::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2003, 05:56 PM   #1
Shot 2 Hel

Racers Against Street Racing

It is an orginazation of various car manufacturers, aftermarket companies, etc. that are against street racing and have created an orginazation to say their voice

www.racersagainststreetracing.org
Old 03-28-2003, 06:24 PM   #2
RU_Teg

yeah i just got the new issue of HCI magazine yesterday and they always have a poster in their magazine for us to take out and the poster was of some dudeds from "racersagainststreetracing"...I was very mad about that b/c I wasnt expecting some idiots on my poster, i want a civic or type r to post up on my wall with the rest of the cars...
Old 03-28-2003, 06:28 PM   #3
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

wasnt that at the end of that mtv special??
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 06:36 PM   #4
RU_Teg

Yeah i think it was..where the guys parents that had passed away were promoting it at the track..i think...
Old 03-28-2003, 08:39 PM   #5
Shot 2 Hel

i dunno I got it from HCI, i was kinda mad too. but I did find out that Memphis has a track so i guess thats a good thing. But I'm not really for or against street racing, ill street race, but I do it somewhat responsibly. Im afraid that if i go to the track I would either get laughed out of there or i would embarass myself. But I say if you can go to the track go for it
Old 03-28-2003, 09:08 PM   #6
RU_Teg

Quote:
Originally posted by Shot 2 Hel
i dunno I got it from HCI, i was kinda mad too. but I did find out that Memphis has a track so i guess thats a good thing. But I'm not really for or against street racing, ill street race, but I do it somewhat responsibly. Im afraid that if i go to the track I would either get laughed out of there or i would embarass myself. But I say if you can go to the track go for it

yeah...the closest track to NY is the track in NJ...englishtown...Raceway Park...most of the people who go there have really fast cars so it would be pointless for some of the street racing cars here in NY to go to the track just to get their ass handed to them so we go street racing at night on weekends to have a chance...I go to the races to watch the races but i dont race myself...I will eventually this summer when i have more mods on my teg but i kno for sure I will be really scared and Ima try to not do it too often for my own safety...street racing is okay with me as long as people dont be stupid or drink or smoke b4 they go to the races and put others in danger...
Old 03-29-2003, 01:08 PM   #7
blind34_1

there needs to be more tracks everywhere. Some company needs to open up chains of 1/4 mile tracks.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 01:21 PM   #8
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Interesting. I wish I could open a "chain" of 1/4 mile tracks.

----MOVED to OT------------
Old 03-29-2003, 01:42 PM   #9
blind34_1

I mean like a franchise almost. You know how there is at least one autozone or advance auto in every town. Same deal, except finding land and getting proper insurance is the worst issue. The demand is here!
Old 03-29-2003, 07:00 PM   #10
RU_Teg

Quote:
Originally posted by blind34_1
I mean like a franchise almost. You know how there is at least one autozone or advance auto in every town. Same deal, except finding land and getting proper insurance is the worst issue. The demand is here!

yeah uv'e got a point about the land and insurance...but it would be nice to have more tracks around...i mean closest track to me is in NJ...about a hour and 30 minutes away...but when we go in my boys b16/b20z hatcback we get there quicker..
Old 03-30-2003, 01:00 AM   #11
Duckydos

Quote:
Originally posted by Shot 2 Hel

I am really going to bite my tounge and not say anything.... ok, I can't help myself! If you think that you'll be laughed at with the track (ie, your car is slow) then what are you proving on the street? That your 18 second car and beat that 18 second car?

RASR is nothing new, they've been around well over a year (before I stopped visiting streetracing.org)... but instead of writing out a huge essay, just go here: http://www.streetracing.com/articles...view.asp?id=32 which pretty well sums up my beliefs on the whole thing as well...

As for no legal tracks, you need to get organized and talk to your local politicians. There is a trend where cities are building government funded skate parks, in hopes to get kids off the street and into a structured enviroment; I don't see why city's can't do the same thing w/ cars.
I know out in Cali, they have special events on Friday or Saturday night, where a private company contracted by the city will go to a large parking lot (like at a mall, convention center, or arena) and set up a 1/8 or 1/4 mile track. Kids can go to these tracks and race for $2 / run, get timeslips, all that good stuff. The cops are there and things usually go pretty smooth. That is one LEGAL alternative to street racing...

In all, you cannot justify street racing. It is illegial and dangerous (as statistics AND personal experience shows). But the temptation is too strong, and we all give into it at one point and time. Like Shot 2 Hel you must be responsible when you decide to street race...

-Ducky
Old 03-30-2003, 04:36 PM   #12
Shot 2 Hel

Quote:
Originally posted by Duckydos
I am really going to bite my tounge and not say anything.... ok, I can't help myself! If you think that you'll be laughed at with the track (ie, your car is slow) then what are you proving on the street? That your 18 second car and beat that 18 second car?

-Ducky

thats the reason i dont street race often, MAYBE once a month, and I always keep them short, and i guess you could say to the point. But what i meant was there are more 18 second cars on the street than at the track
Old 03-30-2003, 10:52 PM   #13
blind34_1

thats a good idea Ducky. My town is throwing all sorts of money around and that includes building a skate park. I think there is definately enough demand around here for them to build a track, to keep the racing off the streets. good idea, I'll be thinking aboiut this....
Old 03-30-2003, 11:48 PM   #14
Duckydos

blind34_1...
I would definate sign a petition for you...
Old 03-31-2003, 04:16 PM   #15
SilverCiv

Don't race on the roads, think of the innocent people you could hurt
Old 03-31-2003, 07:41 PM   #16
Shot 2 Hel

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverCiv
Don't race on the roads, think of the innocent people you could hurt

For some thats the only option. But if your gonna race I say keep it smart and as safe as possible. That means go out to the middle of nowhere if you can. And dont race with innocents around
Old 03-31-2003, 10:16 PM   #17
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Everyone I suppose has the right of free assembly...but that seems a bit hypocritical for racers to knock other racers who may not have any other choice. Now, if there's a track 30 minutes from your house and it's open you don't have an excuse. There's a track roughly 30-45 minutes from me but they won't let me race there. Plus it'll most likely get closed because it's within earshot of a bunch of rich people. Conveniently some of these rich people are the owners of a large bank chain that owns the deed to the land the track is on. Plus the track is in a horrible state of disrepair and hasn't been kept up over the years. Next closest track is in Topeka (about 1 1/2 hours away) and I doubt they'll let me race there either so I'm not willing to make the drive out just so I can get turned away and drive all the way back. So I'm pretty much out of options and for other racers who don't have this problem to criticize me is just bullshit. Want me off the street? Fine...build a track near my house and let me race there. I won't give up my hobby and one of the few activities I feel passionately about just because there's a backlash against motorsports in this country. Hell...they've already passed laws in certain parts of Mass. making it illegal to modify your exhaust for the purpose of making it louder (i.e. for performance purposes). Street racing can be done as long as you're responsible and careful. I'm not talking about racing through traffic....find a secluded spot at night and make sure there's no one near you that isn't involved in the race. Once that's done in a correct fashion then the only dangers you face are the same ones you'll see at a legal track. So f*ck those hypocritical bastards and their high and mighty shit.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote