::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2004, 01:28 PM   #1
03 Blue Si

Post AEM V2 Intake

Does anyone have a V2 on their 02-03 Civic Si. I just want to see exactly how the pipe runs and where the filter sits. Thanks so much!
Old 02-01-2004, 05:10 PM   #2
blind34_1

the v2 is no big deal, its just a fine-tuned pipe that is vehicle specific. Instead of a big honkin pipe strapped to your throttle body, this is an optimized pipe for different applications.

Are you asking becuase you just installed one and want to make sure you got it right, or are you going to try to roll your own? if your making your own, you dont need the v2 as a template
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 11:17 PM   #3
03 Blue Si

AEM V2 Intake Path

Why is it that when you ask a question you get more questions in response? I don't care about making my own, I simply want to know what path the pipe takes and where the filter sits with the V2 (actually, where does the pipe run and where does the filter sit on ANY AEM intake system). I know a lot of you out there think that CAI's are useless, but unlike you I can't afford to buy a $3000 or more/less turbo system. If someone out there actually knows something and can answer my question I would appreciate it more than you know. Thanks!

~Todd
Old 02-01-2004, 11:23 PM   #4
vtracer20

V2 is better tahn the 1gen aem......get it if u got the funds
Old 02-02-2004, 01:20 AM   #5
03 Blue Si

Apparently I am no one. Awesome.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:56 AM   #6
oc civic

Re: AEM V2 Intake

Quote:
Originally posted by 03 Blue Si
Does anyone have a V2 on their 02-03 Civic Si. I just want to see exactly how the pipe runs and where the filter sits. Thanks so much!

i searched and could not find a pic of one installed.. just out of curiousity why do you need to know where it sits?

maybe if i knew what your concern was i could answer your question.. not talking shit.. just trying to help
Old 02-03-2004, 12:07 AM   #7
blind34_1

sorry, my response was not one of my better ones...your initial question was vague at best, so I was trying to figure out what you were really asking....carry on.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 12:59 AM   #8
AzCivic

Re: Re: AEM V2 Intake

Quote:
Originally posted by oc civic
i searched and could not find a pic of one installed.. just out of curiousity why do you need to know where it sits?

maybe if i knew what your concern was i could answer your question.. not talking shit.. just trying to help

did you search google?
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 11:16 AM   #9
vtracer20

if this helps: my 1st gen short ram sits right on top of the hole next to the battery......the CAI sits just past the hole i believe
Old 02-03-2004, 11:19 AM   #10
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

they have about the same placement as the CAI

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 10:55 AM   #11
oc civic

Re: Re: Re: AEM V2 Intake

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
did you search google?

yes.. i got a lot of places to buy it.. but none that really had it pictured (for that car at least)
Old 02-04-2004, 12:24 PM   #12
sohc_vtec 2NR

the instructions from the V2 will come with pictures of how it should look like....
Old 02-06-2004, 01:16 PM   #13
Honda_Tengoku

Quote:
Originally posted by blind34_1
the v2 is no big deal, its just a fine-tuned pipe that is vehicle specific. Instead of a big honkin pipe strapped to your throttle body, this is an optimized pipe for different applications.

Are you asking becuase you just installed one and want to make sure you got it right, or are you going to try to roll your own? if your making your own, you dont need the v2 as a template

its not really just a fine tuned pipe. Its actually a dual chamber CAI. It usues resonating frequencies to create pulses to charge the cylinders with air. Chevy used this technology on their Tuned Port Injection systems in the 80s (without the dual chamber of course). The engineers found that certain sizes, and intake lengths created different frequencies. Those different frequecies created pulse waves at certain RPM's which charged the cylinders with air than normal intakes could possibly create with atmospheric pressure. Remember all this is in theory. AEM just tried to adapt this to their intakes. Thats why I think AEM is the best. They have the most engineering behind these products.
Old 02-06-2004, 01:22 PM   #14
Honda_Tengoku

Re: Re: AEM V2 Intake Path

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
who the **** are you to get pissy with one of the regulars here? as far am i'm concerned you're useless, now go buy a pipe that puts the filter in your wheel well and shut the **** up.

he brought up a very valid point. Although I would not have brought it up the way he did. I often times have that problem. Everytime I ask a question regarding something with my engine, everyone tells me to go with a damn B series, or a turbo D. I never really get any real answers in this forum. Everyone is too concerned with peak hp, peak tq on a damn dyno. Sure dyno results are good bragging rights, and an effective tunning solution to your hybrid, but unfortunately it doesnt really show a good representation of how fast the car is. You just need to cool it a bit and relax. It seems u take things too seriously. Just relax man u will live longer. BTW its just my two cents, I mean no offense.
Old 02-06-2004, 02:19 PM   #15
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

woa boy...looks like we lost another one
theyre dropping like flies...I guess we're too well knit of a community (im being serious)

I think that we all have a little bit of cabin fever, winter blues, what-have-you (yes, even you warm climate people)
We need to take a step back and think before we post ("lets put on our happy faces")...even if we dont want to
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 02:33 PM   #16
sohc_vtec 2NR

there's my happy face!
Old 02-06-2004, 02:46 PM   #17
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

thats exactly the attitude we need!
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 03:23 PM   #18
AzCivic

i was cranky, sorry.
Old 02-06-2004, 03:24 PM   #19
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by Honda_Tengoku
its not really just a fine tuned pipe. Its actually a dual chamber CAI. It usues resonating frequencies to create pulses to charge the cylinders with air. Chevy used this technology on their Tuned Port Injection systems in the 80s (without the dual chamber of course). The engineers found that certain sizes, and intake lengths created different frequencies. Those different frequecies created pulse waves at certain RPM's which charged the cylinders with air than normal intakes could possibly create with atmospheric pressure. Remember all this is in theory. AEM just tried to adapt this to their intakes. Thats why I think AEM is the best. They have the most engineering behind these products.

too bad to really get the benefits of this technology you have to custom make the pieces to fit each car since each one has its own...perferences i guess you could say.