::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Interior Modifications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2002, 04:20 PM   #1
2003_EX

Window Tint

Hey all, I have a black 2003 Civic EX coupe, I am looking at tinting the windows, but there are a few questions I have. I know there is no real rules for the back windows, but the driver and passenger in front must be at 30% visibility. I am not for sure on the numbers so bare with me. What in your opinons would look the best for tinting all the windows? Should I completely black out the back windows, and the full amount on the front ones. Should I go a pinch under legal on the front windows? Should I do all the windows at the same darkness? Tell me what you have seen and prefer, Thanks.
Old 11-17-2002, 04:23 PM   #2
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Moving....

This Q&C forum is for questions regarding the actual forums

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 05:12 PM   #3
2003_EX

sorry
Old 11-17-2002, 10:03 PM   #4
reddline

Hello! In regards to your question, I live in NC and the rules here on window tint are that on a car it has to read at least 32 percent all the way around. Trucks can have the back window as dark as you want. They may be differant in your state but call the dmv to be sure. I think that it would look better if you tint the same all the way around. I have a 2001 ex and mine are 32 percent. My last car I had 20 percent and I got pulled. I think it really depends on the cop and how bored they are. So anyway good luck with it!!!
See Ya

Reddline
Old 11-17-2002, 10:13 PM   #5
a96710

You don't want it too dark on the rear cause it'll be hard to see out of. On my Legend I had 5% and it was inpossible to see at night. My Teg now has 15% all the way around and 50% on the windshield. Might be a lil dark for most. I'd say 20-25% would be good
a96710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 01:08 AM   #6
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by a96710
You don't want it too dark on the rear cause it'll be hard to see out of.

Yeah, I have a hard time seeing out of my back window at night :o

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 10:28 AM   #7
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

i have 14% all around, i have to drive with my windows open at night

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 01:18 PM   #8
spoogenet

I have 37% all the way around (none on windshield). It's helpful during the day and not a hindrance at night. I personally think staying the same all around looks the best. Whether you go a tad below legal is your choice, I'm not sure how the cops are out there.

I wouldn't go any darker than 20%, even that's super dark on the rear.

b
Old 11-22-2002, 04:30 PM   #9
jonhenry15

I agree that the same all around looks best. I would go with 20% or 35%...it's plenty dark enough and you shouldn't have any legal troubles.
Old 11-29-2002, 01:18 PM   #10
FletchQ

I think that the same all around is good, but you can also have a slight difference and also make a good appearence, such as the legal limit here in VA 35% in the back and %50 up front, or 20% in the back and 35% up front, just none of the 5% in the back and 75% up front, just doesn't work.

I have 5% on the back and I have no problem seeing out at night, plus I like having it so dark that no one can see in my car. I have 28% up front, at least that is what the cop told me that I have...
Old 11-30-2002, 12:27 AM   #11
FletchQ

I would like to amend my previous post in light of my new situation, aka, state trooper gave me a ticket for "improper sunshading" about an hour ago.

legal....definetly legal....
Old 11-30-2002, 05:39 PM   #12
JamieS697

Well it depends where u live number one some districts are more strict than others also it depends on the cop you get.

I have 25% on my driver and passanger, and limo on the back two and the rear.

Ofcourse i got pulled over for something else but the cop wanted to screw me over so to make a long story short in court i was told that there is no legal tint on the passanger or driver besides the top 3 inchs. The back windows i was told can only be 35% which i thought was shit bc the guy that put it on said the back doesnt matter.

Best way to figure it out look what your district allows and doesnt allow it will save you a lot of trouble
Old 11-30-2002, 10:11 PM   #13
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i park a lot of cars and backing them up at night is very hard with a tint over 50%. my windows are clear, but i'm thinking of having them baked not tinted. they look better.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote