::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2003, 10:51 PM   #1
TheBaron

shocks/struts for 94 civic

i'm looking to replace both the shocks and struts on my 94 civic hatch. my criteria are these:

1) whatever i put in needs to be acceptable for an h22a swap (granted i'm going to need to replace other crap, bear with me)

2) i don't want a big drop, as i'm not doing much body work, i want it to LOOK stock. about 1.5", preferably less than 2"

I was looking at either the tokico advance kit or tokico illumina's with eibach sportline's and a camber kit.

what do you recommend?

what else do i need for the above set-up, or what else do i need for whatever set-up you guys suggest to keep stuff from getting f***ed up?
Old 02-13-2003, 11:21 PM   #2
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

i love my tokico illumina Rs (coilovers). Id recommend them to anyone and the eibach springs are very good too...but if youre only dropping that far you MIGHT NOT need a camber kit, each car varies really...Im sittin 1.5 lower and I dont need a camber kit, but when I drop lower I will

you might want to look into new suspension bushings, depending on the status of the OE ones...which I assume are bad or damn close to it
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 11:29 PM   #3
96coupe

go for ground control coilovers w/ koni yellow struts. get the prelude spring rate for the gc's and you will be set
you might want a camber kit too to save money in the long run, i'd recommend ingall's
Old 02-14-2003, 09:43 AM   #4
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Hrm, for this you may want to go with Ground Control. You can order special spring rates so you dont have to worry about them being to soft.