::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2003, 01:28 PM   #1
Lostboy

Looking for 95-01 Geru

I've been out of SCC for about 6 years now working on my SUV. I have now graduated college and commute to work 80mi round trip everyday. I AM going to buy a civic soon, but I have no idea of which to procure. I am very mechanically inclined, and have been working on engines for 11 years. I am looking for an engine/car that can be modified with outstanding Low/HIgh End yeilds. Can you help. Money isn't a problem, keeping the objective as a civic 2 dr is.
Quote:
When your right, your right!
Old 02-13-2003, 02:38 PM   #2
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

well if money isnt a prob and you want -01 I assume youre gonna get a 99-00 Si...Build the engine right and SC or Turbo it, your call on that one...dont ask me much more than that because its really up to you...Im no guru, other people will be more able to help with the mechanicals like inards and how to do it right
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 04:57 PM   #3
96coupe

it really depends if you want to swap engines or if the stock engine will do. if you don't want to swap i would get a 99-00 si, or even the newer si's if money is no object. both of these cars are a good starting point. my preference would be the 99-00 si's. i would build the block and head, slap on a turbo and call it a day.
as for a car to swap an engine into. eg/ek coupe is a good platform. the stock motors are kind of weak, so to make big power you should swap to a b-series(type r/gsr). or i have heard the k-series engines can bolt into the 01+ coupes so that would be nice, but very expensive.
i could get into more details depending on which car or swap you are looking into
Old 02-13-2003, 08:50 PM   #4
sohc_vtec 2NR

i think its really up to you about what you wanna do since the money is not an issue... to answer your question here is a short list i have compiled...

1. buy an older(lighter) chassis and swap a new engine (b/h series)

2. buy a fairly new chassis (99-00 si) and SC/turbo it

3. if you don't like the si and u like the new chassis then swap the engine of your choice and SC/turbo it

i'd do a research and see which option would be the most practical and also the best bang-for-the-buck...money may not be an option but the extra money you save can be used to further modify your car....