.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2004, 07:16 PM   #41
CD5Passion

on the topic of sex and sin, weren't priests forbidden to marry or to have sex, nuns too...you know the deal life with chastity. so if this is a practice please tell me why it is so, if sex is not a sin.
and AZ obviously he has a lot on his mind as do a few other of us. making long posts is a method used to get the point across with little to no holes in the story or opinion. if you are unwilling to read everything he has to say and take it to mind without scoffing and pushing it to the side then you have no business being in a thread like this....although I get the feeling you are being offended by what we believe is the truth.
Old 10-17-2004, 07:17 PM   #42
mavaaoife

Urgg religon sucks...

Http://www.myspace.com/tehren84
mavaaoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 07:57 PM   #43
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by Shardsofxapril
on the topic of sex and sin, weren't priests forbidden to marry or to have sex, nuns too...you know the deal life with chastity. so if this is a practice please tell me why it is so, if sex is not a sin.

Ok...here's the historical aspect. First of all, only priests, to my knowledge, are forbidden to marry/fornicate. Most ministers and pastors are allowed to get married. have kids, etc. But in early catholicism priests COULD get married and all that jazz. With only services on Sundays the rule was that you were not allowed to "lay with a woman" 24 hours before you gave a sermon. Then they started holding masses more and more often...to the point where one was held everyday. At this point it was sort of useless to have a wife since you couldn't nail her because you gave mass everyday. There were also, in the background, arguements over who got land and property when a priest died...the church or his wife. This was a product of the greed and power-hunger that was extremely present in early christianity and is still alive and well to some extent today (for proof, look up the Albigensian Inquisitions against the Cathars in 12th century southern France...a blatant grab for money and land, who cares how many people die?). Basically it's all a play on how the catholic church views women as filthy and second class. Way to go, Captain Pope-tastic.

And Az...do whatever you want. But (for once) we're not argueing. I'm just stating my opinions in what I hope are constructive ways and I'm eager to get a perspective from the other side of the table. But hey...your decisions are your own as to whether or not you want to read what I've got say.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 08:46 PM   #44
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
What...you want me to apologize for articulating my opinions? I don't think so. The only reason they're as long as thery are is to convey said opinions in a clear manor. Don't wanna read it? Fine...I'm not going to stop.

Oh...and technically, in most churches sex is a sin even in marriage if it's for any other reason than procreation. "god" forbid you should ever do it for pleasure.

huh? i didnt say apologize. but i'm not going to waste my time reading through a bunch of crap just to find the few points you're trying to make.

again, you all must be going to some weird ass churches.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 08:49 PM   #45
AzCivic

Quote:
and AZ obviously he has a lot on his mind as do a few other of us. making long posts is a method used to get the point across with little to no holes in the story or opinion. if you are unwilling to read everything he has to say and take it to mind without scoffing and pushing it to the side then you have no business being in a thread like this....although I get the feeling you are being offended by what we believe is the truth.

catholisism, hmm we've already touched on that.

i dont sit in a conversation and let someone ramble on for 10minutes about something, nor will i read through a bunch of crap and waste more of my time on an already waste of time activity.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 09:41 PM   #46
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

ok from now on i will be the god of hondaism. all non believers will spend their after life in VTEC hell.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 09:44 PM   #47
Kyle
elyK

all hail stefan...lol:o

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 10:27 PM   #48
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
ok from now on i will be the god of hondaism. all non believers will spend their after life in VTEC hell.

And I shall develop turbology...mostly for tax write-offs.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 10-18-2004, 01:32 AM   #49
CD5Passion

oh oh can I be admitted into the glorious religion?
Old 10-18-2004, 01:35 AM   #50
mavaaoife

me too me too

Old 10-18-2004, 01:53 AM   #51
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Lol...which one? I'll tell you right off...my only rules will be that you do whatever you feel like doing so long as you praise the almighty turbo first. The turbo does not judge you. The turbo loves you unconditionally (unless it's too hot outside). The turbo is not perfect, but it's replaceable as well as upgradeable. Oh...and the holy trinity of turbology...the turbo, intercooler, and blowoff valve. Amen.

Et nomine turbo, et intercooler, et blowoff valve.

Last edited by GT40FIED : 10-18-2004 at 09:01 PM.
Old 10-18-2004, 02:00 AM   #52
mavaaoife

hail the turbo!!!

Old 10-19-2004, 12:50 AM   #53
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Damn straight.

Old 10-19-2004, 02:42 PM   #54
CD5Passion

does the turbo have any commandments?
Old 10-19-2004, 03:13 PM   #55
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
does the turbo have any commandments?

1. the compression shalt not exceed 10psi.
2. Shalt not run lean.
3. the turbo shalt be cooled
4. the intercooler shalt be higly visible
5. Shalt "kill" ricers
6. the exhaust shalt not be restrictive

Old 10-19-2004, 04:15 PM   #56
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Whoa whoawhoa....who heading up this religion buddy?

Old 10-19-2004, 04:48 PM   #57
Wren57

I appoint HKS to be the new Catholic Church of Turboism. SP performance, Greddy, Turbonetics and the rest will be different denominations.
Old 10-19-2004, 05:13 PM   #58
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by highlander
I appoint HKS to be the new Catholic Church of Turboism. SP performance, Greddy, Turbonetics and the rest will be different denominations.

Really? I didn't think HKS was that screwed up. But no...the denominations shall be dilineated between different manufacturers with Garrett being the most important, followed by Turbonetics, and so on with KKK and IHI rounding the bottom out. I have spoken.

Old 10-19-2004, 05:48 PM   #59
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
Whoa whoawhoa....who heading up this religion buddy?

i was just trying the help GOD