::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2002, 07:48 AM   #1
Jakethesnake

Something to think about

Well last night was i talking to an old friend. He's really into mucle cars and so we somehow go to the topic racing each other...i dont really have anything in my car right now, but like in two summers these are the things i want in:
H22a swap
AEM intake
Tanabe racing medallion cat back exhaust
Short shifter
New clutch kit
flywheel
Apex'i coilover kit (damn expensive)
Rims
maybe a turbo for the new engine
pulleys
some kind of brake kit
and some other minor things...
he said he is goign to be pulling in two summer over 400hp on his mucle car...with all the crap that i'm putting in...you guys think i might have a chance???

p.s: oh yeah maybe even NOS....but i dont know if i'll go that drastic...
Old 03-21-2002, 09:26 AM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i think that you might have a chance, but you need more hp. all the muscle cars are RWD and that is an advantage over our FWD accords even if we push the same hp as him.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 12:54 PM   #3
Jakethesnake

So you think that even with like the turbo on the h22a...i'll still need more hp???....you think NOS will help??
Old 03-21-2002, 01:04 PM   #4
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

If you rebuild the engine..

And with a turbo, there are no limits..
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 01:33 PM   #5
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

You'll need a strong rebuild and a huge turbo, but anything's possible.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 02:34 PM   #6
Jakethesnake

hehe....i really dought that i'll get a turbo...expecially living here in vermont when it snows 8 out of the 12 months of the year, so i wont really be able to see the potental it might have...but thanx for the input and i'll keep you guys posted and show pics of my car as it gets fixed up and pimped out.
Old 03-23-2002, 08:34 PM   #7
Maxvla

sounds like a cool project.
you could always beat his car with a major internal buildup and a big-ass turbo. boost oh.. say 20 pounds... lol. you'd walk.
Old 03-23-2002, 08:36 PM   #8
Maxvla

ps. talk to the guys at the fab shop about weight reduction. they may be able to refit your car with lighter parts. the biggest disadvantage you have is your car weighs alot.
Old 03-24-2002, 11:19 AM   #9
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by Maxvla
ps. talk to the guys at the fab shop about weight reduction. they may be able to refit your car with lighter parts. the biggest disadvantage you have is your car weighs alot.

and the muscle cars are not the lightest either

Old 03-24-2002, 02:58 PM   #10
iamsparticuz

Im basically thinking about doing the same thing. Im going to swap for an h22a and adjust the i/h/e. So far i dont know to what for the h/e but ive heard that aem cold air is the best for intake.. is jdm1 reliable and jack have u done anything yet?
Old 03-25-2002, 07:21 AM   #11
Jakethesnake

I dont even know if your talking to me but i'll answer your question...even before the swap i'll probably get a aem cold air and an exhaust....i've talked to people at this forum and they said not to get headers becuase they canted be swapped between the engines. i havn't done any yet, but as soon as i get some money, parts will be rollin in. Where are you planning on getting your engine?? and how much for it and install
Old 03-25-2002, 04:12 PM   #12
HondaAdict

Hmmm

Usually Hondas racing SOME I said SOME Muscle cars don't mix. Like beefed up camaro with the blower sticking out of the hood racing a pimped out civc usually. But I have been surprised alot!!!

But yeah about your H22A swap there is a new web site starting up www.h22a.com that is going to have everything to know about a h22a
Old 03-25-2002, 05:54 PM   #13
bckwld94acc

ok i'm having a hard time understanding why most of your are so set on accords being overweight. Mine weighs roughly 3000 lbs. It may not be del sol light but compared to my moms mustang that weighs around 3500 lbs. I think the accord is pretty good on weight. I also undetstand that the mustang has v8 torque but you still very rarely see a mustang have problems with handling. just sparking conversation, not tryin to sound like a dumbass. so if some1 could shed some light on this, that would be great.
Old 03-25-2002, 06:33 PM   #14
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i think that is the net weight of the car, plus the spare, tools that you might have in the trunk, and if u have few extra pounds around your waist it becomes a problem. i don't think the accord has some serious weight issues, and what is the difference in weight between the f and h series ? 80 lbs ? 100 ?

Old 04-10-2002, 05:00 PM   #15
Leisyman

Do NOT buy anything from JDM1. These people are unscrupulous and do not follow up on their promises! It has been 9 months since I ordered a B18C swap from Shaan and I still have not received all the parts supposedly included with the swap. In addition, I ordered an OBD1 swap and received an OBDII. Then they expected me to pay to ship all the incorrect stuff back before they would ship replacements. I am seeking legal action against JDM1. They cost me an additional $2000 in parts for the defective or missing parts.
In addition, I have never received proof that the engine is legal. I suspect that it is not and have submitted my info to federal authorities, as the engine was shipped across international boundaries

A word to the wise, don't waste your money and time.
Let the BUYER BEWARE!