::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2003, 10:56 PM   #1
DsBlu01CivEX

Rain

I am sooooo sick of the F**KING rain it's not even funny. It's been raining on the east coast now for like 2 months now. It won't quit. Out of the 31 days in May only 10 of them didn't have a drop of rain! 10 days without rain people!!!!! I'm surprised there haven't been more suicides around here lately. It's miserable. My car is all dirty and I never have a chance to wash it....my hair is just UNCONTROLLABLE (damn curly hair!), and it's just depressing. I'm sooooo moving to a place where it never rains and snow is not in the vocabulary unless you drive to higher elevations. Vegas here I come baby!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 11:00 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

heh i hear yeah. we haven't been spared from rain lately either. i think every day in may we got some rain.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 11:14 PM   #3
DsBlu01CivEX

I'm beginning to believe that the Farmer's Almanac people have their heads up their asses or smokin some really good sh!t....cuz they're sayin that the summer of 03 is supposed to be the "hottest summer on record" and yah well....this May was the coldest we've had since like 1953. I was sooo looking forward to this summer bein hot after the sh!tty winter we had....and I think Mother Nature is gonna let me down.

Old 06-08-2003, 11:18 PM   #4
pimpinprelude

man i am cumming up there on the 8th! i hope it quits!! jeez................
pimpinprelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 11:41 PM   #5
DsBlu01CivEX

Quote:
Originally posted by pimpinprelude
man i am cumming up there on the 8th! i hope it quits!! jeez................

The 8th of when? July?

Old 06-08-2003, 11:41 PM   #6
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

serious rain here today...big storms
day's tornado count: 3

at least my car was rinsed from the downpour
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 04:56 PM   #7
pimpinprelude

naww of june.... there is NOTHING to do up there!!! do u know of anything fun around??? iam going to ellwood* city.... the only thing thats arond is a putput place.... i dont think that will keep me busy for a week

Last edited by pimpinprelude : 06-09-2003 at 07:32 PM.
Old 06-09-2003, 05:25 PM   #8
Duckydos

Thought if we left early to go to the beach, we would beat the storms... Only got to stay for an hour or so.

(Oh, and Mods... why does the image size have to be so small in order to attach it? 400x600 is tiny)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg beach2.jpg (13.2 KB, 75 views)
Old 06-09-2003, 06:42 PM   #9
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

hi, rain?

ever heard of drifting? or.. powersliding atleast.

everyone loves the turbizzim.
TeriyakiBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 06:52 PM   #10
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by Duckydos
Thought if we left early to go to the beach, we would beat the storms... Only got to stay for an hour or so.

(Oh, and Mods... why does the image size have to be so small in order to attach it? 400x600 is tiny)

*points finger at chief* he is the only one who can chage that not the mods

Old 06-09-2003, 09:40 PM   #11
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

This just reinforces my belief that god hates Pennsylvania. Oh...and Kansas and New Jersey, too.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 09:47 PM   #12
DsBlu01CivEX

Quote:
Originally posted by pimpinprelude
naww of june.... there is NOTHING to do up there!!! do u know of anything fun around??? iam going to ellwood* city.... the only thing thats arond is a putput place.... i dont think that will keep me busy for a week

how far away is Pittsburg? I'm probably about a 5 hr drive away from that side of the state...so I really don't know what all is out there to do....

Old 06-10-2003, 07:27 AM   #13
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
This just reinforces my belief that god hates Pennsylvania. Oh...and Kansas and New Jersey, too.

Dude, I agree totally!
Old 06-10-2003, 08:54 AM   #14
msvtec14

Re: Rain

Quote:
Originally posted by DsBlu01CivEX
I am sooooo sick of the F**KING rain it's not even funny. It's been raining on the east coast now for like 2 months now. It won't quit. Out of the 31 days in May only 10 of them didn't have a drop of rain! 10 days without rain people!!!!! I'm surprised there haven't been more suicides around here lately. It's miserable. My car is all dirty and I never have a chance to wash it....my hair is just UNCONTROLLABLE (damn curly hair!), and it's just depressing. I'm sooooo moving to a place where it never rains and snow is not in the vocabulary unless you drive to higher elevations. Vegas here I come baby!!!!!

Hey, I hear you on all of this. Of course that one occasional nice day will occur in the week. On a work day. I'm in CT so I am not too far away from you. I messed up my hand pretty bad so I did not come to work yesterday and like 1/2 of the day here was really nice and then my boyfriend and I went to the shore to eat so that was cool that it was at least nice out for a part of the day. My car is a mess. It takes so long to clean it. I used to do it once every week or two depending on how dirty it gets. I have not done it in a month. It is just not worth it because it'll rain the next day. And what's up with this shit pollen?! Is it ever going to go away?
Old 06-10-2003, 12:50 PM   #15
SolPol

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED

Who DOESN"T hate Jersey?
Old 06-10-2003, 04:30 PM   #16
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by SolPol
Who DOESN"T hate Jersey?

Exactly...even people in New Jersey hate themselves. It's like the France of the United States.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 07:38 PM   #17
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

heh, i wanted to go to the track tonight ( first time ) just for fun and it started raining i was curious about the low 20's i'd run lol

Old 06-10-2003, 09:26 PM   #18
DsBlu01CivEX

I didn't choose to live in PA....so that doesn't mean that God hates me automatically....besides I plan on moving as soon as I have some $$ saved up. And I don't hate Jersey, I've only been there like 3 times, so I have no real reason to hate it.

And yes Missy the pollen is killing me!!! My car is like green now....it's blue paint, but with the yellow pollen coating it everyday it has now taken on a greenish tint. I haven't waxed my car yet this yr, I still have cinders all the carpet from winter. I just hate it...it blows.

On a good note though...today was absolutely gorgeous!!!!! Perfectly clear skies, light breeze, and in the low 80s. Couldn't have asked for a better day. And I lucked out cuz I had my internship today, so I got to spend the entire day outside

Old 06-10-2003, 09:49 PM   #19

you didn't spend the time washing your car on that nice day?
Old 06-10-2003, 11:01 PM   #20
pimpinprelude

I really don't know what all is out there to do.... me eather.....
Old 06-11-2003, 01:36 AM   #21
HndaTch627

it rains every other day here, and we've had 2 funnel clouds pass thru the northwest suburbs of chicago, we haven't had weather like this in at least 10-15 years....definitely gonna be a STRANGE summer...but it was nice for 24 hours, i got my car washed, claybared and waxed and then it started to rain ah well it still look good, gotta do it all over again though...damn i'm obsessed
Old 06-11-2003, 11:28 AM   #22

^^^ Same here...

It rained last night...I guess I'll be washing again.

Old 06-11-2003, 12:02 PM   #23
msvtec14

Eh, I can't bother w/that. Washing and washing and washing. Once my rims get wet and then I drive they're pretty much dirty again after that. My rims have 15 spokes. And they're not exactly straight spokes. They do this weird little curvy thing. I have carbon ceramic pads and the brake dust is minimal but I put about 20min into each rim. My car is a ***** to wax or even dry w/my body kit. My car is on the ground so I'm on the ground too when it comes to my front bumper and sideskirts. The rear is not bad at all. And it's weird because my sideskirts have like these little grooves that goes down where the skirt meets the car and puddles get in there and I have to get all that out. Bah. Too much. I come home from work and take that out when I go tanning or whatever. I've been driving my crasher with this shit weather.

Old 06-12-2003, 01:36 AM   #24
HndaTch627

Quote:
Originally posted by msvtec14
Eh, I can't bother w/that. Washing and washing and washing. Once my rims get wet and then I drive they're pretty much dirty again after that. My rims have 15 spokes. And they're not exactly straight spokes. They do this weird little curvy thing. I have carbon ceramic pads and the brake dust is minimal but I put about 20min into each rim. My car is a ***** to wax or even dry w/my body kit. My car is on the ground so I'm on the ground too when it comes to my front bumper and sideskirts. The rear is not bad at all. And it's weird because my sideskirts have like these little grooves that goes down where the skirt meets the car and puddles get in there and I have to get all that out. Bah. Too much. I come home from work and take that out when I go tanning or whatever. I've been driving my crasher with this shit weather.

you just need a well trained and dedicated b/f i put 8 straight hours into my car, now with the WICKED mosquito's it becomes increasingly hard to do. i have to do my car over again and use the HD Cleanse to pull all the dirt out of the paint and then clay bar it again...then wax it again. then i have to do my brothers civic and my mom's car...but i'll tell ya what wax with zymol products and you will NOT be disappointed.

brake dust, haha, Axxis Ultimates, DUST like hell, but stop like there is no tommorrow

jeremy

p.s.: have anypictures of the car?
Old 06-12-2003, 02:38 AM   #25

what works best for squished bugs on the front bumper?
Old 06-12-2003, 08:25 AM   #26
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by HndaTch627
you just need a well trained and dedicated b/f i put 8 straight hours into my car, now with the WICKED mosquito's it becomes increasingly hard to do. i have to do my car over again and use the HD Cleanse to pull all the dirt out of the paint and then clay bar it again...then wax it again. then i have to do my brothers civic and my mom's car...but i'll tell ya what wax with zymol products and you will NOT be disappointed.

brake dust, haha, Axxis Ultimates, DUST like hell, but stop like there is no tommorrow

jeremy

p.s.: have anypictures of the car?

I have a million pics of my car. But they're just normal ones. I don't have a dig camera. I really need to get someone to take some pics for me on one. My dad or something. This may sound shitty but I don't know that I would ever let my boyfriend clean my car for me. I'm way too particular. He's not a moron or anything. He's got his own cars to clean. I'm just way too O.C.D. about it. I really do enjoy cleaning my car... When it's nice out. Throw on some suntan lotion, get a 6 pack, throw on some music and spend some quality time w/my car. And it's a definite sense of accomplishment when it's all over with. But then it rains and then it gets all ruined and then I just get all pissed off because my work is ruined.

Member, I get the bugs off with a cottonball. I soak them in really hot water. And then w/tweezers, I just hold it on the bug because the hot water softens the bug. It takes a little while. You will need to repeat this. And you're going to need to run back in the house for more hot water. It's like when you have a really dirty dish that has dried crusty food on it and then you soak it in hot water.
Old 06-12-2003, 11:05 AM   #27
HndaTch627

Quote:
Originally posted by member
what works best for squished bugs on the front bumper?
honda pro cleaner, spray it on, let it sit for a minute or 2 and then wipe it clean with a lint free towel.

Jeremy
Old 06-12-2003, 11:42 AM   #28

alright thank you all...

BUT

what about those little dirt holes(?) on the front bumper?

they're small brown circles which i can't get off unless i use my nails to scratch them off...
Old 06-12-2003, 12:08 PM   #29
msvtec14

Can you be more specific about these dirt holes?
I am not sure what you mean.
Old 06-12-2003, 02:03 PM   #30
HndaTch627

Quote:
alright thank you all...

BUT

what about those little dirt holes(?) on the front bumper?

they're small brown circles which i can't get off unless i use my nails to scratch them off...
that's enviromental fallout, about the only way to get it off is with your thumb nail and some elbow grease. it's basically tree sap/dust/dirt all in one.

Jeremy
Old 06-12-2003, 02:45 PM   #31
msvtec14

Ok, how come right after I wash my car a million birds have to shit all over it? And it does not even look like a normal bird did it. It straight up looks like a pterodactyl did it.
Old 06-13-2003, 12:22 AM   #32

because it watches you wash it and then when you're not looking, they attack it...
Old 06-13-2003, 04:00 AM   #33
HndaTch627

Quote:
Ok, how come right after I wash my car a million birds have to shit all over it? And it does not even look like a normal bird did it. It straight up looks like a pterodactyl did it.
silver, blue or white makes them think they are over water and they shit when they are over water, and i have a platnium silver car so it get's shit on rarely frequently.

Jeremy
Old 06-13-2003, 07:41 AM   #34
msvtec14

Quote:
because it watches you wash it and then when you're not looking, they attack it...

LOL. I know, right? That's how it seems. Stupid birds. What do you guys think is the best way to remove those spots of bird shit w/o rewashing the whole car?
Old 06-13-2003, 11:01 AM   #35
HndaTch627

Quote:
LOL. I know, right? That's how it seems. Stupid birds. What do you guys think is the best way to remove those spots of bird shit w/o rewashing the whole car?
Zymol end detailer
Old 06-13-2003, 11:10 AM   #36
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

try having a green car, then talk bird shit. i had a silver subaru and i never had to clean a bird shit from it in 1 year that i had the car. now with the green accord i have to clean it almost every day. My brother has a blue car and he never had to clean it either, maybe once, but that is it. i guess my car is the shit

Old 06-13-2003, 12:51 PM   #37
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
try having a green car, then talk bird shit. i had a silver subaru and i never had to clean a bird shit from it in 1 year that i had the car. now with the green accord i have to clean it almost every day. My brother has a blue car and he never had to clean it either, maybe once, but that is it. i guess my car is the shit

I have a green car. I have a green car! And a red car. I'm going to do a study on which one gets shit on more by the birds.
Old 06-14-2003, 02:13 AM   #38
HndaTch627

Quote:
I have a green car. I have a green car! And a red car. I'm going to do a study on which one gets shit on more by the birds.
roflmfao!!'

please do let us know the results of said test
Old 06-14-2003, 01:13 PM   #39
pbateson

I have a black car the black colour it look clean, but it dirt from the rain.
Old 06-16-2003, 08:48 AM   #40
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by HndaTch627
roflmfao!!'

please do let us know the results of said test

Ok, this is going to become a real study. It will start today. I will wash both of my cars so we have a clean surface to work with and I will then check them in the morning and document any findings.