Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2006, 05:34 PM   #1
JCiv5291
1st Gear

Boost on a 92 accord lx

I have no mods, I just got this car for free, had to fix the tranny.
I was wondering if anyone knows how much boost can run through the stock engine, dont know engine code.....its a 2.2 SOCH 1992 Accord. I havent seen any turbo kits on the market for these so I found a turbo from a volvo for pretty cheap. Ive seen some well priced intercoolers and piping(universal) on ebay.
Any info is much appreciated to help me build my homeade turbo setup
JCiv5291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 05:38 PM   #2
IALuder

they make kits for the F22 accord motor. look harder. but if you do a junk yard setup i wouldnt buy ebay products.

i wouldnt run more the 7or8 psi on a stock motor.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 10:19 AM   #3
ShEaNy

yea there is a kit out there...i found it for the 90 - 93 accord..but its like 3grand i think...u could run 6 - 9psi on stock internals im guessing...ill try to find that site again today if i have time...its either greddy or garret that makes it..I think...
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 08:47 AM   #4
ncspack7civic
Parked

Hey you got the same car as my girlfriend and I think its an F22 if I'm not mistaken. If you really want to boost it then you need atleast the basics. They include:
1) a turbo manifold- can get pricie
2) a used turbo with no shaft play- get it from ebay or junkyard
3) FMU- or some kind of fuel management
4) intercooler- to reduce intake temp. and chance of detonation
5) wastegate & blow off valve(BOV)- the wastegate can be usually found as an internal wastegate on most turbos you get from the junkyard and the BOV can be usually snagged from the same car you get the turbo from, they both release the pressure in the system
6) downpipe- this is the pipe that comes off the turbo and connects to the rest of your exhaust, you get fancy here or just take it to your local muffler shop and they will make one for you
7) OIL FEED AND RETURN LINES- very important because if you go cheap on either one of these you are going to kill your turbo, your motor, or both so get it done right
8) the best thing to use is www.homemadeturbo.com that site has everything you can image so use it religiously.
I hope this helps you out man because whens its all done a turbod car is the best.
ncspack7civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 09:40 AM   #5
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

the f22 is an engine that can take a lot of abuse without getting damaged. you could use the turbo and manifold off an eclipse. you will only need to enlarge a bolt hole to attach it to the head.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 02:16 PM   #6
JCiv5291
1st Gear

Thanks for the input, just bought a cold air and exhaust for it. Seems to have helped a little but is by any means not quick enough for my liking. I will probally upgrade my ignition system, car just hit 100,000 miles yesterday. Feels like my suspention is going to need some work also. It looked all fu*&ed up when I jacked the car up to install the exhaust which went well except for two bolts that needed to be torched. What does a bolt on turbo do to those f22 motors. How much of a gain can I expect, it has no v-tec. Is 8 psi to much for that stock motor? I have the automatic tranny and wish I would have done a 5 speed conversion but have no idea of what that costs. Is there a way to get quicker shifts out of this stock tranny?
JCiv5291 is offline   Reply With Quote