Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Body Modifications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2002, 09:37 PM   #1
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Spoiler Install

i got my spoiler a while back (3 months ago), and i want to install it. i wanted to know how hard it is to install. i never opened the instructions because i had thoughts of returning it back, but i decided that i want to keep it.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 09:38 AM   #2
Almighty-Si

It's really not that hard to install. There should be 2 pieces of rubber or some sort of material that goes between the spoiler and the trunk, what you want to do is, take that material put it on the trunk, get a couple of piece of tape and put it on top of the material but do not stick it to the trunk, now take the spoiler and put it on top of the material and slide the wing on the trunk to line up where you want to mount it...make sure it is straight and then stick the tape to the trunk lid. When you do that take the wing off and mark the holes that are in the material for where the screws go through and remove the material. Now take a punch or a nail and make a small indent on the marks now, start with a small drill bit and drill the holes and keep repeating this step till you get to your desired size. Put the material down, put the wing down, screw it in and make your wire connections and you're done....you just installed your wing.

DO NOT go and try to drill one time using the sized drill bit for the screw cause the bit will slip and scratch your trunk lid. Start small and take your time and you will be fine. Enjoy your wing !