::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2004, 09:15 PM   #1
STL-A-KD-EX

Want 200 HP at the wheel's... With a 1.7

Just lookin for some thoughts on how to accomplish my goal of approximatly 200 HP to the wheels and I wanna do this with out
N20 and Turbo/Super, I got some dyno time scheduled next week after I get my Header and Exhaust all put on, so now I have the basic's CAI,Header,Downpipe,2 1/4 catback, and some underdrive pullys, any info would be greatly appreciated thanks for the Insperation guys and gals!!! PEACE
Old 07-21-2004, 11:38 PM   #2
cmM_EX

Turbo or Supercharger...

You can get to 200hp n.a. as well, but it would take a lot more money and a lot more time.

Slap on a turbo and you'll have the power you want. That is the route I am taking.
Old 07-22-2004, 06:22 AM   #3
Honda_Tengoku

dpends on what u want. Nitrous is the cheapest and easiest way to make your goal. A good NX wet kit and a 75 shot will get u there with a few other bolt ons. As far as turbo kits goes they are expensive, but can be cheaper in the long run (dont have to fill up nitrous bottles). The only issue with turbo is u will have to get rid of that brand new header u just bought. Sounds like u dont want to do that. As far as naturally aspirated goes, 200 WHP D17 is very hard to build. After spending thousands and thousands of dollars building the bottom end, balancing it and throwing in a crazy high lift high duration cam, serious port job on the head (like a DPR stage 6), very high comression, and much much more u might make 200 WHP, but unfortunately it wont be streetable. It will be a drag only engine. I would reccomend some sort of forced induction if u want that power level out of a D series. As far as which one the choice is yours. THere are disadvantages and advantages to every one.
Old 07-22-2004, 03:20 PM   #4
soundspeed

I could be mistaken, but I don't think there is a complete turbo kit for your car, so you would have to mix and match parts, and I haven't realy seen that many D17's with a turbo kit so who knows how well it would work. Like Honda_Tengoku said, a 200hp all motor D17 would not be streetable. I'd go with nitrous or see if jackson racing or vortech have a supercharger kit for your motor.

The Only Replacement For Displacement...Is Technology
soundspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 03:58 PM   #5
cmM_EX

http://www.turbo-kits.com/civic_turbo_kits.html

There is one for the D17... probably more out there, just have to dig deep enough.
Old 07-22-2004, 04:30 PM   #6
STL-A-KD-EX

Turbo and N20 are the cheepest and streetable hmmm, what kind of motor swap would you guys suggest??? Thanks for the link to Tubo-kits, that is the only one I have found so far also, any one interested in a complete D17 with less than 6k on the odometer HAHA!! thanks guys!
Old 07-22-2004, 04:40 PM   #7
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

swap?
jdm k20 itr
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 05:29 PM   #8
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

I've never seen a D series hit 200 WHP, all motor. Even with a B18C, expect to spend way more than you would on a turbo, and get half as much out of it.

If you want to build an all motor car, get a B18C. If you want to go turbo, get a B18A/B.
2ndGenTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 06:41 PM   #9
STL-A-KD-EX

hmmm
Old 07-22-2004, 08:17 PM   #10
soundspeed

That's the first turbo kit I've ever seen for that motor, seems very complete. I agree with pdigg, if you do swap the motor go with that one.

The Only Replacement For Displacement...Is Technology
soundspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 08:19 PM   #11
AzCivic

just get a decent turbo kit and you'll have 200hp easily.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 09:19 PM   #12
STL-A-KD-EX

Here's a off topic question for AzCivic or anyone that has LSD is a must have item or is it something that you really dont need I have wanted one for quite sometime now but it is really hard to find one for a 02 civic :( thanks
Old 07-22-2004, 09:50 PM   #13
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

its hard to find any performance parts for the 01+'s....since theyre not designed in anyway to be performance vehicles

I wouldnt call it a necessity...just something cool and functional
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 12:45 AM   #14
AzCivic

yeah, its good to have but don't worry about not having one, its not that big a deal. although its nice to feel the car pull through turns.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 02:27 PM   #15
STL-A-KD-EX

I hear that