::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > New Kid on the Block
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2002, 10:47 PM   #1
Leprechaun6907

New question about exhaust

Hi i am new to this forum or any forum at all and would like some feedback on how to improve performance on my new honda civic 96 dx. I have made alot of interior mods fully redoing the sound system head unit tint alot of the cosmetics of the car. I do not know alot about cars but I dont have alot of money and the money i do get is going right into the car. right now i am getting a universal muffler by ractive. Is this compatible with my car? and if so will it give me a good sound or an annoying raspy one it has a 4.5 inch tip with 2.5 inch in the front after this i plan on redoing the whole system when i have enough money. Will this improve sound performance?
Old 03-05-2002, 01:27 PM   #2
Mr Sleeper

well it all depends on what you mean by sound. Some people like the loud sound, while others are quite the opposite. What do you want in an exhaust note? If you want to hear your stereo, a loud sounding exhaust note will be intolerable. Get a quiet one. Greddy makes a couple of them. With the exhaust you are asking about, I have no idea what they sound like. I am sure someone else can answer this for me.
Old 03-05-2002, 03:01 PM   #3
4jacks

Yes, your muffler will fit your car,

There are a couple options you have though!

1) Put the muffler on... You will notice a little increase in volume of sound and a LIL deeper tone.

2) Put the muffler on... Have them straight Pipe your Resinator, You will notice more Volume than (1)
A Resonator is a second muffler that is under your car, just another little hump in the exhaust pipe.

3)Have them put on the muffler w/ 2 1/4" pipe back to the Cat, No resonator of course, You'll have the Deepest sound you can get out of your 4-Banger, and it will be Loud, ... A nice stereo w/o subs will drown it out for you, Others on the road will hear you coming though

Having number (3) is going run you around $200... number one $60 ... that what it goes for in my area..

Also is your Muffler a Straight thru design, A 2 chamber , or 4 chamber, .... If it is a 4 chamber, return it , it will sound like a Moped, if it's a 2 chamber .. well it's your call I think a Honda will sound a little Nasal. You'll get the best sound from a Straight Thru.

Welcome to the board ! I hope I helped, If you got cosmetics on your ride, why dont you go snap some digitals and post em up here, I'm sure I can say We would All love to See.

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 08:54 PM   #4
Leprechaun6907

Thanx for the info here is the link to the muffler http://www.nopionline.com/universalp... Style&Level5=

Its the one for 96 bucks with the 4.5" tip I will probably do what you said on number 3 if you can check it out and give me some feedback thanx
I do plan on taking some pics and posting them after i get this done
Old 03-06-2002, 04:21 PM   #5
4jacks

yea, I'm almost positive its staight through, there's generaly no room for chambers in the round one. NOT a bad deal at all, though I always recomend checking Ebay too ! If you haven't purchased it already.

Well Best of Luck with IT ! Remember to tell the exhaust guy you dont want the Resonator, cause he'll charge you more for it! And dont forget the Pics !

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 11:11 PM   #6
Leprechaun6907

Thanx for the info I set up an appointment for this week you helped alot thanx again.