Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2003, 01:57 PM   #1
Slody 4 Futbol

Spraying foam for sound deadening??

Hey Guys,
My dad works offshore and he just came home. He brought me a tank and hose kit with the spray expanding foam they use to deaden walls and stuff out there. I was thinking about using this in my Integra instead of spending over $100 on sheets of sound deadening. Has anyone done this?? Where all should I spray? I'm thinking all in the trunk along the walls but not a lot because it expands. And also inside the doors along the bottoms. Any other ideas? Thanks!
Old 03-21-2003, 02:00 PM   #2
drumboy69

Hi,

There is this really good stuff spray stuff designed for automotive audio needs by Cascade Audio. If you type these words in a search engine, it should give you bunch of hits on where to buy it from. Most audio installer shops carry it.

Personally, I would only use it in hard to reach places. Besides, the stuff your dad brought you is made for walls not cars. You have to consider the fact that you need to have access to various cables in the trunk, plus there are vent holes that need to stay open and stuff. Even in car doors, there are mechanical pieces, glass, etc. You simply may not have any control over that stuff.

There is this company in Canada that sells good deadening stuff. It is better and cheaper than dynamat. The guy who owns it is very knowlegeable and willing to help. Check it out at:

http://www.b-quiet.com/index.html[color=orangered]

I got the B-quiet stuff and I am lining my whole trunk with it to silence the exhaust sound and subwoofer rattles. It's more time consuming than spraying stuff, but I think it will look cleaner and work better.

Good luck!
Old 04-20-2003, 02:01 PM   #3
sc0rch

check fatmat or deadskin too.....fatmat is pretty cheep.....and also.....for stuff that isnt going to bee seen you can use ruberized undercoating in a spray can......you just have to let it sit for a while b4 i completelt dries or else put it somewhere that doesnt isnt touched verymuch...........but that shit works great.....i sprayed it all over my trunk in my old car and it worked so well i only had to use a little bit of dynamat