Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2003, 01:05 AM   #1
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

FINALLY....A race worth writing home about

Ok...so usually when I'm driving the Mustang I don't get much shit 'cause it looks pretty stock and isn't too loud due to the turbo. But it's back in Kansas City while I'm in school so it only gets driven every other weekend or so (down here I've got the wicked '01 Sonoma...watch your ass...there's a small possibility it could bark the tires if I floored it). Well...there was a car show up at a Sonic there last weekend so I decided to go check it out. Low and behold I run into my old friend Dick. Dick is in his late 50s probably, but he used to help his wife do custodial stuff at my old job and he used to have a pretty damn good job setting up dealerships and he owns about a dozen cool cars (a turbo'ed 350 Belair, a twin turbo Calloway Corvette, a '67 Fairlane Thunderbolt GT w/ a 427, etc. etc.). But that day he's showing his Chevelle LS6. He tells me he's thinking about selling it and just had the motor redone. All he'd say was the heads got ported, new intake, carb, and cam. When I ask what kind or for specs he just smiles this shit-eating grin. So he says he wants to have a little fun with it before he sells it and he knows my car (hell...he helped put some of it together) so we find a deserted stretch of road and line up. He KILLS me off the line 'cause I pulled the front end a bit but once the boost kicked in I started to pull a bit and at 3rd gear we pulled nose to nose. By 4th gear we still hadn't moved an inch on each other so we shut it down around 115mph. I told him if he sold that car I'd put a price on his head. Guess I'm just lucky it wasn't the Calloway...HIS car was used in a Motor Trend article and was official clocked at over 200mph. It's scary fast...you can get it up to 30mph in first and nail the throttle and spin through 2nd and 3rd and hook in 4th if you're lucky. Ahhhh....good races make life worth living.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 10:59 AM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

heh, nice race

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 07:20 PM   #3
CD5Passion

sounds nice, just rode in my friends '87 5.0 v8 stang, black, loud as hell, I'm not sure what's under the hood but when you ride in it, and he shifts gears, you can feel that roll cage flex, it's so nice
the ***** whines like a turbo, but it's only the intake...man if I can get some pics I'd post them, he's selling it for around $6k I think, all redone, brand new tranny

i beleive he said he runs low 12's on the 1/4 mile
Old 09-14-2003, 07:30 PM   #4
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Low 12's for $6K? There's gotta be something wrong with it. Nobody would sell a good looking 12 second car for $6K unless they were either dumb or there was something wrong with it.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 09-14-2003, 09:00 PM   #5
Grip72

i've never driven a V8 car
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 11:51 PM   #6
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Yeah...going fast for cheap REALLY sucks...trust me. I can't tell you how much it pisses me off that I can run 10's for about $10K in suspension, engine, transmission, power adder, and electronics then drive it every day on the street cuz it's reliable as sunrise. It just plain sucks.