Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2004, 06:01 AM   #1
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Wanna come to America?

Then do it legally, you fucks. Otherwise shit like this happens. Fucking pathetic.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 07:42 AM   #2
IALuder

yea i read that in the paper this morning. stupid assholes. i hope they all get killed. its a good thing im not border patroll. i would accidently shoot them.

i hate mexicans. period.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 12:43 PM   #3
Kyle
elyK

Quote:
Originally posted by SFKing

i hate mexicans. period.

thats pretty harsh man...do you mean you hate all illegal immigrants or all people who's family comes from mexico?

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 04:05 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i really don't know what to say. maybe make the mexico gov't pay for all the mess but that might be their entire budget for 2005. maybe they should give those fuckers working visas so they can pay taxes like the rest of us

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 05:31 PM   #5
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Well...to clarify...I don't have any problem with people who come here legally. In fact I applaude them for not being so disrespectful as to skirt a countries laws that they want to be a part of. But once you do it illegally....go fuck yourself.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 10-17-2004, 07:43 PM   #6
IALuder

i hate all illegal immagrants.

if you lived in iowa youd would know why. we got it the worse.

Old 10-17-2004, 07:45 PM   #7
Kyle
elyK

dude, i live in south texas. how could you have it worse?

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 10-17-2004, 07:48 PM   #8
CD5Passion

LMAO, Kyle does have a point Ben
Old 10-17-2004, 07:52 PM   #9
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
Well...to clarify...I don't have any problem with people who come here legally. In fact I applaude them for not being so disrespectful as to skirt a countries laws that they want to be a part of. But once you do it illegally....go fuck yourself.

i couldn't agree with you more man.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 08:08 PM   #10
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyle
dude, i live in south texas. how could you have it worse?

Haha...I remember my days living in Houston and seeing "The Big Green Van" all over the place. And Ben...trust me...it's bad everywhere. My days spent in SoCal made me furious. It's bad in KC too. Hell...there's a whole section of downtown that speaks NO english. It's ridiculous.

Old 10-17-2004, 08:12 PM   #11
mavaaoife

Stay in yoru own damn country or come legally assholes...

Http://www.myspace.com/tehren84
mavaaoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 09:03 PM   #12
MissJDM

Quote:

Hm, my parents came to the states during the vietnam war via boat. They're both US citizens now, both own their own business, pay taxes, yadda yadda yadda. Point being, they were illegal and I'm fine with it. [shrugs]

you say it best when you say nothing at all
MissJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 09:23 PM   #13
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by MissJDM
Hm, my parents came to the states during the vietnam war via boat. They're both US citizens now, both own their own business, pay taxes, yadda yadda yadda. Point being, they were illegal and I'm fine with it. [shrugs]

the us laws have some loopholes in them and you can become a legal immigrant. plus earlier in the day things were a lot easier for illegal immigrants. but now if you look at it the southern americans seem to have more rights than anyone in the us. They even want classes and public offices to be biligual. guess what i don't give a shit about it. i already know 2 languages and i can speak english just fine, but don't make me learn spanish because your lazy ass doesn't wanna learn english.

Old 10-17-2004, 09:29 PM   #14
Kyle
elyK

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
but don't make me learn spanish because your lazy ass doesn't wanna learn english.

exactly...i hate that most illegals don't even make any effort to learn the language.

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 10-17-2004, 09:30 PM   #15
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Point being, they were illegal and I'm fine with it. [shrugs]

I'm guessing a the reason you're fine with it has a lot to do with the fact that you weren't born in post-war Vietnam.

Old 10-17-2004, 09:32 PM   #16
Kyle
elyK

Quote:

I think in situations like this it is ok...i mean it's wrong according to the law, but i don't have a problem with someone coming over here because their lives depended on it.

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 10-17-2004, 09:39 PM   #17
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyle
but i don't have a problem with someone coming over here because their lives depended on it.

This is also true. There's a difference between coming here to avoid being shelled and shot at when compared to coming here to take a minimum wage job. Well...ideologically...not legally. My ex's dad came here illegally (from Mexico) but eventually became a citizen. In all honesty after she told me that I lost a bit of respect for him.

Old 10-17-2004, 09:43 PM   #18
Kyle
elyK

Quote:
In all honesty after she told me that I lost a bit of respect for him.

It's kinda understandable.
on another note...i heard somebody was making a movie called a day without mexicans to show what the world would be like if mexicans never existed...i think it'd be interesting...but it could just sound like a broken record.

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 10-17-2004, 10:28 PM   #19
IALuder

if its war torn country i can understand. except the bosians. send them back. that was never that bad. i dont understand why we let them in.

but it also pisses me off when we let them illegaly then give them money and have them not pay taxes for 20yrs. that bullshit. if your coming here for any reason make it on your own.

Old 10-18-2004, 12:55 AM   #20
MissJDM

I work at a bank and we were talking about this over the weekend..
if you come to america, shouldn't you expect to register your life with our customs, therefore learning the language? We have so many people who come into our banking center EXPECTING to be helped in spanish and expecting to fill out all paperwork in spanish. I just don't get it, why do we revolve everything about these people? Everything from crest whitening strips [just bought 'em] to packets of kids markers or crayons. As previously stated, my parents came from Vietnam and as hard and painful it was to learn english and live the way we live here, they did it, they don't expect translators at their every day meetings.

I understand that the older people will have a difficult time with the new language, but seriously, so many of those mexicans don't even ATTEMPT to learn, they all have their generation Y children follow them everywhere to translate.

pos.

pisses me off.

you say it best when you say nothing at all
MissJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 01:50 AM   #21
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Well I don't think they should have to culturally adapt to our way of life. I was just saying the other day that it's a shame that so many minorities in this country have no idea of their own cultures customs, celebrations, etc. When was the last time you saw a big parade for the Day Of The Dead other than on the news? It happens, but not too often. But language is a must if you want to live here. It's basic politeness and communication. I mean...I can speak a fair amount of spanish, but if someone approaches me and just assumes I know it then I'll act like I don't get a word of it. If they make an attempt to be polite and ask me if I speak it, then I'll probably make it a little easier on them and speak it. That goes for Americans abroad as well. I've known so many jackasses that have gone to other countries just assuming that they won't need to know the native language because they figure they'll speak english. This is true of some countries...until you get into the countryside. Then you're fucked...and rightfully so.

Old 10-18-2004, 10:30 AM   #22
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

yeah, my dad can't learn english for some reason and he lived here for 6 years and some now. I still have to make the calls for him and sometimes go and translate for him. It's really a pain in the ass to do follow him everywhere and do shit for him, but i guess i have to get used to that. on the other hand my mom knows a fair amount of english and she does quite well but she is just too afraid to speak because she might fuck up. on some occasions i let her do the talking because i just refused and she did just fine. i think the bottom end is that some people have a hard time learning a new language, and some of too lazy to do so.

Ohh and has anyone noticed a trend that most illegals are knocking on this country as hard as they can ? Well no one is keeping you here, so if you don't like it just go the fuck back where you came from and stop causing problems