque, better fuel mileage, lower exhaust emmissions and lighter weight (by a full 10 percent) in a more compace size."
-SCC
Here is a nice one talking about the engine
"The result is more power now up to 160 HP at 6500 rpm, and, more importantly 132lbs at a more accessible 5000 rpm, 20-percent more twist then output by the previous Si."

I could go on with the quotes. But I won't. I think the new Civic will be fine.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 02:48 PM   #2
hondafetish

I don't think it's a matter of the specs. On paper, it's a great sounding machine. But to look at it, one might think Honda liked the look of the Focus and wanted to emulate it.

On the other side, however, when the S2000 came out I first thought the pictures of it was horrendous. But when we got one in town and I was able to drive it... my opinion took a HUGE 180!::
Old 12-04-2001, 11:10 PM   #3
maxpsi

So let me see, 16 inch rims and 15 inch tires. man that is going to be a tight squeeze. Does anyone see the humor in that. No offense to the person who made the post, maybe you just wrote it down wrong. But it just sounds like Honda is trying to keep up with the comp with the usually Si Vtec engine they have always had.
Old 12-05-2001, 12:12 AM   #4
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

FUNNY!!!

I just got done posting about this on another site and it's still on my 'clipboard.' I paste it here...

Quote:
Originally posted by just chillin

...well first off i said...

...you were implying...

...but anyway you're saying...

...you probably don't know...

...also as you probably don't know...

...[so] what are you complaining about?
Another classic 'Strawman Attack'... Present a weak or implausible [strawman] version of my statements and then try to demolish them. Bah!

Look, everyone thinks the 2002 CiViC Si's and Type R's are:[list=1][*]CiViC's and,
[*]They're going to have Acura RSX engines in them.[/list=1]In fact, they are really not CiViC's at all [not even 'new' CiViC's], but rather 3-door versions of the Honda Stream MPV [Honda's name, not mine] with Honda Stream engines in them. I suppose this is a moot point, since the 'new' CiViC's aren't REAL CiViC's either, but rather, generic Global Compact Platform cars with Honda CiViC nameplates on them.

Acura RSX's have K20C motors, but Honda Streams, CiViC Si's and CiViC Type R's have K20A motors. As you pointed out, the B18B and B18C are two entirely different animals. And, so it goes with the K20's.

The Acura RSX's K20C is a performance engine. The Honda Stream's K20A is a mini-van engine. One is a spec'd-out model; the other isn't. Truth be told, the K20C 01 Spec R [name not finalized] could not be finished in time for the 'new' CiViC Type R and CiViC Si, so they got the Stream's i-VTEC engine instead. Who cares? Ppl like you won't know the difference anyway!

Give it up, chimp...
DISCLAIMER The existence of BDC is disputable. The existence of views, in the absence
of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise
in the second order coefficient.
BlackDeuceCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 12:24 AM   #5
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

BTW...

This is a 5-door Honda Stream mini-van...

This is a 3-door Honda Stream/CiViC Type R...

This is a 3-door Honda Stream/CiViC Si...

IMO, they ALL look like sh!t... ::

P.S. Did you notice the "16 inch rims and 15 inch tires"???
DISCLAIMER The existence of BDC is disputable. The existence of views, in the absence
of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise
Old 12-05-2001, 08:48 AM   #6
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

seems interesting.. not really for me but still..

the styling though, oh boy..
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 10:36 AM   #7
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

OK so i just posted these facts straight outta Sport Compact Car (SCC) and Honda Tuning . No I didn't write anything down wrong. Maybe you should read about it before calling me a strawman, and a chimp and saying ppl like me don't know what i'm talking about. If that's the case I just won't post stuff here.
Peace

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

Old 12-05-2001, 05:09 PM   #8
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

Exclamation OOPS! MY BAD...

Quote:
Originally posted by dereks civic

OK so i just posted these facts straight outta Sport Compact Car (SCC) and Honda Tuning . No I didn't write anything down wrong. Maybe you should read about it before calling me a strawman, and a chimp and saying ppl like me don't know what i'm talking about. If that's the case I just won't post stuff here.
Peace
Guess I didn't explain myself V well. In response to YOUR post, I pasted my reply to someone else on an entirely different web site. Look at the name of the guy that I quoted --- "just chillin", not "dekek's civic"! That's whom I was flaming, not YOU.

I wasn't directing THOSE comments towards you, D.C... ::

Just to keep things in perspective, this was the post I was replying to:
Quote:
Originally posted by just chillin

well first off i said that you were implying that it's not a real type r because you had hilighted the part that says "the type r is clean emissions" in an effort to show that the new ctr is really a type r (then what the **** is it? i thought honda gave it names, not you. what honda names it is what it is).

but anyway you're saying that because according to the article the ctr engine is "based" on the mpv engine means that they're the same thing? well as you probably don't know the b18c is based on the b18b. so that means b18b=b18c because it's based on it? i don't think so. same with this. also as you probably don't know the h22a is basically a high performance version of the f22a. according to your theory that means that f22a=h22a because they're based on each other... anyway you probably get my point... which is that you're a dumb**** that doens't what what he's talking about. just cuz you don't like the look of the new civic you're saying all this shit... i'm sure the new ctr would waste your civic dx so what are you complaining about?
Sorry if it caused confusion, bro!!!

Last edited by BlackDeuceCoupe : 12-05-2001 at 05:15 PM.
Old 12-05-2001, 07:21 PM   #9
90civiclxryder

i like it personally, i think it will grow on us, it seems to perform adiquatelys and beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Old 12-05-2001, 09:05 PM   #10
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Quote:
Originally posted by 90civiclxryder
i like it personally, i think it will grow on us, it seems to perform adiquatelys and beauty is in the eye of the beholder

about the beauty part I dunno man..

the thing looks like a building.. ::

oh well..
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 10:25 PM   #11
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by 90civiclxryder
i like it personally, i think it will grow on us,

I can't see it growing on my anytime in the near future

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 01:19 AM   #12
eXNBP

I saw one in person in Seattle and lemme tell you they look 10x better in person!! Give it time maybe then we will see if they are really that great
Old 12-09-2001, 03:52 PM   #13
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

Quote:
Originally posted by eXNBP

Give it time maybe...
Yeah, like when you're on a 10-hour flight, and the guy in the next seat 'blows chunks' on you. After a while, you'll get used to the smell...
Old 12-09-2001, 06:03 PM   #14
eXNBP

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackDeuceCoupe
Yeah, like when you're on a 10-hour flight, and the guy in the next seat 'blows chunks' on you. After a while, you'll get used to the smell...
Hey its not that bad u cac HEHEH
Old 12-10-2001, 04:33 PM   #15
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Re: OOPS! MY BAD...

Quote:
Sorry if it caused confusion, bro!!!

It's all good bro....I thought you were doggin me.
I see what your saying now though.
Thanks.
:P

Old 12-11-2001, 12:46 AM   #16
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

Quote:
Originally posted by eXNBP
Hey its not that bad u cac HEHEH
Yeah, maybe the 'new' CiViC is more like when you're on a crowded bus and someone farts...
Old 12-11-2001, 05:48 PM   #17
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Yeah, maybe the 'new' CiViC is more like when you're on a crowded bus and someone farts...
that sux when peeps do that.!!!!!

Old 12-11-2001, 09:54 PM   #18
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
"The result is more power now up to 160 HP at 6500 rpm, and, more importantly 132lbs at a more accessible 5000 rpm, 20-percent more twist then output by the previous Si."

Not more power, more torque and at a lower RPM. Dunno where SCC got that one. What's the redline on the new Si? Just curious. I'm guessing 6900-7000.....
Old 12-12-2001, 09:53 AM   #19
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_Addict

Not more power, more torque and at a lower RPM. Dunno where SCC got that one. What's the redline on the new Si? Just curious. I'm guessing 6900-7000.....

I don't have a klue. Like I said. I just took those facts, and directly typed them on here. Those aren't mine. They are SCC's

Old 12-12-2001, 12:09 PM   #20
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:

I don't have a klue. Like I said. I just took those facts, and directly typed them on here. Those aren't mine. They are SCC's

Yeah I know man. I wasn't calling you out or anything....
Old 12-12-2001, 05:55 PM   #21
thermal
Banning Machine

i saw it also on a car show here in VA. it's not as bad, IMO. i like the shifter and the gauge dash. i just do not know about the appearance......

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 09:23 PM   #22
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Im not big on the whole strut Idea.. I love DWB.. I wish they coulda added more power to it, since they made the motor bigger.. Kinda pointless to have the same amount of power out a .4 liter bigger motor.. I say they should have bumped the power upto atleast 180 or so.
Old 12-12-2001, 10:17 PM   #23
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_Addict

Yeah I know man. I wasn't calling you out or anything....
Oh $hit yeah man...i know....it's all good yo.

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
[b] I say they should have bumped the power upto atleast 180 or so. [/]

How true

Old 12-14-2001, 11:50 AM   #24
thermal
Banning Machine

Quote:
Im not big on the whole strut Idea.. I love DWB.. I wish they coulda added more power to it, since they made the motor bigger.. Kinda pointless to have the same amount of power out a .4 liter bigger motor.. I say they should have bumped the power upto atleast 180 or so.
i strongly agree on that power output issue......

what is honda thinkin?!. i did read up a few articles about it. it seems like honda is trying to combat emissions and at the same time trying to come up with powerful engines. boosted3g pointed that out to me. it makes sense but why not go all the way and place that typeR k20 in it?

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 03:00 PM   #25
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:

The added torque is nice, but what happend to the HP? You mean to tel me they could squeeze 40 more HP outta that engine?
Old 12-15-2001, 02:19 AM   #26
tightteg52

Quote:
Originally posted by hondafetish
But to look at it, one might think Honda liked the look of the Focus and wanted to emulate it.

Ok thats my pet peev right there it is not and i repaet NOT styled after the focus it is styled after european cars if you look at amost of the newer cars in england and what not that is how there cars have looked for a while ford got thier styling from englad and so did honda idon remember which article i read i think it was the one from SCC but honda went to there england plant to design and BOOM what do we get a english styled car. If ya dont like deal w/ it cause thats the next offering from honda and its going to be nice you may not like the looks of the car thats peachy its still a nice package!! So do yourself and everyone that reads this post keep your rude comments to yourself.

Disclaimer if i offended any in the above post My bad those were not my intenions i just needed to rant a little bit.
Old 12-17-2001, 02:29 AM   #27
B18C-EJ1

Re: New Civic Facts.

Quote:
CurbWeight:2744lbs
....................and lighter weight (by a full 10 percent) in a more compact size."
-SCC

Ok, first it's a HB and it weighs more than my coupe?

Lighter in weight than what? A sherman tank? Geez, gimme a break, the new WRX only weighs 3,000lbs, and has 237HP AWD.

If this is the case, I'll wait to buy the focu... I mean Civic, and save my cash for the WRX STI that's due here next year.

Hmm, let's see..... 280HP 3,000lbs, AWD, 4dr sedan (cheap on INS) or 160HP, 2,744lbs, rally shiftin, FWD hatchback........

Yea, um ok.

I can see why Honda owners are not thrilled about the new Civic Si HB.