::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2003, 04:00 PM   #1
Civickid0to60

Not to be underestimated...

Im driving home today and i see this weird ass looking car in front of me. Two wings, and such. Turns out it was a new VW Beetle turbo. Well, I pull up next to it and see it has a body kit and a hood. I was thinking oh my got that is so gay and a guy was driving it so, i was like, oh my god he is so gay. LOL. Then we got to a redlight and matched up, I didn't even bother rolling my window down, and asking him to race. He revved his engine and his blow off valve went off. So I revved my engine (sounds really mean with my intake now on) and when the light changed he spun like a mother****er. I did as well, but I caught long before he did, i can really feel the difference now with the pulley upgrade, it pulls so much harder now, well I was like 2-21/2 cars in front of him and he started to gain quickly, I just kept on it, and he cut it down to about 1/2 a car, but then right as I went into 4th i just pulled and won by probably about 2 cars.

i was amazed at how fast that little thing was! I have a newfound respect for the little fellas. lol. The guy of course then did a flyby as most people around here do when they get beat. But, hey, let asses be asses. Mark another win up for the prizobe.
Old 08-30-2003, 06:01 PM   #2
nonovurbizniz

If you heard his bov chances are that the hood/body kit weren't his only mods...
Old 08-31-2003, 03:06 PM   #3
Civickid0to60

no shit. I was telling you what i saw.:o
Old 09-04-2003, 10:43 AM   #4
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Nice work...
Yeah they can be quick, but any GUY in a Beetle(turbo or not) has some issues. Guys shouldn't be driving those things.:o

Yeah he prob had a new DV(divertor vavle) and intake. Otherwise you wouldn't hear the 'psssht'. The VWs recirculate the air that is released from the DV instead of venting to the air. Whcih makes it quiet without an intake.
Old 09-04-2003, 12:52 PM   #5
guywithastang

[quote]Originally posted by Addict
[b]Nice work...
Yeah they can be quick, but any GUY in a Beetle(turbo or not) has some issues. Guys shouldn't be driving those things.:o

up yours

You say VTEC, I say V-8
guywithastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 04:04 PM   #6
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by guywithastang
up yours

[/b]

You drive a beetle? I wouldn't admit that in public if I were you.

jfwy..
Old 09-04-2003, 06:11 PM   #7
guywithastang

I dont anymore but I never had a car that was more fun( and the ladies loved it

You say VTEC, I say V-8
Old 09-04-2003, 07:30 PM   #8
Civickid0to60

ladies do like men with feminie sides.
Old 09-04-2003, 08:21 PM   #9
guywithastang

d**n strait

You say VTEC, I say V-8
Old 09-06-2003, 01:12 AM   #10
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Yeah...a guy driving a beetle is like a guy driving a Miata...I don't care what's under the hood it's just wrong. Those turbo things aren't worth a damn stock so I'm guessing it had some decent mods. They've also got the ultra-cool automatic spoiler that extends at 40+mph and retracts with a loud "thunk". Pieces of crap.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 08:32 PM   #11
drdingo21

not to be a dick. But a blow off valve on any volkswagon will hurt perfrmance more then help.

The VWs are equiped with a rather differnt MAF, so the ECU takes into account for all that extra air and it dumps enough fuel into the engine to compansate for it. So if you put a BOV on an VW then the ECU will be compansating for air that isn't there and make the car run rich.

However alot of people put a diverter valve and a CAI which does sound alot like a BOV.
drdingo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 10:01 PM   #12
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by drdingo21
not to be a dick. But a blow off valve on any volkswagon will hurt perfrmance more then help.

The VWs are equiped with a rather differnt MAF, so the ECU takes into account for all that extra air and it dumps enough fuel into the engine to compansate for it. So if you put a BOV on an VW then the ECU will be compansating for air that isn't there and make the car run rich.

However alot of people put a diverter valve and a CAI which does sound alot like a BOV.

Quote:
Originally posted by Addict
Yeah he prob had a new DV(divertor valve) and intake. Otherwise you wouldn't hear the 'psssht'. The VWs recirculate the air that is released from the DV instead of venting to the air. Whcih makes it quiet without an intake.
Old 09-09-2003, 08:45 AM   #13
drdingo21

Quote:
quote:
Yeah he prob had a new DV(divertor valve) and intake. Otherwise you wouldn't hear the 'psssht'. The VWs recirculate the air that is released from the DV instead of venting to the air. Whcih makes it quiet without an intake.

Oh i bet you think your cool.

jfwy, my fault i should have read the whole thread
drdingo21 is offline   Reply With Quote